• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hunter S.

I did not know it was a word (retarded) not to be named. I am American after all.

I will say lower intelligence than lunchbox and gata'S love child, instead from now on.

Hindl

8YAyPY.gif

RIP Wellie's laptop

Some of the only joy this team has brought me recently

The Eagles basically won us a Super Bowl with that punt return.

Pretty much. Giants could have gotten as high as a two seed had they won that game. The team never recovered. That 2010 team had a pretty nice defense that year, too. Probably Fewell's best outside of the 2011 playoff run.

There are more painful Eagles games than that though. The 2011 SB win did a lot for me to not give that much of a shit about it. The 2008 playoff loss to the Eagles hurt more. That Giants team could have/should have repeated if not for Plaxico and the Dline wearing down.

Slo

I did not know it was a word (retarded) not to be named. I am American after all.

I will say lower intelligence than lunchbox and gata'S love child, instead from now on.

In general it's pretty silly to outlaw words, people just find euphemisms for terms they can't use anymore.

RBH

So I have a question about driving in the snow.

I'm planning to move to the southern suburbs of Chicago soon for the next few years, and I'm thinking about whether I should get a car that has four-wheel-drive/all-wheel-drive. I have little to no experience driving in the snow/ice since I've been in Atlanta for almost my whole life, so it's certainly going to be an adjustment. I currently have a Nissan Altima '07 that's kinda getting long in the tooth, and I'm debating whether it's worthwhile to get a car that has 4WD or AWD or just stick with my current car and get some snow tires (actually, I'll probably get snow tires regardless). From my limited understanding, AWD/4WD helps out more with acceleration while snow tires help out more with cornering/braking.

Just wanted to get some thoughts from the NFL-GAF members here who are from the midwest and/or have experience driving in the snow.

Milchjon

I'm planning to move to the southern suburbs of Chicago soon for the next few years, and I'm thinking about whether I should get a car that has four-wheel-drive/all-wheel-drive. I have little to no experience driving in the snow/ice since I've been in Atlanta for almost my whole life, so it's certainly going to be an adjustment. I currently have a Nissan Altima '07 that's kinda getting long in the tooth, and I'm debating whether it's worthwhile to get a car that has 4WD or AWD or just stick with my current car and get some snow tires (actually, I'll probably get snow tires regardless). From my limited understanding, AWD/4WD helps out more with acceleration while snow tires help out more with cornering/braking.

Just wanted to get some thoughts from the NFL-GAF members here who are from the midwest and/or have experience driving in the snow.

Millions of Europeans drive in the snow without AWD. I assume you won't be going off road?

Good winter tires are a must though.

Then again, I am often surprised by the state of US infrastructure, so maybe it is necessary :p

Winter tyres make a bigger difference than 4WD in the snow. You'll be fine as long it's not RWD.

Driving in the snow is nothing to worry about though, be very gentle with accelerating and shift up to a higher gear as soon as you can. Trick is to keep the revs as low as possible to prevent the wheels from spinning.

Keep a big distance between the car in front, like stupidly big. Big enough that other arseholes on the road overtake you and fill that gap.

Bitanator

Like I said, it's just nice to have something to look forward to. It doesn't matter the outcome right now.

As far as Cousins bending to pressure, he was made the guy right before the season last year and did okay after...6-7 weeks, but I guess that's understandable.

I don't really fear the Giants this year. I feel like their moves were made out of desperation and not out of need/desire to win. They have a discipline problem and I don't think that's getting better with a coach the players don't like, especially after the last one seemingly left on bad terms.

The Cowboys I do fear. But that only goes as far as their health goes. Which is a lot of teams' problems.

The Eagles will be a tire fire, though.

Good points, I think the Giants are a better team offensively, I'm not buying into their rebuilt D though until it wins them games and does not surrender too many yards through the air. Redskins got better for sure, they have the opportunity to yield a powerhouse offense through the air, but their run defense is still suspect. The east is always competitive even if it sucks anal leak every year, this year has the opportunity to actually have some good teams who are also competitive, will be a fun year

Top Bottom