• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Lmfao Sam

I almost feel bad for Pep. Proved wrong three different ways and now it's clear to everyone that nobody wants Bradford, and Sam admitted as much. RIP
Denver wanted him and tried to trade for him but Howie is a lunatic and turned them down. Any other team that might have wanted him either can't afford him, like the jets, or he doesn't want to play for like the 9ers. It is also super late in the process. If they had done this at the start of FA more teams would have been interested.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
So Stellaris is supposed to be pretty easy to mod...tempted to do a NFL-GAF thing again like with Prison Architect, but I know I won't be able to give it enough free time to do it justice.

I also got hooked on that Pocket Card Jockey 3DS game yesterday. Too damn addicting.

Should I name the next horse I race Jandro?

gutshot

Denver wanted him and tried to trade for him but Howie is a lunatic and turned them down. Any other team that might have wanted him either can't afford him, like the jets, or he doesn't want to play for like the 9ers. It is also super late in the process. If they had done this at the start of FA more teams would have been interested.

Or they could have just, y'know, gone to free agency?

So Stellaris is supposed to be pretty easy to mod...tempted to do a NFL-GAF thing again like with Prison Architect, but I know I won't be able to give it enough free time to do it justice.

I also got hooked on that Pocket Card Jockey 3DS game yesterday. Too damn addicting.

Yes you should to everything.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis

Name it Dega. That's a cool name.

I'll call it now: 4 years from now Sam will be out of the league. I'll be generous and say he gets 2 years with whatever team he ends up riding the bench of next year. And that he won't end up like Manziel

Bread

Banned
I'm calling it now, within the next 5 years the patriot will win a game. I'll put my avatar on the line if anyone wants to bet on it.

Him not ending up like JFF is the best prediction ever. Bradford has never failed a drug test in his life, or gotten into an off field trouble. Sweeney really is the worst.

The shirtless wonder!!!

I used to play horse related simulation game"Derby Owners Club". One of the greatest games made by Sega

MechDX

The shirtless wonder!!!

I used to play horse related simulation game"Derby Owners Club". One of the greatest games made by Sega

4MCBoiY.gif

giphy.gif

Way to really go out on a limb.

I'm always accused of being too realistic and not being optimistic enough, so I thought I'd be fair to EaglesGAF and say you got 3 years of lying/misleading yourselves about Sam's value and that he won't immediately bust and ruin it like Johnny. I think he can stay around for at least half that long, don't you??? I thought you guys were optimistic????

Godslay

Banned
Lynch is going to need a significant amount of time to get ready so that sounds crazy to me.

He'll play at some point this season but I can't imagine anyone other than Sanchez being the starter day one.

The Broncos feel that he's further along than outsiders suggest. I'd take their word on it over anyone else's at this point.

Kube's offense isn't some overly complicated system, in fact it's pretty simplistic as far as offenses go. So learning it shouldn't be a huge hurdle.

If it's a true open competition, then anyone can start. Including Siemian, who actually looked better than Osweiler at points last year in TC/PS. Which leaves the door open for Lynch as well.

I agree that Sanchez will more than likely start the season off. He's got the most time in with the Broncos (aside from Siemian), he's a vet, and he'll minimize mistakes. Even with that said, if Lynch or Siemian has a great TC I wouldn't be surprised to see either guy get the nod over Mark. They might learn on the fly, and deal with the mistakes that come with that, but at least we would be moving forward instead of crossing the bridge.

MechDX

Aaron Wilson ‏@AaronWilson_NFL 18m18 minutes ago
Vince Wilfork on mentoring rookie D.J. Reader 'we're going to do a lot of bonding. It's exciting.'

Pray for Houstons BBQ restaurants. #BeefShortage

Vince-Wilfork-Turkey-Leg.gif

The best QB of all time Peyton Manning visited future HOF QB Ryan Tannehill.

It speaks volumes about new Dolphins coach Adam Gase that Manning chose to quietly visit Dolphins headquarters earlier this spring to meet with Gase (his former offensive coordinator in Denver) and share some knowledge with Ryan Tannehill.

“It was really cool,” Tannehill told me. “A guy that had his career, the living legend he is, coming off a Super Bowl winning season --- it was really cool just to be able to sit and pick his brain about things he's done in this offense and football things in general: snap counts, things you like, the way you want guys to run routes, little details about the game. We really just got to talk the game, which is something we both love.”

Manning, who is now retired, told Tannehill some of the nuances of Gase’s offense.

“At that time, we weren't able to meet with the coaches or anything, so I didn’t really have a great handle yet,” Tannehill said. “So I wasn't really able to dive into the playbook too much. So I had a few questions [for Manning]. If he comes back now, we can have a completely different conversation.”

What was clear, Tannehill, said is that Manning “respects Adam. The things they did, getting to a Super Bowl together, there is a mutual respect there. He is something I aspire to be, as good or better as he is one day. Hopefully, we'll be able to get him to come around some more.”

<3

Mindlog

Patriots:
Fanatic Xenophobe
Despotic Empire
Assholes

Daniel Jeremiah &#8207;@MoveTheSticks 1m1 minute ago
The Eagles hit a HR by hiring Joe Douglas. They followed that up with another HR by adding Andy Weidl. 2 of NFLs top evaluators.

Hopefully these moves work out for them. Would be great to see Douglas become the GM and Howie go the fuck away.

Top Bottom