• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Bionic just messaged me on PSN to say he can't wait to come back, Ray Lewis is the greatest linebacker of all time, and that he has purchased several more rugs.

ampere

Mike Dikta, Ray Lewis and Cris Carter getting moved off Sunday Countdown. Charles Woodson, Matt Hasselback and Randy Moss in.
http://thebiglead.com/2016/05/09/ma...rage-cris-carter-ray-lewis-out-randy-moss-in/

The GOAT steps into the spotlight!!

QNoLA2N.jpg

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I'd like to talk about Andy Dalton.

The Red Rifle was drafted by the Bengals in the 2nd round out of TCU in a 2011 QB draft class which included Cam Newton, Blaine Gabbert, Christian Ponder and Colin Kaepernick.

The Bengals QB has had a solid career with 2015 poised to be his best season statistically, by far, before a thumb injury sidelined him for the rest of the season and playoffs.

While posting solid stats throughout his career he's made the playoffs in each of the seasons he's started and has posted an abysmal record throwing for 6 INTs, 1 TD at a 55% completion rate

Andy Dalton also had probably the worst performance I've ever seen by a solid QB when the Browns beat the Bengals 24-3 and Andy Dalton posted a 2.8 QBR. After the game a lot of fans and media stated that Dalton was done as a Bengal even potentially a starter.

Yet last season Andy Dalton made strides especially with big wins on the road against rivals like Pittsburgh and the Bengals started 8-0 and were looking like a potential Super Bowl contender before Dalton was hurt and AJ McCarron took over.

He's hitting that QB prime age at 28 and the Bengals drafted Tyler Boyd in the 2nd round to go along with AJ Green.

I think the Bengals, like the Lions, are flying under the radar due to more coverage that divisional rivals get and nonsensical Patriots talk.

The Bengals and Andy Dalton have a great team and Dalton showed he can be a great QB who can/will eventually get the Bengals a playoff win and possibly further given the overall state of the AFC.

Andy Dalton sucks ass.

Man....so now X-Men AOA is getting terrible reviews. WB done fucked it up for everyone

Yep to both. At this point I'm expecting Suicide Squad to suck and Justice League to effectively end Zack Snyder's chances, the latter I'll shed no tears for because Snyder's a one-hit wonder who like Shymalan should have had his last chance long ago

effzee

This. Denver wanted him, but Roseman wasn't going to trade him. He had no options, so might as well be the lame duck and at least collect all his money. I think he could have made it unpleasant enough to force a trade, but I guess he didn't want to go that route.

Whatever. It's going to be a thing all year. Who gets the most reps in camp? Is Wentz getting enough reps? Is the starter? When does Wentz start?

Week 1 game, game 1, qrt 1, first series, first bad throw.

No wonder Sam wanted to leave.

Unlike most important I don't have any hate or strong dislike for these guys. Rather liked Cris Carter.

I don't think the Eagles are going to be as bad as everyone expects them to be.

Based on what? Sam being back?

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Andy Dalton sucks ass.

Man....so now X-Men AOA is getting terrible reviews. WB done fucked it up for everyone

Andy Dalton doesn't suck ass though. He's had a pretty solid career and is still young. He was on pace to destroy all of his previous career statistics and was guiding the Bengals to 10-2.

He's had a terrible postseason career but he's still young and I honestly think the Bengals win that game against the Steelers if Dalton is QB and not McCarron.

JABEE

Week 1 game, game 1, qrt 1, first series, first bad throw.

No wonder Sam wanted to leave.

Unlike most important I don't have any hate or strong dislike for these guys. Rather liked Cris Carter.

Based on what? Sam being back?

Looking at their starting lineup versus other teams in the NFC East.

What about Sammy?

I was looking at their starting line up. They look pretty good except for CB and WR. The Eagles need Agholor to step up.

Ertz is good. They have Randle as the third receiver.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...-east-projected-starters-teambyteam-breakdown
Head coaching matters and Dougie is going to be terrible. If Matthews misses any time at all they are so fucked at rb, randle was terrible with the giants last year I have no idea what would make you think he would be good with the Eagles. The wr's had a million drops last year, what makes you think that will improve?

MechDX

Andy Dalton doesn't suck ass though. He's had a pretty solid career and is still young. He was on pace to destroy all of his previous career statistics and was guiding the Bengals to 10-2.

He's had a terrible postseason career but he's still young and I honestly think the Bengals win that game against the Steelers if Dalton is QB and not McCarron.

When Andy Dalton can figure out how to finally beat TJ Yates give me a call. The Bengals will never win Shit because the thought of TJ is in the back of the Bengals collective minds.

He is always there waiting, watching .....

JABEE

Head coaching matters and Dougie is going to be terrible. If Matthews misses any time at all they are so fucked at rb, randle was terrible with the giants last year I have no idea what would make you think he would be good with the Eagles. The wr's had a million drops last year, what makes you think that will improve?
He had 800 yards receiving last season. He dropped a lot of passes, but he was also open.

I don't know how good Dougie will be as a head coach, but I know Jim Schwartz is a good defensive coordinator.

The biggest difference this season will be the play of the interior linemen. Brooks and company should be an upgrade. We will see.

Euron

I don't think the Eagles are going to be as bad as everyone expects them to be.
They'll lose to the Browns, beat the Packers, and win a game against every NFC East team and likely sweep the Giants. I can't really put any sort of overarching mark of quality level on that.

JABEE

They'll lose to the Browns, beat the Packers, and win a game against every NFC East team and likely sweep the Giants. I can't really put any sort of overarching mark of quality level on that.
The Eagles pick the Browns have won't be in the top 10. That's my barometer for not being as bad as everyone expects.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Andy Dalton sucks ass.

Disney keeps winning

Edit: damn it, now I'm thinking like a cowboys fan

Also means this summer somehow got even lighter in terms of anticipated releases for me. I'll still go see it but I'm looking at all the movies coming out this summer and just kinda shrugging my shoulders.

Did you see the trailer for the movie Shallows? It's about a girl trapped on a rock in the water a few hundred yards from the beach trying to get away from a shark. That's the whole movie. I love simple stuff like that.

I honestly don't even care about movie reviews or tv really. Can't even say the last time I actually cared to read a full movie review.
I'll probably check out X men.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Did you see the trailer for the movie Shallows? It's about a girl trapped on a rock in the water a few hundred yards from the beach trying to get away from a shark. That's the whole movie. I love simple stuff like that.

Eh.

I like big budget spectacles in the summer.

Basically looking at:

Xmen
Warcraft
Ghostbusters
Independence Day 2
Suicide Squad
Star Trek (forgot about this one)

All of these movies could legitimately be really, really bad. I'll see them all but damn. It sucks that we basically peaked this year with Deadpool and Civil War already. Doctor Strange will hopefully be awesome!

Edit: Bourne movie might be okay...wasn't a gigantic fan of the originals. Central Intelligence might be funny but that's not something I have to see in theaters or anything...comedies are mostly on demand territory for me.

That Tarzan trailer didn't look turrible.......

I'm interested in Free State of Jones.

I can't remember what it was called but I remember during BvS a trailer about a movie based on the BP oil spill. Seemed to to be from the perspective of a worker. Not sure I'd see it in theaters but still seemed interesting that the movie was being made.
Fake edit: might have been called DeepWater Horizon after the oil rig

Top Bottom