• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.
That Tarzan trailer didn't look turrible.......

I'm interested in Free State of Jones.

I can't remember what it was called but I remember during BvS a trailer about a movie based on the BP oil spill. Seemed to to be from the perspective of a worker. Not sure I'd see it in theaters but still seemed interesting that the movie was being made.
Fake edit: might have been called DeepWater Horizon after the oil rig

Free State of Jones and Roots. A double dip into my White Guilt-y pleasures

He had 800 yards receiving last season. He dropped a lot of passes, but he was also open.

Randle has the ability to flash every now and again and make you think he's an NFL calibre receiver. He'll run a decent route, make a one handed grab, etc. The problem is those flashes are few and far between. In the interim, he'll be constantly running slants because he can't win on most other routes. His effort at other times is questionable as hell and far too often he doesn't understand/know what the play call is and runs the wrong route leading to a turnover that will get pinned on the QB. There was also a great deal spoken about his immaturity and lack of commitment to honing his craft. We kept waiting for it to clock for him. Maybe the change of scenery is all he needs and not being stuck behind an all world talent like Odell but then he sucked ass prior to Odell arriving.

I applaud the optimism but I truly hope your not pinning the production of your WR corp on Reuben Randle. He's not that guy. He might turn into a decent #2 for you at best. A big MIGHT on that one.

Hindl

I don't think the Eagles are going to be as bad as everyone expects them to be.

Agreed. Doug will be a little green, but I at least expect More consistency on offense and more rest for our defense. With chip I was holding my breath at the start of every drive hoping we didn't go 3 and out. With Doug we'll at least get more sustained drives, although we'll score less overall. But I also have faith in Schwartz to cause more 3 and outs. 3rd down killed us last year. We have a brutal schedule, I don't think well make the playoffs but like you I don't think we're gonna give a top 10 pick. I'm expecting around 7-9 like last year, but with a more consistent, if less scoring offense

You hope, but it never does :(

I'll pray for you friend. Hopefully everyone gets back from injury and they can get some good storylines going, and New day starts winning

Edit: Future that's about what I've heard from other giants fans thanks. I'm just hoping he can be a decent WR3 along with Givens. Matthews #1 and hopefully Agholor develops into a #2

manfestival

DansGame.png
DansGame.png
DansGame.png
DansGame.png
DansGame.png
DansGame.png
DansGame.png
DansGame.png
DansGame.png
DansGame.png
DansGame.png
DansGame.png
DansGame.png
DansGame.png
DansGame.png
DansGame.png
DansGame.png
DansGame.png
DansGame.png
DansGame.png
DansGame.png
DansGame.png

JABEE

Randle has the ability to flash every now and again and make you think he's an NFL calibre receiver. He'll run a decent route, make a one handed grab, etc. The problem is those flashes are few and far between. In the interim, he'll be constantly running slants because he can't win on most other routes. His effort at other times is questionable as hell and far too often he doesn't understand/know what the play call is and runs the wrong route leading to a turnover that will get pinned on the QB. There was also a great deal spoken about his immaturity and lack of commitment to honing his craft. We kept waiting for it to clock for him. Maybe the change of scenery is all he needs and not being stuck behind an all world talent like Odell but then he sucked ass prior to Odell arriving.

I applaud the optimism but I truly hope your not pinning the production of your WR corp on Reuben Randle. He's not that guy. He might turn into a decent #2 for you at best. A big MIGHT on that one.

I don't see him as anything special. Just a guy who can contribute more than Miles Austin and Riley Cooper last season.

RBH

Linebacker Jon Bostic is headed back to the NFC North.

The Patriots have traded Bostic to the Lions in exchange for an undisclosed conditional draft pick. Field Yates of ESPN.com reports that it is a 2017 seventh-round pick, although there’s no word on the conditions that would convey that pick to New England.

Bostic started his career as a 2013 second-round pick of the Bears and was traded to the Patriots last September and had two tackles in 11 regular season appearances. He played 29 games and made 17 starts for the Bears in his first two seasons.

The Lions currently have DeAndre Levy, Tahir Whitehead, Josh Bynes, Kyle Van Noy, Brandon Copeland 2016 fifth-rounder Antwione Williams and Stephen Tulloch at linebacker, although it’s been expected for some time that they will be parting ways with Tulloch.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/05/09/lions-acquire-jon-bostic-in-trade-with-patriots/

the-case-of-the-missing-rugrat-old-ladies.jpg

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

What's interesting is this is Bob Quinn's first trade and it's with the Patriots. Only gave up a 7th rounder and he's still young.

This offseason was all about adding depth through free agency and the draft. I think we did that. The foundation of the team has already been built this offseason was about adding depth in case of injuries or players step up.

Outside of the offensive line which I think we addressed in the draft there is no weakness on this team whether secondary or QB.

JABEE

I feel like I have lost a bit of the Pats-Hating Fire that I once had. It used to be different. Maybe it is just the offseason.

Narag

I feel like I have lost a bit of the Pats-Hating Fire that I once had. It used to be different. Maybe it is just the offseason.

Maybe it's because justice has been served and Pats fans will have to endure the bitter sting of a 3-1 start this year.

Mindlog

Weird and wonderful seeing so much excitement for a new 4x space rts.
Also w&w? Critics coming around on drafting a kicker in the second round!
The Bucs GM explains how he traded down from No. 9 and still got his man
By Jared Dubin | Staff Writer
May 9, 2016 2:09 pm ET

The Bucs then turned around and packaged the No. 106 pick with No. 74 to move up 15 spots to No. 59 and select former Florida State kicker Roberto Aguayo. Yes, they traded up to pick a kicker in the second round. In doing so, they surredered whatever excess value they picked up in the No. 9/No.11 swap, as well as their own third-round pick. Also, they took a kicker in the second round. We'll kindly say that Licht went one-for-two with his reasoning here.
vUtPnVD.gif

They're coming around baby!

Line_HTX

After he badmouthed NYC, I'm on board.

Why the fuck you lyin'? I only badmouthed the weather when I got here, now the past 3 days have been perfect. I had a lot of fun and I can't walk for a while so it was worth it.

It's a little crazy, but I definitely want to come back.

Did you see the trailer for the movie Shallows? It's about a girl trapped on a rock in the water a few hundred yards from the beach trying to get away from a shark. That's the whole movie. I love simple stuff like that.

I felt eh about the first trailer but that second trailer sold me on seeing it this month. IDK if I'd recommend watching the most recent (second) trailer if you haven't already seen it though, it's longer and gives away more about what happens

Fantomex

I'm good. Getting up way too early every day and busy with the final stretch of my bachelor's degree + thesis.

But besides that all good!

How's my favorite former AFC East rival?

Good luck with all the schooling Dutch. I hope you get a kickass job with your degree. I'm just taking in this beautiful California weather and working hard. Waiting for my Blue and Yellow throwback Dickerson jersey to come in the mail 😬.

You have a good night Dutchy, us olds gotta get rest.

Good luck with all the schooling Dutch. I hope you get a kickass job with your degree. I'm just taking in this beautiful California weather and working hard. Waiting for my Blue and Yellow throwback Dickerson jersey to come in the mail 😬.

You have a good night Dutchy, us olds gotta get rest.

One year to get that Master's degree next year, and then the real adult party begins, just like my BFF Bread.

Bae mentioned yesterday that she would be cool with moving to Cali, so we got that going for us, Cali friends!!!!

praise greg!

#BasedGreg

Top Bottom