• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Pepiope

Nice trade on paper for the Browns but if the Eagles get Goff then he's guaranteed to become a hall of famer because the Browns passed on him
I'm pretty certain it's Tunsil.

Why spend $30 mill on QBs this year if you're gonna trade the fuck up for one too!?

Nope, welcome to Philly Tunsil

Brinbe

DA FUCK

Guess Wentz is an Eagle! The Rams are sure as fuck taking the Cali boy in Goff.

Carson better pan out now, Christ... Paxton fucking Lynch will probably end up being a better QB in the end too. ='I

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Schefter seems to believe 100% that it's going to be either Goff or Wentz.

Does Philly somehow know what LA is going to do? Or are they really saying the either QB is fine and worth that haul of picks?

Yeah I have zero idea what the Iggles are doing.

On the one hand, you can't trade all that to move up unless you're going to get a QB.

On the other, you can't trade all that to get a QB when you just spent 30 mil on the position

(Full disclosure: I still think a fifteen year starter is so valuable that you're justified to do whatever you can to get him, but still why resign Bradford and bring in Daniel if you liked one of the draft guys that much?)

Wes

venison crêpe
Woooo! I'm happy with that trade.

I get to actively root against the Eagles every week next year. Life is full of little bonuses.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Appropriate Browns reaction:

jimmy-halsman-laughing.gif

Appropriate gaf reaction to Iggles-gaf:

Baby-Laughing-Hard-and-Falls-Over.gif

Schefter seems to believe 100% that it's going to be either Goff or Wentz.

Does Philly somehow know what LA is going to do? Or are they really saying the either QB is fine and worth that haul of picks?
The player doesn't matter. The point is that chip tried to trade up to #2 for a qb and failed, and now Howie has done it. I am sure in his little mind he has now surpassed chip.

Hey good job Cleveland more picks for you to screw up on! Good job Eagles another QB that's going to fail in your city.

Great day for Football and America!

JABEE

The only saving grace in all of this is that we made the trade with the Browns. Wentz will turn into Big Ben or Luck. :(

EDIT: BREAD!

Hindl

We're not that stupid to trade up for a QB after the offseason we've had.

Their official write-up pretty much guarantees they're taking a QB:

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/n...y-Eagles/6a8e8a4b-c1f0-4435-bd78-5b32b3a40aeb

Some choice quotes:

By moving around assets – starting with the trade that sent linebacker Kiko Alonso and cornerback Byron Maxwell to Miami and moving up from No. 13 to No. 8 in the first round by virtue of that trade – the Eagles are taking advantage of the rare opportunity of being in the top 10 of the draft to take a quarterback.

It is important to understand that whomever the Eagles draft won’t be asked to come in and play immediately. Or any time soon after that. Bradford is the starting quarterback here and the hope is that he lights it up in this West Coast offense and that the Eagles win the NFC East and have a deep run in the postseason. By being aggressive in free agency, the Eagles head into the draft without any glaring holes. That’s not to say this team has no room to improve, but there is a starter for every position, and if the Eagles were to line up today and play, they could be a very competitive team.

With the help of a massive trade, the Eagles think they’ve taken a step toward reclaiming the glory of those days when the team had deep playoff runs and contended for the Super Bowl every season. They wanted to make sure they had a chance to cover every base at the quarterback position, and they’ve done that – with an exclamation point – with a second move up in the first round all the way to No. 2 and a chance to grab the quarterback of the future.

Brinbe

Basically gave up a 1st, 2nd and a 3rd to move up six spots... and we're not even gonna take the best player on the board. Passing on Jalen Ramsey and letting him get to the Cowboys.
LLShC.gif

Motherfucker. Just stick @ 8 and take Zeke or Hargreaves or if you want a QB so bad, trade back and wait for Lynch. OR take a flyer on Hackenberg or someone like that in later rounds. WTF... This screams of Pederson falling in love with Wentz and trading it all for him. He better fucking deliver, and I'm not convinced this was worth it. ESPECIALLY SINCE WE'RE SPENDING A SHITTON ON FUCKING BRADFORD/DANIELS AS IS. THIS IS STUPID. THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY'RE DOING

/ECKEL MODE OFF

Top Bottom