• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.

RBH

Browns-GAF right now:

tumblr_ny9xzoSQ5K1sbzhteo1_400.0.gif

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Yeah what the fuck!

We better draft Tunsil

:jnc

I don't think the Eagles would give up that much for Laremy Tunsil. They have to be looking at Jalen Ramsey.

Or with the rumors of the Cowboys and Giants looking at Ezekiel Elliot maybe the Eagles moved up to #2 to draft him?

I don't think this move is for Tunsil.

Great, great trade for the Browns. I want to see EDP's reaction.

effzee

I'm pretty certain it's Tunsil.

Why spend $30 mill on QBs this year if you're gonna trade the fuck up for one too!?

Nope, welcome to Philly Tunsil

Dude get a grip. No one moves for like this for a Tackle.

This is for a QB no doubt about it.

Schefter seems to believe 100% that it's going to be either Goff or Wentz.

Does Philly somehow know what LA is going to do? Or are they really saying the either QB is fine and worth that haul of picks?

Philly better know what the Rams are doing otherwise they could be thrown for a loop.

Assumption is Rams get Goff and Eagles get Wentz.

Yikes. Hate this move especially considering the compensation.

Basically gave up a 1st, 2nd and a 3rd to move up six spots... and we're not even gonna take the best player on the board. Passing on Jalen Ramsey and letting him get to the Cowboys.
LLShC.gif

Motherfucker. Just stick @ 8 and take Zeke or Hargreaves or if you want a QB so bad, trade back and wait for Lynch. OR take a flyer on Hackenberg or someone like that in later rounds. WTF

Exactly.

I was so excited to get someone in the top 10 who would impact this team this year and be a game changer either on O or D. With our luck, Wentz is going to be garbo.

Wish the Cowboys had the Browns FO. Exciting time to be Browns fan.

Cowboys basically free to get the best D player in the draft. I wouldn't be so worried. If Romo is healthy, they have this division and chance at a deep run if not SB.

Brinbe

#Eagles all but assured that they will draft North Dakota State QB Carson Wentz with the second pick.

Sigh... time to brainwash myself for the next few weeks until I'm not totally livid with this decision.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap3000000628807/Mayock-Wentz-is-my-favorite-QB-in-the-draft Mayock likes him, that's a plus....

NFL history also stipulates that one of Goff/Wentz will probably bust. And we're probably drafting Ryan Leaf. Sigh.

“I like his size, I like his arm strength, his mobility. He’s a bigger kid. I think he’s got all the tools to be an NFL quarterback,” said Doug Pederson during a recent sit-down with the media.

“If you haven’t spent time with a guy like Carson Wentz, it’s hard from the outside looking in. You may go: North Dakota State, smaller school, might be an issue. But when you finally get him into your building, get your hands on him, have a chance to visit with him, talk to him and just break it down, this kid is pretty impressive. I’m excited to see where he goes and then excited to kind of follow his career.”

Read more at http://www.phillymag.com/?pm-blogs=birds247#BmiEialeMraUydF0.99

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Browns, you idiots ... You earned your high draft pick through terrible play. Just use the pick you earned. You clearly need that caliber of talent.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

So why resign Sam Bradford then? The Eagles probably believe Wentz is the QB they need for the future. Can sit behind Bradford and adjust to the game.

But hey, if the Eagles believe Wentz is a franchise QB then it won't be a lot given up in the long run. But if he's not then holy shit did they give up way to much to move up 6 spots.

Still, with the Elliot to Cowboys, Giants rumors maybe that's who they want at #2.

Hindl

So the 4th swap basically cancels each other out, Browns picked 99, Eagles picked 100. So, for #2:

2016 1st, 2016 3rd, 2017 1st, 2018 2nd.

Goddamnit at least it's spread out but that's a lot for fucking Wentz when we have a dearth of talent.

JABEE

If Wentz is legit, this is a good trade.

If Wentz is not good, devastating.

The 2018 2nd round pick and the position of the 1st next season is my concern.

So why resign Sam Bradford then? The Eagles probably believe Wentz is the QB they need for the future. Can sit behind Bradford and adjust to the game.

Well the bright side here is if Bradford actually plays well this season they can trade him for something. If Bradford plays like shit they have another QB waiting in the wings.

ampere

Iggles gonna iggle

Browns at least know that they always blow big draft picks, so might as well get more to boost their odds

tumblr_inline_npyvw61bvR1svqvxq_500.gif

In all reality I think it's wierd as fuck Eagles already made the trade without knowing who the number 1 pick is.

Wk1 Eagles vs Browns just got more interesting !

What if the Browns tool Paxton Lynch at 8? For those bad we didn't take Goff/Wentz it would appear Hue wasn't as in love with them. The Qb decision really comes down to him.

Right now I see maybe cook/lynch later? Dak? Jacoby?

Damn Stacy looking nice on ESPN!

But hey, if the Eagles believe Wentz is a franchise QB then it won't be a lot given up in the long run. But if he's not then holy shit did they give up way to much to move up 6 spots.

Still, with the Elliot to Cowboys, Giants rumors maybe that's who they want at #2.

Just stop

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
So the 4th swap basically cancels each other out, Browns picked 99, Eagles picked 100. So, for #2:

2016 1st, 2016 3rd, 2017 1st, 2018 2nd.

Goddamnit at least it's spread out but that's a lot for fucking Wentz when we have a dearth of talent.

As a Browns fan, I feel like it's barely anything in exchange for not drafting a new, good quarterback. The second-rounder two years from now is silly as hell. The current front office will be fired by then.

Top Bottom