• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Since the Ravens' Super Bowl win, Flacco's numbers haven't exactly been overwhelming. He's 24th in Total QBR over the past three years, and his interception rate is up nearly 50 percent versus his three-season run ending with the Super Bowl year:

YEAR CMP ATT CMP% YDS Y/ATT TD INT QBR
2010-2012 935 1,562 59.9% 11,049 7.1 67 32 55.0
2013-2015 972 1,581 61.5% 10,689 6.8 60 46 51.8

Few teams would look at that sort of stagnant-at-best production, combine it with a torn ACL, and hand out a contract extension with $44 million in guaranteed money, but the Ravens didn't really have a choice. By giving Flacco a three-year deal, they managed to lower his cap hit to $22.5 million, clearing out the $6 million or so in cap space Baltimore then used to sign those veterans above. The Ravens are basically now tied to Flacco as their starter for the next three years, with 2019 really the first season where Baltimore could cut Flacco as a post-June 1 release without swallowing an exorbitant amount of dead money.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15500111/bill-barnwell-2016-offseason-report-cards-baltimore-ravens-cincinnati-bengals-cleveland-browns-pittsburgh-steelers

EsvgTvk.png

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Civilization 6 announced for October release. I wonder if it'll be like 4 and 5 where it's just okay at launch and not really great until a few expansions are out.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Civilization 6 announced for October release. I wonder if it'll be like 4 and 5 where it's just okay at launch and not really great until a few expansions are out.

Of course it will. A game that complex needs millions of hours of beta testing to work out the kinks. I'll be one of those suckers doing the testing, obviously.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Of course it will. A game that complex needs millions of hours of beta testing to work out the kinks. I'll be one of those suckers doing the testing, obviously.

Cautiously optimistic:

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/05/11/civilization-vi-details/

Development duties are in the hands of the team behind Civ V’s expansions, Gods & Kings and Brave New World, and when we spoke to designer Ed Beach and associate producer Sarah Darney last week to learn all the details, they told us that almost every system from the complete Civ V will be included in the sequel: trade routes, religious systems, archaeology…there’ll be no need to wait for expansions, it’s all in the base game.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

Civ V was solid at launch but you're right, it really wasn't until the expansions it became truly great. No game makes time fly by like Civilization.

6 hours later....one more turn. I can't wait to see what they add for Civ 6 I already love the style/graphics of it though.

Civilization: Revolution was/is a dumbed down console version of Civ. Tried the demo and went right back to Civilization 4.

Tom Penny

No matter what great moves the Dolphins make they get disrespected . Predictions.

1.New England Patriots: 10-6 (10.3 mean wins, SOS: 16)
2. Buffalo Bills: 9-7 (8.6 mean wins; SOS: 15)
3. New York Jets: 6-10 (6.0 mean wins; SOS: 2)
4. Miami Dolphins: 5-11 (4.7 mean wins; SOS: 4)

No matter what great moves the Dolphins make they get disrespected . Predictions.

Sounds about right to me,

But this is the dolphins year

squicken

As great as Ozzie has been, that has been such a costly mistake. Are they even going to be close to getting back to the SB while under his present deal? They keep having to redo it, which keeps him among the highest paid QBs. Let him walk and they would have had big cap savings and a nice compensatory pick

It's like BoB. I think he is a good coach, but he cannot get a handle on the QB position. It doesn't speak well of Osweiller that BoB previously thought Ryan Mallett was the QB of the future

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Civ 6 looks like a game that would run on an Iphone 3G

I read some comments like that in the announcement thread...but nah. Looks like a decent graphical upgrade I can't wait to see what they add to the gameplay, new civilizations, how they interact with each other.

I'm tired of Montezuma, Ghandi and all the other civs having essentially the same AI.

Montezuma why are you pissed off all the time?

Ghandi why are you so nice? I'm already plotting to take Dehli with all of its wonders.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
ESPN made an 8 hour 30 for 30 on OJ

Who remembers where they were when they heard the "not guilty" verdict?

For me I was in elementary school in music class. The teacher came in and put on the radio so she could hear the verdict. We did no music that day except end up spending the rest of the class talking about the OJ verdict and why we were happy/upset about it.

MechDX

For me I was in elementary school in music class. The teacher came in and put on the radio so she could hear the verdict. We did no music that day except end up spending the rest of the class talking about the OJ verdict and why we were happy/upset about it.

I remember watching the Rockets in the NBA finals and it getting moved to a small, inset screen while they showed the white Bronco driving down a damn freeway on the other 90% of the screen.....

Even when Houston finally wins in a major sport we lose.

I was in high school, I forgot what class but the teacher put on the TV so we can watch it. It was pretty crazy,

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

Elementary school at a LAUSD school and I remember my teacher wheeling out a TV to listen to the verdict. I remember family constantly talking about it but I did not know who OJ Simpson was outside of some movies.

My teacher let out a disappointing gasp when the Not Guilty verdict came in along with a teacher who was next door.

None of the students knew what was going on and it just took away a day of learning our ABCs and basic math.

Tom Penny

I don't remember. I do remember 911 specifically because we worked with people at World Trade .

Top Bottom