• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.
I rode Amtrak from Raleigh to DC. If I had to sit in coach the whole time it would have sucked, but I went up to the dining car and they had booths you could sit at while you ate. Barely anyone was in there. So I just camped in one of those, it was quiet, more space and I could watch the scenery roll by. It was nice.

Trains are vastly superior to airplanes though. On the NEC the seats are huge and have power outlets. It's like a downright pleasure to right trains compared to flying. I go to DC or NYC fairly often and love it. Then you have the joys of the dining cars, or the quiet car, etc.

Afternoon everyone

My ass was in 1st Grade. I remember getting picked up from school and football practice being cancelled that day.

Holy fuck I am old.

Bowser

I can't wait for the episode on the kid who dreams of running an IT company.

Cam will look into his eyes with tears and tell the kid "Me too kid, me too"

I heard he's got a kid on his show that wants to one day learn how to catch crabs so he can feed himself.

Greg

How long is the trip? Does it have anything interesting going on? I have a friend that has been looking to take a trip on a train with a bunch of writers, they get together and all head out to SF and take the train together, they write and critique their work while on the trip, that sounds fun, I think she saw it here on Gaf. Then there are also some that do tours, you'll get off a certain stops for a few hours to look around etc.
not sure yet - I could go Cleveland -> Chicago -> Denver

could also just get half way via train and road trip the rest with a friend

Y'all talking about Cleveland Ohio? The birth place of superman? The home of the Rock and roll hall of fame? Inspiration to the Russo Brothers? Home of lebron James? Cleveland Ohio?🤔

Also i believe tomorrow is the first day you can sign FAs and it dosent count against comp picks. So maybe we'll see some action

Omg I didn't even see the other girl. Dammit I think I'm racist now.

Doesn't change the fact he's a true franchise leader and not some pouty bitch who's about to be replaced by a ginger frat bro!
Oh really?

grab-2016-02-07-22h08m54s17-e1454904789542.png

There is no argument at all. Bowser said his qb isn't a pouty bitch, which is a ridiculous statement. Cam gives cutler a run for being the most pouty bitch in the nfl.

Bowser

There is no argument at all. Bowser said his qb isn't a pouty bitch, which is a ridiculous statement. Cam gives cutler a run for being the most pouty bitch in the nfl.

Lol last post from me on this tired topic. Yes he didn't handle losing well his first 2 years in the league. Then he changed for the better and had a lapse after the biggest loss of his career which he eventually admitted he handled poorly.

I don't even know why I'm arguing about Bradford...pouty or not, dude's about as inconsequential a QB can be in the league. Definition of replacement level where you're stuck in neutral forever. Eagles finally figured it out and decided to mortgage the future for Wentz.

Lol last post from me on this tired topic. Yes he didn't handle losing well his first 2 years in the league. Then he changed for the better and had a lapse after the biggest loss of his career which he eventually admitted he handled poorly.

I don't even know why I'm arguing about Bradford...pouty or not, dude's about as inconsequential a QB can be in the league. Definition of replacement level where you're stuck in neutral forever. Eagles finally figured it out and decided to mortgage the future for Wentz.
Did he really change for the better, or did the panthers just start winning more so he had less chances to go full Cutler? I bet Bradford would have jumped on that ball in the SB.
And died trying.

Godslay

Banned
The only QB that would have beat Denver in SB50 would be Luck.

He would have died of internal bleeding after the game, but he would have won it. Assuming he was in NFC obviously.

MechDX

Was just about to post this.

So assuming Vegas can come up with the cash for the stadium, looks like I will be a Las Vegas Raiders fan. Meh.

Basically yeah. The only ones who will fight it are the old guard like the Maras and Rooneys. Jones and McNair will make sure it has enough to pass.

The enemy of my enemy is Jerry Jones

squicken

Tom Condon confirmed to CSN that he thought Denver had a deal for Bradford, but that Philly ultimately asked for too much. Andrew Brandt said it was at least a 2nd that Philly wanted, but possible 2 twos or a one

Either way, the notion that "no one" wanted Bradford is quashed. Philly and Denver both wanted him to start for them at QB this year. I think Howie would never trade Bradford. He has gotten rid of everyone that Chip brought in, expect Bradford. And he has barred him from leaving or having any future success in Philly. So Chip is set up as the fall guy for wasting money and picks, and Howie is just cleaning up his mess. Howie's greatest skill is keeping Howie employed.

cdyhybrid

Tom Condon confirmed to CSN that he thought Denver had a deal for Bradford, but that Philly ultimately asked for too much. Andrew Brandt said it was at least a 2nd that Philly wanted, but possible 2 twos or a one

Either way, the notion that "no one" wanted Bradford is quashed. Philly and Denver both wanted him to start for them at QB this year. I think Howie would never trade Bradford. He has gotten rid of everyone that Chip brought in, expect Bradford. And he has barred him from leaving or having any future success in Philly. So Chip is set up as the fall guy for wasting money and picks, and Howie is just cleaning up his mess. Howie's greatest skill is keeping Howie employed.
😂

BigAT

Yes, Philadelphia and Denver wanted him to start so badly that both teams traded away picks so that they could be guaranteed to have a quarterback that wasn't Sam Bradford.

squicken

Yes, Philadelphia and Denver wanted him to start so badly that both teams traded away picks so that they could be guaranteed to have a quarterback that wasn't Sam Bradford.

You are responding to an argument I did not make. I said start this year. Denver drafted Lynch after the Bradford trade fell though, as well

MMQB has a look at what makes up the QBs in this past draft. Goes in to family, school, personality. It's really interesting

http://mmqb.si.com/0mmqb/2016/05/11...w-modern-qbs-are-made-jared-goff-carson-wentz

• 13 of the 15 quarterbacks grew up in homes that were valued near or above the median home value in their respective state, according to public records and online real estate figures. Seven families lived in homes that were more than double the median values: Goff, Hackenberg, Carson Wentz, Connor Cook, Jeff Driskel, Kevin Hogan and Jake Rudock.

• 13 of the 15 quarterbacks in the 2016 draft spent their early childhoods in two-parent homes. (Of note, a majority of the 30 parents hold four-year college degrees.)

• On average, the 15 quarterbacks taken in the 2016 draft began playing the position at age 9, with only two having taken up the position in high school.

Chris’s involvement in his son’s affairs and his outsized, sometimes abrasive personality were noted by several NFL evaluators as potential red flags for Connor Cook, who fell to the Raiders in the fourth round. After the Michigan State QB was drafted, screenshots of aggressive and homophobic tweets apparently published years ago by Connor’s father surfaced in media reports and provided a public glimpse of what teams had known for months. According to a source close to the Spartans’ program, Chris called coach Mark Dantonio at the beginning of last season and expressed concern that the team’s decision to not make Connor a captain would damage his draft stock.

Top Bottom