• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Godslay

Banned
Tom Condon confirmed to CSN that he thought Denver had a deal for Bradford, but that Philly ultimately asked for too much. Andrew Brandt said it was at least a 2nd that Philly wanted, but possible 2 twos or a one

Either way, the notion that "no one" wanted Bradford is quashed. Philly and Denver both wanted him to start for them at QB this year. I think Howie would never trade Bradford. He has gotten rid of everyone that Chip brought in, expect Bradford. And he has barred him from leaving or having any future success in Philly. So Chip is set up as the fall guy for wasting money and picks, and Howie is just cleaning up his mess. Howie's greatest skill is keeping Howie employed.

Well I mean, let's be fair here given the situation.

We had Siemian and Sanchez.

One is a project, and the other has an Alex Smith ceiling at his best. We needed to add warm bodies to get a QB competition going.

There is nothing spectacular about Bradford, to make the Broncos that thirsty for him. The only reason Denver was after him was that Philly would have had to gobble up that signing bonus, leaving Denver to pay his $7M salary. Which for the right price isn't a bad deal for a mid-tier at best QB. A better bridge than Sanchez, but let's be real here in that anybody starting this year outside of Lynch/Siemian would have been replaced by the QBOTF.

squicken

Tom Condon was never given permission to shop Bradford. Sounds like someone was tampering.

I don't think it is tampering if it is just the agent doing the talking

CiNRdT8VAAAYbrI.jpg:large

JABEE

Godslay is a good dude. I'm really proud of how welcoming the NFL-GAF community is to outsiders and stuff.

Even if you are objectively wrong as a Patriots fan, you will still have my respect. Every single person in here.

Godslay

Banned
Godslay is a good dude. I'm really proud of how welcoming the NFL-GAF community is to outsiders and stuff.

Even if you are objectively wrong as a Patriots fan, you will still have my respect. Every single person in here.

Thanks Jabee.

Good thing about a computer is that a whole world of information is at your finger tips!

Top Bottom