• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Need Degas opinion on this.

Sorry Hindl YH wanted to being down the thunder. It is what it is

Dude is screwed. It won't stop at gronk either. The entire team will go down this season and they'll have to forfeit every game.

Bread

Banned
i have to assume that everyone that talks about a madden curse is under 16 because that's really the only explanation for it

Idk, before we make assumptions like this....... I feel we should ask for Ja Rules opinions on the curse.

Screw Ja Rule!
tumblr_o3gzoqb14d1qiohboo1_500.gif

Kerm 1

Looks like I can't in good conscience purchase Madden. :(

Agreed. They probably have added explicit cheating to the connected Franchise mode. Play as the Cheats and you get to see your online opponents play selection, deflate your footballs and, disrupt your opponents radio communication. If it's in the game!

Euron

Keep in mind the Madden curse doesn't only have to do with the person on the cover getting injured, it could go as far as the whole team.

After getting on the cover for Madden 15, Richard Sherman saw a season similar to the last and made it to the Super Bowl again, only to have his team suffer a tragic loss in the final moments of the game that many deem unthinkable.

After getting on the cover for Madden 11, Drew Brees and the Saints saw another great year going 11-5 yet only got the spot of wildcard and had to face the 7-9 Seahawks in Seattle, leading to a loss in the first game of the playoffs.

And then Odell got suspended a game last season for fuckery

So all this Gronk cover guarantees is that the Pats will NOT win Super Bowl LI

Godslay

Banned
Keep in mind the Madden curse doesn't only have to do with the person on the cover getting injured, it could go as far as the whole team.

After getting on the cover for Madden 15, Richard Sherman saw a season similar to the last and made it to the Super Bowl again, only to have his team suffer a tragic loss in the final moments of the game that many deem unthinkable.

After getting on the cover for Madden 11, Drew Brees and the Saints saw another great year going 11-5 yet only got the spot of wildcard and had to face the 7-9 Seahawks in Seattle, leading to a loss in the first game of the playoffs.

Not to mention that in that SB, everyone on the Seahawks suffered season ending or near season ending injuries.

They were dropping like flies that day.

Now.. I always hated that definition.. Because the origins of the curse have always been player being hurt or player having a subpar season and having his career hit the downward slope to eventually ending.

That's kind of cheating because if it includes every bad thing that ever happened ever in the season.

Godslay

Banned
Now.. I always hated that definition.. Because the origins of the curse have always been player being hurt or player having a subpar season and having his career hit the downward slope to eventually ending.

That's kind of cheating because if it includes every bad thing that ever happened ever in the season.

Could be worse.

Peyton Hillis being on the Madden cover proved to both a proactive and retroactive curse.

Cam Newton was the real star of Madden 15 and the curse actually got him instead of Sherman

Broke his ribs twice
Nearly died because of some Nazi grandma who couldn't drive
Played with the worst offensive line of his career and took an absurd number of hits
Team went 7-8-1

Euron

Well yeah in a way it's cheating since the player has nothing to do with it but I'm only counting things that are absolutely insane like throwing it on the 1 yard line to a game losing interception and a 7-9 team getting home field advantage.

I dont get the big deal over the dab

Well it's dead now so...

We live in the post dab era of the National Football League

What dance will Cam's influence bring to the league next year, I wonder?

(The first person to say the "bounce from the ball" shuffle gets smashed over the head with a liquor bottle, I'm not playing with you people)

Top Bottom