• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.

cdyhybrid

JhicA55.png

I've never been opposed to unconventional picks like a kicker in a high round. If you are super super sure your guy is going to be an elite talent for a long time, why wouldn't you do it? It's potentially a penciled in non issue for the next decade.

In the case of a kicker, a guy who was the most accurate kicker in college football history, that makes some sense to me. Especially now that extra points are not a sure thing, a guy who is basically guaranteed to hit anything short of 40 yards sounds great. The long range stuff is never a sure thing.

Hell, think how I feel. My kicker lost a playoff game from 27 out.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I've never been opposed to unconventional picks like a kicker in a high round. If you are super super sure your guy is going to be an elite talent for a long time, why wouldn't you do it? It's potentially a penciled in non issue for the next decade.

In the case of a kicker, a guy who was the most accurate kicker in college football history, that makes some sense to me. Especially now that extra points are not a sure thing, a guy who is basically guaranteed to hit anything short of 40 yards sounds great. The long range stuff is never a sure thing.

It's not that he isn't talented. It's that he most definitely would've been around in the 4th round. He also definitely would've been in the second round where the Bucs were naturally. So, not only is it an absurd stretch to take a late round - to even undrafted where most kickers end up - pick in the second, it's that the Bucs needlessly gave up more value in trading up to grab him when there is roughly a 0 percent chance anybody else was looking at him for the second.

cdyhybrid

Steve Pool ‏@realstevepool 3m3 minutes ago
Ck this out. The average #Seattle May high through the 12th is 74° -- which is equal to what we should be on July 4th

Live east of the the Pacific time zone brehs

I got to meet the singer of Screaming Females. The concert mostly ruled ("mostly" because a drunk almost broke my wrist) and everyone should see them live

cdyhybrid

There was a segment on The Nightly Show where Satan, Idi Amin, and Hitler made a guest appearance from Hell and talked about how they were working to overturn Tom Brady's suspension.

Pepiope

The guy has never kicked below 50 degrees.

Top Bottom