• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hindl

Twitter › TyDunne

"This AM on WGR, GM Doug Whaley called this "a violent game that I personally don't think humans are supposed to play" when asked about 14."

Bills GM for those who don't know

Slightly out of context though. He's not condemning football, he's just saying it as a reason for players getting injured. They're playing a sport that is high-contact and our bodies aren't really meant to withstand it, so naturally players are going to be injured

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Whaley is right, of course. Man wasn't meant to fly either, but we conquered that shit. That's part of what makes sports a universal language. Mankind coming together to tell nature to eat a dick, we'll do stupid shit for money and blowjobs in our 20s-30s, fuck growing old.

MechDX

Titans OL Byron Bell Likely Out For Season After Dislocating His Ankle Tuesday https://t.co/5JVfqGBcF7 #Titans #NFL

Bengals' Tyler Eifert will have ankle surgery this week, as @JimOwczarski reported. Start of 2016 season for Eifert in jeopardy, per source.

rando14

Life is good.

The weird thing with money is that the more you have the less it seems to matter for you. When I had no money I used to obsess about things I wanted to buy. Now that I have it I never spend it! I put it in the bank, invest and save for retirement.

Welcome to the club though.

I can't wait until I'm in that club!!

I feel at some ppl are gonna start hating on Russell like Brady .......

Lol they already do

Exhibit A:

jnc at the idea that people are going to start to hate on lil wuss. Guy is a lying piece of shit who gave the Pats their only SB ever.

How dare you!

I've always been down for Toronto teams, everyone knows that.

Toronto doesn't have an NFL team so I am free to pick whoever I want.

Fuck the Bills!
If the Bills were to move to Toronto. Would you dump the Browns and be a bill fan?

Life is good.

The weird thing with money is that the more you have the less it seems to matter for you. When I had no money I used to obsess about things I wanted to buy. Now that I have it I never spend it! I put it in the bank, invest and save for retirement.

Welcome to the club though.
Is Ez there being racist?

Kave can join me on the Braxton Miller hype train. Now that he is out of the Shit stain that is Ohio he can truly excel.

No offense Greg.
Hey.. Columbus is the one bright spot of Ohio. That's habitable and not full of sadness.

They also gave Tom Herman and Mike Vrabel.. Show some respect to Columbus.

Yankee has a lot of hate in his heart, I think the fall of Sam Bradford is really weighing on his soul. We need to pray for him.

Oh my hate levels are at an all time high right now. I signed up to teach summer school, and I am looking for either a new better paying job, or a second job for next year because we are in such terrible shap financially. Me missing out on 3 months of pay last year, plus my wife missing out on 3 months this year combined with my mother in law getting sick and having to put the kids in day care for almost $400 a week has messed up everything. Oh and my wifes student loans are for half of what mine are but her monthly payment is $100 more a month then mine. It makes no fucking sense at all.

Curse of Mettenberger!

#Repent
Mettenberger is going to enjoy the Sun and Fun in San Diego. Good for him. Eat a Rice burrito for me Mettenberger while you're out here in Cali

E:: DM,, Kave & BG gonna hug it out after it's over and then
One of them is getting kicked through a Glass window.. Hehehe

MechDX

Mettenberger is going to enjoy the Sun and Fun in San Diego. Good for him. Eat a Rice burrito for me Mettenberger while you're out here in Cali

I miss Zach already. :(

Kave or BG are going to end up at RBH's hospital for an IV full of Anti-Disrespectnium.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
NFL Breaks Up Pete Morelli's Entire Officiating Crew After Bizarrely Terrible Season

There really is no way to describe Pete Morelli’s 2015 season other than as a nightmare. Blown calls—lots of them, and in very visible situations—led to the Morelli crew unsurprisingly being left out of the postseason, and now the league has come down with its strongest censure short of termination: it’s reassigned every member of the crew.

Morelli’s 2015 crew’s season was pretty inexplicable. They granted the Lions a timeout they didn’t have. They stole a down from the Cardinals, and later lost track of downs altogether. They missed a false start that would have sealed a Ravens win in a game they went on to lose. They stole 18 seconds from the Steelers’ two-minute drill.

Morelli is one of the most respected refs in the NFL, measured both by grades and by the opinions of his peers, so I doubt he completely lost his mojo in a single year. That means the pressure’s really on his former crew members now.

http://www.footballzebras.com/2016/05/23/officiating-crews-for-the-2016-season/

cdyhybrid

Oh my hate levels are at an all time high right now. I signed up to teach summer school, and I am looking for either a new better paying job, or a second job for next year because we are in such terrible shap financially. Me missing out on 3 months of pay last year, plus my wife missing out on 3 months this year combined with my mother in law getting sick and having to put the kids in day care for almost $400 a week has messed up everything. Oh and my wifes student loans are for half of what mine are but her monthly payment is $100 more a month then mine. It makes no fucking sense at all.
That sucks, man. Hope things start looking up for you. I'm having to live pretty lean too.

YH, time to rise up to be a Board of Education. That's where all the money is at.

:(

Titans OL Byron Bell Likely Out For Season After Dislocating His Ankle Tuesday https://t.co/5JVfqGBcF7 #Titans #NFL

Bengals' Tyler Eifert will have ankle surgery this week, as @JimOwczarski reported. Start of 2016 season for Eifert in jeopardy, per source.

BTW Eifert had the injury in the January game. By not having the surgery until this week, he's out for basically all preseason and questionable for week 1

Sorry Yankee.. That sucks. Look at the plus side though.. You have a degree to teach in mathematics.. That basically is a ticket to so many teaching jobs (shit.. There's so many math jobs available in my district.. It's fucking ridiculous. Last I looked..There were 20 jobs available. Most were full time.)

The day care one.. How old are the kids? Does your school district do a "Role Model" program or something like that? That won't help in the summer, but it would help a little during the school year maybe?

I'm sure it will be okay.

Sorry Yankee.. That sucks. Look at the plus side though.. You have a degree to teach in mathematics.. That basically is a ticket to so many teaching jobs (shit.. There's so many math jobs available in my district.. It's fucking ridiculous. Last I looked..There were 20 jobs available. Most were full time.)

The day care one.. How old are the kids? Does your school district do a "Role Model" program or something like that? That won't help in the summer, but it would help a little during the school year maybe?

I'm sure it will be okay.

They are 2 years old and 10 months old. What is a role model program? I just figure we need to scrimp and save for a few years and then once they are both in school we will be good.

They are 2 years old and 10 months old. What is a role model program? I just figure we need to scrimp and save for a few years and then once they are both in school we will be good.
I see. The Role Model program is an elementary school program in my school district and i believe it's statewide in VA.

What it basically is you have children from ages 3-5 in a classroom (your kids are a little too young with children of special needs. (On the autism spectrum, physical disabilities, etc). They help around the classroom and interact. There is no cost to the parents and spots are limited (my mother is only allowed to take 4). The children are allowed to be in the program for 2 years.

It's like a blended classroom if that makes it easier to understand.

rando14

Signed my contract for my promotion yesterday.

I'm an old rich now like Bionic!

Now I just need a wife who loves expensive purses and ugly ass carpets

nofu6BR.gif

I see. The Role Model program is an elementary school program in my school district and i believe it's statewide in VA.

What it basically is you have children from ages 3-5 in a classroom (your kids are a little too young with children of special needs. (On the autism spectrum, physical disabilities, etc). They help around the classroom and interact. There is no cost to the parents and spots are limited (my mother is only allowed to take 4). The children are allowed to be in the program for 2 years.

It's like a blended classroom if that makes it easier to understand.

Oh that sounds great, I dont think they have anything like that in Vegas but I will ask my wife, she teaches elementary school here.

Jim Schwartz disagrees with Doug Pedersons handling of the Eagles QBs:

As Philadelphia’s defensive coordinator, Jim Schwartz doesn’t really have any say in who wins the Eagles’ quarterback competition. But as a former head coach who was once tasked with determining when a rookie first-round draft pick,Matthew Stafford, was ready to be his starting quarterback, Schwartz has some insight.

And Schwartz’s insight is this: first-round draft pick Carson Wentz should get the chance to earn the starting job.

“Don’t judge him on something else,” Schwartz said, via NJ.com. “And also don’t pre-determine the result of the race. Let him go play. Don’t put extra pressure on him. I can’t speak for Carson. We have enough worries on defense right now. I think when we drafted Stafford, we just let him play. Was he our best quarterback? Was he ready? Unfortunately, he got hurt both his first and second year by holding the ball too long. I think he had the command and he would have been ready to play had it not been for those injuries.”

Schwartz’s boss, Eagles head coach Doug Pederson, has decided not to follow that path. Instead, Pederson has already declared that Sam Bradford will be the starter.

At least, that’s what Pederson is saying now. If Wentz looks good in Organized Team Activities, training camp and the preseason, Pederson may change his mind. Schwartz thinks Pederson should be open to that.

I really like the shot he takes at Stafford in this.

Top Bottom