• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.

squicken

What they're saying is common sense. No job is 100% secure, not even Bradford's. I doubt Pederson would disagree.

The coordinators are right. The problem is Dougie has already said Sam is the starter. No doubt Lurie and Howie have told him not to rush Wentz, and keep expectations in check. But his coordinators are running their mouths

Defensive coordinators should never comment on the offense. Why is Schwartz talking about the QBs? It makes the head coach look week. That's what both Riddick and Banner were noting

Pepiope

What they are saying is that Doug was wrong to name Sam the starter and that there should be an open competition for the job.
There is competition, but right now it's
1. Bradford
2. Daniel
3. Wentz

Even Reich says that there can be order and competition at the same time. That's exactly what this is. The team isn't going to stick with Bradford if Daniel or Wentz outplay him this off-season.

The coordinators are right. The problem is Dougie has already said Sam is the starter. No doubt Lurie and Howie have told him not to rush Wentz, and keep expectations in check. But his coordinators are running their mouths

Defensive coordinators should never comment on the offense. Why is Schwartz talking about the QBs? It makes the head coach look week. That's what both Riddick and Banner were noting
I think you're giving way too much weight to what the coaches say to the media. On top of that you're buying into this media spin trying to make up controversy where there is none.

Just because he has said Bradford is the guy doesn't mean anything. As of right now, Bradford is the #1. That can change.

Hindl

Well he was asked about it. Here's the full comment:

Schwartz entered some tricky terrain on Tuesday, though. Asked about his experiences as a first-time head coach in Detroit with a rookie quarterback who was a first-round pick - just like Pederson and Carson Wentz - Schwartz reverted to head coach mode. Old habits die hard.

"Don't judge him on somebody else, and then also don't predetermine the results of the race," Schwartz said of Wentz. "Just let him go play. Don't put pressure on him."

Specifically responding to being asked about the Stafford-Schwartz situation, which obviously does have parallels to Wentz-Doug. However, the very next thing he says is:

"I can't speak for Carson and what's going on. I have my own worries," Schwartz said. "You guys saw how crappy a practice that was. We've got enough worries on defense right now."

Just seems like the Philly media doing what they do best

If the Eagles start losing games and play poorly on offense that organization is going to explode.

Not really. This is a 7 win team at best this year, and no one is expecting the offense to do anything worthwhile

Pepiope

If the Eagles start losing games and play poorly on offense that organization is going to explode.
Not really. If the offense is playing poorly resulting in losses, the fans will just want to see Wentz rather than Bradford towards the end of the season. Which I assume is the plan regardless.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I need wings asap

Extra blue cheese on the side please

dipinyoursaucey3r66.gif

I'm about to try that Wendy's bacon mozzarella burger (because the angriest whopper is gone...)

If it sucks I'm blaming you!

I just report the news!

squicken

spoiler: the offense is going to be bad.

Who on that offense scares you? Who can score a 60 yard TD? Who can absolutely always get open on 3rd down and catch the ball?

spoiler: the offense is going to be bad.

Who on that offense scares you? Who can score a 60 yard TD? Who can absolutely always get open on 3rd down and catch the ball?

Yeah I have a feeling that the offense is going to be really bad. Chip's scheme was great at getting guys open but last year they couldnt catch. Now this year it is the same guys who couldnt catch but they are going to be in a faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar worse scheme.

Pepiope

Yeah I have a feeling that the offense is going to be really bad. Chip's scheme was great at getting guys open but last year they couldnt catch. Now this year it is the same guys who couldnt catch but they are going to be in a faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar worse scheme.
I'm not so sure. I kept hoping we'd see something new from Chip last season but it never came. It was the same 5 or 6 plays over and over again. When a team figured us out, it was horrible.

Euron

There is competition, but right now it's
1. Bradford
2. Daniel
3. Wentz
I think the biggest question is who will start first between Daniel and Wentz? Has Bradford ever played a full season? Not only are injuries inevitable with him, fans will probably be chanting for Wentz by the halfway point of the season.

I'm not so sure. I kept hoping we'd see something new from Chip last season but it never came. It was the same 5 or 6 plays over and over again. When a team figured us out, it was horrible.

I dont think any team figured them out. Take the Panthers game for instance, Eagles scored some points and moved the ball okay and if not for the 9 fucking drops they would have looked great on offense. You cant lead the league in drops and have a successful offense, and that is not even counting the problems that the OL caused for the rushing game. Chip's first 2 year the OL was good and they were a top 5 offense. If the OL had been good last year they would have been top 5 again. The OL will be better this year for sure, but I dont trust Dougie to design an effective offense at all.

Bread

Banned
You guys are so lucky with all the burger joints. We have McDonalds and Burger King. Another reason why I should move as soon as possible (Although I Will probably become join BigAT his scooter gang within a year thanks to all the burgers).
can't wait for you and bae to move in with me! We'll get so fat off burritos and burgers.

I said IF I do it's USUALLY a salad, meaning sometimes it's POSSIBLE that I eat fast food else where and like you saw, it's In N Out
or taco bell :(
Chris we are supposed to be bffs why do you lie all the time :(

Pats fans and Eagles fans both like blue cheese. That's telling.

Blue cheese is the worst.
I mean, we're cool and all wienke but that does not compute.

There are few things better than a proper wedge salad drenched in a quality blue cheese dressing with bits of blue cheese sprinkled on and around it.

Magneto-perfection.gif

Bread

Banned
I mean, we're cool and all wienke but that does not compute.

There are few things better than a proper wedge salad drenched in a quality blue cheese dressing with bits of blue cheese sprinkled on and around it.

Magneto-perfection.gif
Cant overdo the blue cheese though. BC crumble and a balsamic glaze is what's up.

Bread

Banned
Is this a sconi thing where only appreciate American cheese? I thought they were supposed to be known for their taste in cheese.

Top Bottom