• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
You can't control attraction but people's real standards are a lot lower than their internet and hypothetical standards in my experience.

Nah I have a thing for blondes so I went out and got a blonde girlfriend. She's not nearly as white as I have mentioned liking but I don't want to die alone...plus personality and awesomeness does make up for any physical preference. I won't call anything physical about her a shortcoming because she's hot to me!

So yeah internet standards of some random checklist are ridiculous to an extent.

Wienke is good people. I just worry that when the going gets tough he will revert to the Pats.

The Seahawks did this to him.

Hey people like squicken agree with me that that was a tough game and effectively a meteor bowl. Well the meteors didn't come so I had to choose something.

America you need ride your bike to work and eat tilapia and salad for dinner. Because you are too fat.

Just saying.

Oreochromis-niloticus-Nairobi.JPG

yum

tumblr_lm1k69nkzg1qkae66o1_500.jpg

Hindl

#WeBack

Crazy that Nintendo is going to be left in the dust again, tech wise.

Eh they left the tech race long ago. And if the NX turns out to be what the rumors are making it out to be, then they'll be really successful even without the specs. But that's a big if, I just can't see Nintendo pulling it off

cdyhybrid

I was going to pick up the PS4 Neo but now I'm not sure, in all the confusion I hope I don't buy a Nintendo console by mistake

#WeBack

We'll see if that means it's going to be expensive as fuck though.

Eh they left the tech race long ago. And if the NX turns out to be what the rumors are making it out to be, then they'll be really successful even without the specs. But that's a big if, I just can't see Nintendo pulling it off

What rumors are these?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Tech differences between PlayStation and Xbox will be a lot more moot than in past years now that they're headed towards iterative designs. We're simply not talking about a 7 year advantage anymore and more a 1-2 year advantage. There'll be less "coding to the metal" because specs will be all over the place. It's basically an environment where the PC legitimately becomes a third console.

I wonder how many R&D millions Nintendo has burned on a (likely) custom chip design that's going to be obsolete by the time it's released. That shit is expensive.

I keep hearing that they have lots in the bank, but I'm worried about them. They're giving off some serious late '90s sega vibes

bionic77

Tech differences between PlayStation and Xbox will be a lot more moot than in past years now that they're headed towards iterative designs. We're simply not talking about a 7 year advantage anymore and more a 1-2 year advantage. There'll be less "coding to the metal" because specs will be all over the place. It's basically an environment where the PC legitimately becomes a third console.
I really don't understand what is going on with these iterative consoles.

I guess they are trying to squeeze as much money from the hardcore as they can. Casuals bailed on gaming with the death of Nintendo it seems.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
What on earth is going on with the Xbox news?

Future of the gaming industry. Gone are the days of 5-8 year console lifespans. Sony is moving this way and Nintendo ironically enough has been doing this for years with their handhelds.

The Roku will probably digital only, cheap and accessible for the casual market who don't play games much but use Netflix, Hulu, HBO Go etc.

Then you have the Slim which was going to always happen. I just hope they launch it during Summer as opposed to Fall.

And then there's the High end model which will rival that of PS4K, and if some of the news on gaming side is true, could be more powerful than the PS4K.

On top of all that there is the wildcard which is the Oculus Rift and I'm interested to see how MS bundles that and with which model.

I think we'll see, or at least an acknowledgment, of Half Life 3 at E3. I personally believe Gabe Newell and Valve have been waiting on VR to properly be implemented for their vision of Half Life 3, hence why it's taken so long.

Some Sony insiders on Gaming Side have implied this E3 will be bigger than last years E3 of The Last Guardian, Shenmue 3 and FF7R. Crash Bandicoot or The Last of Us 2 aren't the type of games that will garner the hype that those three announcements did last year.

Gabe Newell comes on stage to announce Half Life 3 is in development for both PSVR and Steam enabled VR headsets.

Gabe+Newell+Sony+Press+Conference.jpg

I guess they are trying to squeeze as much money from the hardcore as they can. Casuals bailed on gaming with the death of Nintendo it seems.
I feel like I might've said this at some point, but this gen, consoles are basically PCs. That includes the weird quick PC upgrade cycles.

To throw another curveball, it can't last, because Moore's law is playing its last set right now. The 1070/1080 will likely be the last big leap we see for *decades*.

We'll see if that means it's going to be expensive as fuck though.

I'm an adult with no life so that shouldn't be a problem. The new Nvidia cards look beastly too but I don't really play on PC all that much, plus my 970 will run Civ 6 just fine.

If MS go all in on unifying the Xbox and PC market then I might shift over to PC as long as I can cross play with everyone on Xbone.

Boban and Bread, y'all better stop fuckin with me. Join me, I ain't Playin no mo.

You can't afford me and remember, you left us first.

cdyhybrid

I feel like I might've said this at some point, but this gen, consoles are basically PCs. That includes the weird quick PC upgrade cycles.

To throw another curveball, it can't last, because Moore's law is playing its last set right now. The 1070/1080 will likely be the last big leap we see for *decades*.

So if I get a 1080 I'm set through Elder Scrolls X?

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
#WeBack

Nintendo is its own beast. I was struck by the hyperbolic doom and gloom by many gamers that Nintendo is screwed because they're not showing the NX at E3.

Nintendo will have its own event, Apple style, and show off the NX with what should be a plethora of launch game and launch window releases. The NX should have Zelda, Mario, SSB NX, Monster Hunter, whatever Retro is working on etc. around launch.

They'll be fine after finally consolidating their console and handheld with the NX and putting all their development resources into a unified platform instead wasting time/resources making a SSB Wii U and SSB 3DS version.

Edit: Though if they go no buttons and touchscreen only, I'm out.

Trent Richardson, Nintendo issues.. All you need is a Taylor Swift controversy and this might be the worst year ever for you

Fair statement?

Nah, there's been a lot of good/great too. A year I'd repeat easily, I'd just ignore a bunch of weeks. And also continue to ignore every Taylor Apple Music ad because fuck off with anything that isn't Bandcamp nowadays

Mindlog

The launch era was never really where they made their bank. If there are real profits to be made I see someone (like Google) doing an Open OS supported by any manufacturer that wants to dip their pen. Google even has the incentive to do so now with their own VR headset soon to be released. One of 3DO's major failings was the price companies had to charge to make suitable hardware. Apparently it's much easier to do now.
Greg Auman ‏@gregauman 4h4 hours ago

Ex-Bucs CB C.J. Wilson, who lost two fingers in July 4 fireworks accident, hopes to play in CFL, per Gaston Gazette.
What a weird week that was.

Maybe I'll just spring for the 1080 instead of the 70 then... Any reading I can do on this about projections for what happens after the 1080?
FWIW, I expect they'll have something like a 1080 Ti that's cheaper and just as fast in a few years, as they refine their new manufacturing process+architecture. So, I'll personally probably wait for that unless some VR killer app appears. (also, while the 1080 might be within the ballpark of what we're using a decade from now, there's no guarantee a GPU actually will continue to work for a decade...)

I can probably dig up a decent layman's explanation for what's going on with chip manufacturing and Moore's law, but I don't have one saved. I'll find one and post it here!

cdyhybrid

FWIW, I expect they'll have something like a 1080 Ti that's cheaper and just as fast in a few years, as they refine their new manufacturing process+architecture. So, I'll personally probably wait for that unless some VR killer app appears. (also, while the 1080 might be within the ballpark of what we're using a decade from now, there's no guarantee a GPU actually will continue to work for a decade...)

I can probably dig up a decent layman's explanation for what's going on with chip manufacturing and Moore's law, but I don't have one saved. I'll find one and post it here!

Oh, you don't have to go through all that effort. Was just curious if you had one offhand. I probably won't upgrade until the next Elder Scrolls is out anyway, so hopefully that Ti version is out by then.

America you need ride your bike to work and eat tilapia and salad for dinner. Because you are too fat.

Just saying.

yum

I rode my bike to work, ate salmon and quinoa salad for lunch. Does that count?

And oh look, another blowout NBA playoff game. Most overhyped playoffs ever?

Top Bottom