• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.
lions-matthew-stafford-2d356a1aa4d34d12_large.jpg

Serious question, isn't this a make or break season for Matt Stafford. And I don't mean this like it is a season of Biggest Loser and him trying to meet a certain weight.

June 6th is my last day my friend. But it is just check out day, so the 5th is really the end. Man I cant wait for summer. Teaching summer school is going to suck, I did it when I taught in SF and it was so brutal, but money is nice. Where/what do you teach?

I'm a Special Ed One on One Aide. I'm hoping I get to work summer school but it all depends if my student/students attend. Other wise I wait and see if there's any available spots if the other Workers don't plan to work

I'm a Special Ed One on One Aide. I'm hoping I get to work summer school but it all depends if my student/students attend. Other wise I wait and see if there's any available spots if the other Workers don't plan to work

I had never heard of that before but good luck to you. My wife found out today that her principal wants her to go to some training this summer so that she can have special ed students in her classes next year.

Have the movies misled me?

My god that is such a great movie. The horror movie guys are fantastic. I think I need to watch it again now. I wish summer school was like that. My experiences so far have been very different. I did 6th grade summer school in Philly, it wasnt real summer school like for failing students it was some program for high need students. In SF it was high school math, but they had us doing super basic stuff like cutting out fractions strips and such. It was basically baby sitting 11th and 12th graders.

Stick with Xbox dammit. We need more people online to make fun of kas. Plus when Bradford wins a SB I need to harass you on Live.

Don't worry, Xbone will continue to be my main console for online multiplayer no matter what else I buy.

I will ignore the last sentence, the stress of a full academic year had driven you mad.

I had never heard of that before but good luck to you. My wife found out today that her principal wants her to go to some training this summer so that she can have special ed students in her classes next year.

We're actually called Case Workers. We help aide the instructors/teachers in the classroom

Tom Penny

So it looks like Manning won't sue Al Jazeera to avoid getting exposed as an HGH user. I'm surprised because he appeared so angry in his TV interview...

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Serious question, isn't this a make or break season for Matt Stafford.

No, Stafford has a long career ahead of him in the NFL. I know fans here and elsewhere troll him but I bet you if you asked GMs around the league which QB they would build their team around sans maybe Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson, Cam Newton and maybe one other QB, Stafford would be taken ahead of any other QB given his age, ability, leadership and arm.

He's already proven himself as a leader who can lead the lowly Lions to a playoff berth at 23 years old while also throwing for 5,000 yards, 41 TDs etc.

He is IMO the most gifted passer in the league in terms of arm strength, accuracy and leadership. I've said it before but I can't think of one game in his career where I've gone "Stafford lost that game for us." He is good for at least 4,000 yards at a 2:1 TD, INT ratio.

Even last year, while changing coordinators and a disastrous start to the season for the whole team, Stafford bounced back and finished the season under Jim Bob Cooter with 19 TDs and only 2 INTs.

The only thing I could see is if he had a season of throwing for over 25 INTs (which isn't happening) in which case a lot of Lions fans would probably want to move on.

And even then QBs are such a rare commodity that I don't think Bob Quinn would get rid of him. Our GM Quinn, has stated that Stafford is the Lions QB and talks of an extension are already underway.

He is the franchise QB the Lions have been waiting 50+ years for but it's taken time because he was drafted at 21 years old in 2009 and took over the worst team in NFL history.

Whether it's in Detroit or elsewhere Stafford will be playing in the NFL for a long time.

Drew Brees, Matthew Stafford have best chance at Peyton Manning's yardage record

There are other articles as well outlining how Stafford is the only QB in the NFL on pace to break records set by QBs like Peyton and Favre.

He really reminds me of Favre in the way he plays and how competitive he is.

So I guess to answer your question, Stafford is the truth, and the only make or break for him this season will be with hyperbolic Lions fans who think franchise QBs grow on trees but he would then go on to continue his great career for another franchise.

I personally think Stafford will be in the MVP discussion this year given how he finally has continuity with the coaching staff and the players around him.

bionic77

I'm always down for a silly 80s comedy but I legit cracked up at the guy who was in the bathroom for the entirety of summer school: "My zipper got stuck."
Dude aced the exam as well if I remember correctly!

Why did the surfer chick have to stay with the teacher? I can't remember that. Also something they would never put in a movie in 2016...

Shitty like big trouble little China
Don't start with that nonsense.

Tom Penny

No, Stafford has a long career ahead of him in the NFL. I know fans here and elsewhere troll him but I bet you if you asked GMs around the league which QB they would build their team around sans maybe Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson, Cam Newton and maybe one other QB, Stafford would be taken ahead of any other QB given his age, ability, leadership and arm.

He's already proven himself as a leader who can lead the lowly Lions to a playoff berth at 23 years old while also throwing for 5,000 yards, 41 TDs etc.

He is IMO the most gifted passer in the league in terms of arm strength, accuracy and leadership. I've said it before but I can't think of one game in his career where I've gone "Stafford lost that game for us." He is good for at least 4,000 yards at a 2:1 TD, INT ratio.

Even last year, while changing coordinators and a disastrous start to the season for the whole team, Stafford bounced back and finished the season under Jim Bob Cooter with 19 TDs and only 2 INTs.

The only thing I could see is if he had a season of throwing for over 25 INTs (which isn't happening) in which case a lot of Lions fans would probably want to move on.

And even then QBs are such a rare commodity that I don't think Bob Quinn would get rid of him. Our GM Quinn, has stated that Stafford is the Lions QB and talks of an extension are already underway.

He is the franchise QB the Lions have been waiting 50+ years for but it's taken time because he was drafted at 21 years old in 2009 and took over the worst team in NFL history.

Whether it's in Detroit or elsewhere Stafford will be playing in the NFL for a long time.

Drew Brees, Matthew Stafford have best chance at Peyton Manning's yardage record

There are other articles as well outlining how Stafford is the only QB in the NFL on pace to break records set by QBs like Peyton and Favre.

He really reminds me of Favre in the way he plays and how competitive he is.

So I guess to answer your question, Stafford is the truth, and the only make or break for him this season will be with hyperbolic Lions fans who think franchise QBs grow on trees but he would then go on to continue his great career for another franchise.

I personally think Stafford will be in the MVP discussion this year given how he finally has continuity with the coaching staff and the players around him.
I don't even have to read this and know it's something delusional.

Line_HTX

FOX Sports ‏@FOXSports 28m28 minutes ago

#TonyRomo expects to play four or five more seasons for the #Cowboys. #NFL

Please don't retire. He needs to be in the crowd for non-football games some more. See Dallas Stars.

Tom Penny

Please don't retire. He needs to be in the crowd for non-football games some more. See Dallas Stars.
hopefully he can reach twenty games played.

I mean I'm ok with one owl but if he wants to go for a full parliament I'm down,

Top Bottom