• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Oh, no you didn't.

>:T

Line plz. Just give in like Mech :v stop the hate against miracle water.
Animatrix-We-demand-it.png

Russell Wilson is not only the man you want leading your football team, but also the man you'd want your daughter to marry, and also the man you'd want raising a degenerate rapper's young son.

Hindl

We'll see if that means it's going to be expensive as fuck though.

What rumors are these?

There's a ton of different info it's not one rumor. I won't go into detail here because it would be too long, but this thread has all of the information with sources if any of this sounds interesting. Also sorry about getting to this late.

First, stuff Nintendo has announced/patented
  • Nintendo wants the NX console and handheld to be like iOS, where two different form factors can play the same games. This would essentially make everything cross buy/play, and streamline development to make new content come out easier. No more Super Mario 3d land on the 3ds and Super Mario 3D world on the Wii U. One game works for both systems
  • They're finally making an account system, and it'll work across both devices, as well as smartphones, tablets, PC, etc. Additionally, playing games and purchasing software generates points that can be used like reward points at retailers. You'll be able to get future software at discounts for playing and buying current software.
  • Nintendo patented supplemental cloud computing devices. These would allow the user to daisy chain these devices with a console/handheld to boost performance. Additionally, users will potentially be able to share their supplemental devices over the internet to other users, and get rewarded for doing so.
    (Note that this patent doesn't necessarily apply to the NX, and companies make patents all the time that never see the light of day). source
  • NX was delayed to March to ensure they had games ready, as well as a steady flow after launch

And some rumors:
  • About as powerful as XBO/PS4, which isn't a huge deal. However, it is apparently astonishingly easy to develop for, and porting games to it is trivial. Could help with 3rd parties.
  • Nvidia is supplying the SoC, and their focus on efficiency and performance could be a boon.
So you potentially have an ecosystem where whether you get the console or handheld, you'll be able to play the same games. Additionally, as the years go on and your console needs an upgrade, you could get a supplemental device and just plug it in to the NX. They'll have a modern account system that will reward you for buying and playing their games, making newer games cheaper. It's supposedly also really easy to develop for, and their whole architecture is streamlined.

Of course, if this and the other ideas floating around the NX are true, this would be a gigantic undertaking for MS or Sony. With Nintendo's limited experience with online infrastructure as well as cloud based products, I just can't imagine it going well. But if it does come together, it'll at the very least be an interesting device. Also, this will still likely be a place to just play Nintendo games, but they seem to be setting it up where they'll be able to pump out a lot more games at a time.

Line_HTX

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 1m1 minute ago

Report: Peyton Manning won't sue Al Jazeera

Decided to back off and not put a ton of time into this. I'd say that's pretty wise since everyone knows they're full of shit.

brentech

I haven't really owned a Nintendo console outside of the wii which was more of something for my wife. I had a 3ds for a bit, but got rid of it after Zelda.
I'm actually excited for the NX if it means all games will be portable. I'd be in on day 1 if that's how it works.

cdyhybrid

There's a ton of different info it's not one rumor. I won't go into detail here because it would be too long, but this thread has all of the information with sources if any of this sounds interesting. Also sorry about getting to this late.

First, stuff Nintendo has announced/patented
  • Nintendo wants the NX console and handheld to be like iOS, where two different form factors can play the same games. This would essentially make everything cross buy/play, and streamline development to make new content come out easier. No more Super Mario 3d land on the 3ds and Super Mario 3D world on the Wii U. One game works for both systems
  • They're finally making an account system, and it'll work across both devices, as well as smartphones, tablets, PC, etc. Additionally, playing games and purchasing software generates points that can be used like reward points at retailers. You'll be able to get future software at discounts for playing and buying current software.
  • Nintendo patented supplemental cloud computing devices. These would allow the user to daisy chain these devices with a console/handheld to boost performance. Additionally, users will potentially be able to share their supplemental devices over the internet to other users, and get rewarded for doing so.
    (Note that this patent doesn't necessarily apply to the NX, and companies make patents all the time that never see the light of day). source
  • NX was delayed to March to ensure they had games ready, as well as a steady flow after launch

And some rumors:
  • About as powerful as XBO/PS4, which isn't a huge deal. However, it is apparently astonishingly easy to develop for, and porting games to it is trivial. Could help with 3rd parties.
  • Nvidia is supplying the SoC, and their focus on efficiency and performance could be a boon.
So you potentially have an ecosystem where whether you get the console or handheld, you'll be able to play the same games. Additionally, as the years go on and your console needs an upgrade, you could get a supplemental device and just plug it in to the NX. They'll have a modern account system that will reward you for buying and playing their games, making newer games cheaper. It's supposedly also really easy to develop for, and their whole architecture is streamlined.

Of course, if this and the other ideas floating around the NX are true, this would be a gigantic undertaking for MS or Sony. With Nintendo's limited experience with online infrastructure as well as cloud based products, I just can't imagine it going well. But if it does come together, it'll at the very least be an interesting device. Also, this will still likely be a place to just play Nintendo games, but they seem to be setting it up where they'll be able to pump out a lot more games at a time.

Thanks for the write-up! That does sound encouraging and I'm definitely going to be keeping an eye on it. Honestly, the console's overall power doesn't really concern me, because all the resource-intensive games I've been interested in up until this point have been on PC. It would definitely be nice to see a Nintendo console at least attempt to join the modern era in hardware power, though.

I mean, I was going to buy it anyway, but yeah.

I haven't really owned a Nintendo console outside of the wii which was more of something for my wife. I had a 3ds for a bit, but got rid of it after Zelda.
I'm actually excited for the NX if it means all games will be portable. I'd be in on day 1 if that's how it works.

Not a Smash Bros. fan?

He deserves it.
Eh.. Maybe.. Maybe not.. Depends on how slooty he is at the moment.. Right now, he doesn't deserve it.

We shouldn't revel in his misfortune, as it could easily fall upon us all.
I can laugh at whoever is miserable because everyone will laugh at Cleveland in the end.

Just as I hope to this day that Horse Teeth still gets hit in the face with a shovel because his cheap ass can't spring for goddamn Invisalign braces or just go dentures because he looks like a goddamn mule.

Nah, there's been a lot of good/great too. A year I'd repeat easily, I'd just ignore a bunch of weeks. And also continue to ignore every Taylor Apple Music ad because fuck off with anything that isn't Bandcamp nowadays
I honestly don't know what half these words are.

Fitzmagic is wanted in NY
No shit he is.. They should have just broken down and paid him.

Reminder:

Five days before a documentary alleged that quarterback Peyton Manning and other star athletes had used performance-enhancing drugs, two men hired by Manning’s lawyers visited the parents of the documentary’s key witness. Both men wore black overcoats and jeans and, according to a 911 call from the house that evening, one initially said he was a law enforcement officer but didn’t have a badge.

The acts of an innocent man

Also he committed sexual assault but I guess you're going to say that's full of shit too because he threw a good football once

Hindl

Thanks for the write-up! That does sound encouraging and I'm definitely going to be keeping an eye on it. Honestly, the console's overall power doesn't really concern me, because all the resource-intensive games I've been interested in up until this point have been on PC. It would definitely be nice to see a Nintendo console at least attempt to join the modern era in hardware power, though.

I mean, I was going to buy it anyway, but yeah.

Not a Smash Bros. fan?

No problem! Yeah, I'm the same, my PS4 has basically turned into a dust collector since I get all 3rd parties on PC. If I have a console/handheld where I can just play a ton of Nintendo games, I'd be fine with that. But again, I'm really expecting them to come up with something half baked somewhere along the line. They've put out some of my favorite games by them in the past several years, but their console/OS design has just been terrible recently.

Godslay

Banned
I can laugh at whoever is miserable because everyone will laugh at Cleveland in the end.

Just as I hope to this day that Horse Teeth still gets hit in the face with a shovel because his cheap ass can't spring for goddamn Invisalign braces or just go dentures because he looks like a goddamn mule.

Anybody that deals with horses or horse hybrids(mules), knows that as soon as the teeth go a horse is as good as dead.

So you should appreciate his dental details.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
This one is for FMT.

Not many dudes out there than can make The Rock look small.

Well the Rock is known for being one of the few wrestlers who has never juiced and is just a genetic freak.

If Vernon Davis is bigger well.....

Yeah I really hope there's a still a market for portable games with buttons. I play my Wii U and 3DS in bed all the time with Netflix on in the background. She can sleep through TV at a pretty good volume no problem but video games will wake her up because of a lot of the repetitive sound effects.

Plus whenever I travel, I'd rather not be stuck with just iPhone crap.

This was close to a double at the end of the game. It was a magnificent blowout.

http://www.nba.com/games/20090427/DENNOH/gameinfo.html#nbaGIboxscore

Slay! Apparently the Broncos might be too deep at RB this year. Kubes likes Bibbs as well.
CJ, Booker, Hillman, Bibbs and Thompson? Man oh man

Tough decisions indeed.

Fuck all this Raptors hate.
We still rebuilding and contending. We don't have a legit starting PF. We got a top 10 pick this year.
Trust Masai's process.

cdyhybrid

Well the Rock is known for being one of the few wrestlers who has never juiced and is just a genetic freak.

If Vernon Davis is bigger well.....

Yeah I really hope there's a still a market for portable games with buttons. I play my Wii U and 3DS in bed all the time with Netflix on in the background. She can sleep through TV at a pretty good volume no problem but video games will wake her up because of a lot of the repetitive sound effects.

Plus whenever I travel, I'd rather not be stuck with just iPhone crap.

As long as Pokemon is around that market will be there. Looking forward to the new one coming out later this year. That will probably finally convince me to buy a 3DS.

Godslay

Banned
Slay! Apparently the Broncos might be too deep at RB this year. Kubes likes Bibbs as well.
CJ, Booker, Hillman, Bibbs and Thompson? Man oh man

Tough decisions indeed.

Fuck all this Raptors hate.
We still rebuilding and contending. We don't have a legit starting PF. We got a top 10 pick this year.
Trust Masai's process.

Good. Maybe we'll get some decent production outside of CJ. Hillman did okay, but Booker sounds like he wants it all.

I like what I'm hearing about Lynch. It would be great if he could replace Sanchez asap.

Masai was great in Denver btw. Once he was gone everything went downhill.

YH you done for the school year yet? I still got 4 more weeks left then summer vacation

June 6th is my last day my friend. But it is just check out day, so the 5th is really the end. Man I cant wait for summer. Teaching summer school is going to suck, I did it when I taught in SF and it was so brutal, but money is nice. Where/what do you teach?

Top Bottom