• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.
FOX Sports ‏@FOXSports 28m28 minutes ago

#TonyRomo expects to play four or five more seasons for the #Cowboys. #NFL

Please don't retire. He needs to be in the crowd for non-football games some more. See Dallas Stars.

Breaknews

@TonyRomo's Shoulder 1m25
#News to me..

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Please don't retire. He needs to be in the crowd for non-football games some more. See Dallas Stars.

THIS JUST IN BREAKING NEWS:

Player in denial about the longevity of his career

MORE AT 11

I wonder if I should buy tickets to the Chargers preseason game at US bank stadium.

On one hand, it's a preseason game.

On the other, it's the first game at US Bank Stadium.

Hmmmm.

Respect

I thought the same thing.

Must be a joke.

No way is this true at all. Is this supposed to be some kind of joke or something?

It appears they had a set amount of questions they ran through a query and of those set questions, these states asked these questions the most.

From the article:

To be clear, the list below does not represent what each state Googles the most, it simply shows the searches each state Googles more frequently than the other 49 states and the District of Columbia.

Suite Pee

Willing to learn
It appears they had a set amount of questions they ran through a query and of those set questions, these states asked these questions the most.

From the article:

Very, very few people understand that when these kind of infographics come out. No, Wisconsin is not a collective of Jack Johnson fans.

From the article:

Thank you. I was staring at the map thinking no fucking way are these the most searched terms in the different states.

Anyone know who owns the license to make mechassault games? I know MS published the Xbox games. I hope we see a new one soon. I figure it has been long enough from there to be some new ideas in those kinds of games.

No such thing as prep time for disrespect.

Grover took it like a champ when Clemson, Panthers, and North Carolina all lost in the championship game.

At least they made it to a championship :(

That wasn't a compliment, y'know?

:p

It was to me.

I respect Romo, but I'll start cheering for him once you start cheering for Tom

Romo isn't a cheater though. I cheer for greatness and honesty.

Mafuckas

A) It was a week

B) Fuck UNC and Clemson. Actually I have no strong feelings towards Clemson, but fuck UNC

Also

CjZXNoQUUAAspZI.jpg:large

sI7Mvbk.gif

GOAT WNBA Football Player Returns

Pepiope

I hope he's there for 10 more years.

No, Stafford has a long career ahead of him in the NFL. I know fans here and elsewhere troll him but I bet you if you asked GMs around the league which QB they would build their team around sans maybe Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson, Cam Newton and maybe one other QB, Stafford would be taken ahead of any other QB given his age, ability, leadership and arm.

He's already proven himself as a leader who can lead the lowly Lions to a playoff berth at 23 years old while also throwing for 5,000 yards, 41 TDs etc.

He is IMO the most gifted passer in the league in terms of arm strength, accuracy and leadership. I've said it before but I can't think of one game in his career where I've gone "Stafford lost that game for us." He is good for at least 4,000 yards at a 2:1 TD, INT ratio.

Even last year, while changing coordinators and a disastrous start to the season for the whole team, Stafford bounced back and finished the season under Jim Bob Cooter with 19 TDs and only 2 INTs.

The only thing I could see is if he had a season of throwing for over 25 INTs (which isn't happening) in which case a lot of Lions fans would probably want to move on.

And even then QBs are such a rare commodity that I don't think Bob Quinn would get rid of him. Our GM Quinn, has stated that Stafford is the Lions QB and talks of an extension are already underway.

He is the franchise QB the Lions have been waiting 50+ years for but it's taken time because he was drafted at 21 years old in 2009 and took over the worst team in NFL history.

Whether it's in Detroit or elsewhere Stafford will be playing in the NFL for a long time.

Drew Brees, Matthew Stafford have best chance at Peyton Manning's yardage record

There are other articles as well outlining how Stafford is the only QB in the NFL on pace to break records set by QBs like Peyton and Favre.

He really reminds me of Favre in the way he plays and how competitive he is.

So I guess to answer your question, Stafford is the truth, and the only make or break for him this season will be with hyperbolic Lions fans who think franchise QBs grow on trees but he would then go on to continue his great career for another franchise.

I personally think Stafford will be in the MVP discussion this year given how he finally has continuity with the coaching staff and the players around him.
Stafford goes 3 for 16 in 2nd half after leading Detroit to 27-20 halftime lead vs. the Steelers, 11/17/2013.

I'm sure you don't remember since you didn't watch the game, kas. You may have been shivering under a blanket because the temp had dropped to 65.

Top Bottom