• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.

bionic77

I don't like her music, but I don't know if you can just dismiss Taylor Swift as not being good. She is really popular and her music clearly reaches out to a lot of people.

I feel people often confuse the words good with best of all time. She is obviously not the second coming of Prince, but she can hold a tune and has a knack for picking catchy tunes (or has the right people around her do it for her).

She is not that attractive though (at least not to me). Speaking of hottest pop stars, who currently holds the crown? I always thought Nikki Minaj was hot and a showcase for some of the finest plastic surgery known to man.

Jason Cole ‏@JasonColeBR 36m36 minutes ago
I have surveyed 23 #NFL owners over past week #Raiders to Vegas. Gambling is not a factor to 21 of them. Market strength will determine

Really feels like if the financing is there, the Raiders will be in Vegas

I have surveyed 23 #NFL owners over past week #Raiders to Vegas. Gambling is not a factor to 21 of them. Market strength will determine

I agree. All the sports talk radio stations are in agreement that the raiders are coming to Vegas. Gonna be so weird having a team here. I wonder when the Eagles okay at the raiders next.

DMczaf

We got the thirst

Hindl

I agree. All the sports talk radio stations are in agreement that the raiders are coming to Vegas. Gonna be so weird having a team here. I wonder when the Eagles okay at the raiders next.

Won't be for a while, Eagles play the Raiders next year but it's at Philly. So unless they meet in the SB, at least another 5 years I think

NFL presser tomorrow at 2:45 in Orlando to announce they're the new home for the Pro Bowl

Ain't that exciting....

I'm sure the players are hyped they can go to the magical land of Orlando instead of Hawaii.

Yeah, I feel like even in a hypothetical scenario where weed gets legalized nationwide next year, it'll still take several years for the NFL to allow players to use it. Like you said they're weirdly conservative, so I could see Goddell holding out even after legalization to "protect the integrity of the shield" or some shit

Lol

"Protect the shield from a legal substance"

Might as well test all players for alcohol consumption then #RIPGRONK

We got the thirst

Raiders want some of those fine ass looking hotdogs

Won't be for a while, Eagles play the Raiders next year but it's at Philly. So unless they meet in the SB, at least another 5 years I think

Thats what I was afraid of. I knew they played in Oakland recently, the 7 TD Foles game was at the Raiders. Oh well it would have been cool to see an Eagles game in Vegas but no way do I still want to be trapped here in another 5 years.

Bunch of transplants living in Vegas....why do they think they can form a solid fanbase there?

Well there are a ton of Raiders fans here. Even before this talk I would see way more Raiders stuff then any other team. For what ever reason it seems that the Raiders are very popular with the Hispanic population in Vegas, but the main thing they keep saying on the radio is that they want Raiders games in Vegas to be big events for fans of the road teams. For example lets say the Raiders are playing the Giants, they want a ton of Giants fans to come out for the weekend, they are hoping that the hotels will buy a bunch of tickets and then use them as comps for people coming out for the games.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Well there are a ton of Raiders fans here. Even before this talk I would see way more Raiders stuff then any other team. For what ever reason it seems that the Raiders are very popular with the Hispanic population in Vegas, but the main thing they keep saying on the radio is that they want Raiders games in Vegas to be big events for fans of the road teams. For example lets say the Raiders are playing the Giants, they want a ton of Giants fans to come out for the weekend, they are hoping that the hotels will buy a bunch of tickets and then use them as comps for people coming out for the games.

Those are gang members.

John Mara, owner of the New York Giants, was quoted by Bart Hubbuch of the New York Post as early as March 20th of this year as calling the Raiders possible move to LV a "non-starter" issue and that most owners would dismiss it because of gambling issues. Fast forward 2 months and he is hedging his original bet on Vegas.

"I'm open-minded. I would want to hear a presentation about it and the pros and cons, and obviously there are some concerns, but I am not going to rule it out. The gambling, is the market deep enough to support an NFL team, what kind of stadium would be there, what kind of support are they going to get from the community? Those would be the concerns."

Mara didn't go as far as to endorse the idea, he says he wouldn't bet either way on it until after he sees a presentation that addresses the "pros and cons" of the move. However, he does admit that it might not be as big of an issue as he thought when Vrentas asks about whether the attitudes had changed about the gambling in Vegas.

Those are gang members.

The only question is would they buy tickets to a game. The reason that they originally chose to wear Raiders stuff is immaterial. Vegas is an event town, they have no problem at all selling out fights and stuff like that. I think that the Raiders would do very well here.

That's surprising, any of the times I've been to Vegas I see fans from all the teams, but you've lived there so you'd know better. I still don't think they could fill a stadium every Sunday, especially with LA having a team now. If LA didn't have a team I would have taken a trip to Vegas to see Miami and I'm sure fans of other teams would have too but now I can just do it from home and the same goes for fans of other teams that live in SF/SD. I mean where would all these Giant fans be coming from?

This would be my biggest concern if I was the NFL. Florida teams suffer from this pretty badly as it is, I would think Vegas would be even worse.

Yup, Miami home games (at least now) are usually half Dolphin fans - half the other teams, when the pats and jets come to play they almost feel like away games.

gutshot

I don't like her music, but I don't know if you can just dismiss Taylor Swift as not being good. She is really popular and her music clearly reaches out to a lot of people.

I feel people often confuse the words good with best of all time. She is obviously not the second coming of Prince, but she can hold a tune and has a knack for picking catchy tunes (or has the right people around her do it for her).

She is not that attractive though (at least not to me). Speaking of hottest pop stars, who currently holds the crown? I always thought Nikki Minaj was hot and a showcase for some of the finest plastic surgery known to man.

Ariana Grande?

gutshot

And in actual NFL news, Walter Thurmond is retiring.

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
After 6 NFL seasons, former Eagles, Giants and Seahawks DB Walter Thurmond is retiring at the age of 28, according to source.

bionic77

Who started that dirty rumour that I'm allowed to squicken to the Cavs for the finals?
I am not sure but I was just thinking about your country over the weekend because we were thinking of maybe taking a trip to Niagra and Toronto sometime this summer (both are great places to visit btw).

It is weird for an American going into Canada and coming back, because your border people are so fucking nice and make you feel welcome and good about going into Canada. But when we return to our own fucking country the border people are surly and rude and you have to wait in lines for hours just to get back to your own home.

There are some things we could learn from our Canadian brothers. Not how to be a man or build a sports team, but in terms of how to be polite and respect for other people.

A lot of things are.. Point me in the right direction?

Are you about to be a two teamer DM?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...yan-goddess-icon-through-no-fault-of-her-own/

“‘Firstly, Taylor Swift is a pure Aryan goddess, like something out of classical Greek poetry. Athena reborn. That’s the most important thing,’ explains Andre Anglin, the writer of the white supremacist blog the Daily Stormer. ‘It is also an established fact that Taylor Swift is secretly a Nazi and is simply waiting for the time when Donald Trump makes it safe for her to come out and announce her Aryan agenda to the world. Probably, she will be betrothed to Trump’s son, and they will be crowned American royalty.'”

This shit is beyond ridiculous.

Tom Penny

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...yan-goddess-icon-through-no-fault-of-her-own/

“‘Firstly, Taylor Swift is a pure Aryan goddess, like something out of classical Greek poetry. Athena reborn. That’s the most important thing,’ explains Andre Anglin, the writer of the white supremacist blog the Daily Stormer. ‘It is also an established fact that Taylor Swift is secretly a Nazi and is simply waiting for the time when Donald Trump makes it safe for her to come out and announce her Aryan agenda to the world. Probably, she will be betrothed to Trump’s son, and they will be crowned American royalty.'”

I lost all respect for Taylor Swift.

What the fuck did I read?

Fox318

Speaking of...

Sqmg5QI.jpg
C5YVEjc.jpg

kJV4qVA.jpg

Who should I name the offspring after? Floyd? ;P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4lSjIl96Sc

Why is this in a newspaper....?

Dutch my friend why are you reading the daily stormer, was storm front down that day?

I am not sure but I was just thinking about your country over the weekend because we were thinking of maybe taking a trip to Niagra and Toronto sometime this summer (both are great places to visit btw).

It is weird for an American going into Canada and coming back, because your border people are so fucking nice and make you feel welcome and good about going into Canada. But when we return to our own fucking country the border people are surly and rude and you have to wait in lines for hours just to get back to your own home.

There are some things we could learn from our Canadian brothers. Not how to be a man or build a sports team, but in terms of how to be polite and respect for other people.

Canada for President 2016

Bunch of transplants living in Vegas....why do they think they can form a solid fanbase there?

The thinking, at least in the short term, is probably that even though Vegas is way more of a transplant town than even LA, it's still Vegas, so road team fans will plan trips and vacations around when their teams play the Raiders. It will suck for the home team and players, but a ticket sold is a ticket sold. Also Vegas is a fairly short drive from SoCal, much shorter for these fans than driving to Oakland, which has a huge Raider fan presence. Ultimately if the team is successful though I can see them establishing a fan base.

Also Taylor Swift is the antichrist.

cdyhybrid

It was the opposite for me when driving to and from BC.

Top Bottom