• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.

bionic77

Cavs and James fucking blew it. It is foolish to say that the series is over but you only get so many chances in life.

The Cavs had such a clear opportunity to steal that game midway through the second half, and yet Lebron and co. did not come through. I was surprised at how effective GS was at slowing down Lebron. He was not efficient in the paint and that is not something you can say very often. Unfortunately for Cleveland their team is not deep enough to sustain a subpar game from Lebron.

Cavs better find a way to match GS's intensity and focus fast or else they might get too far behind for it to matter.

Fox318

Championship teams must have a strong defensive core.

Fuck the warriors offense because their defense was good enough to keep a team like the Thunder in check.

Cavs have a park team of guys that can play an awesome game of knockout but when it comes to actually defending when you have JR Smith, Kyrie, and Love on the floor at the same time you might as well just not play.

Lebron proves that one player can bully and provide enough of a distraction to get through teams most teams but when a team actually plays like a team and has stars you will lose.

Cavs were triple teaming Curry before he even had the ball and it led to a ton of open shots.

RBH

Go Cav.
I'm pretty hyped for Game 1 of the Finals on Sunday.

Thrones day will bless us

giphy.gif

bionic77

Championship teams must have a strong defensive core.

Fuck the warriors offense because their defense was good enough to keep a team like the Thunder in check.

Cavs have a park team of guys that can play an awesome game of knockout but when it comes to actually defending when you have JR Smith, Kyrie, and Love on the floor at the same time you might as well just not play.

Lebron proves that one player can bully and provide enough of a distraction to get through teams most teams but when a team actually plays like a team and has stars you will lose.

Cavs were triple teaming Curry before he even had the ball and it led to a ton of open shots.
The Cavs are a flawed team and the east is trash. That said if they can make a few changes over the offseason I could see them being legit threats next year and this series is not over yet.

I'm so panicking about my thesis, that my stomach hurts pretty much non-stop and I can't focus on anything :/
Thats actually a good sign.

Misery leads to success in my experience.

Fox318

The Cavs are a flawed team and the east is trash. That said if they can make a few changes over the offseason I could see them being legit threats next year and this series is not over yet.

Thats actually a good sign.

Misery leads to success in my experience.

basketball has become trash because every team wants to become the 76ers. GMs are looking at their roster and if they think they don't have a 90% chance of making at least the conference finals they are tearing their roster apart so they don't have to pay the players and they want to play the lottery game.

Problem is there is no way to pay a player like Lebron of Steph what they are actually worth under a cap. When you think about the sneakers, fashion, branding, and everything else that the top guys can make there is no way a teams can woo them with cash alone unless they are past their prime.

So you now have a bunch of elite players that want to win because it will help their brand so they are trying to create superteams where they are taking discounts while other teams are overpaying bums on 1 year deals so they will have cap space the next year.

Jordan changed the game because of the Nike deal and now every player wants to be his own brand.

RBH

The Dolphins-Falcons preseason game is being moved to Orlando — but not for the reason most assumed.

Construction on the Dolphins’ home stadium remains on track, the team reiterated Wednesday.

“The league asked us if we would move the game up there,” Dolphins CEO Tom Garfinkel told the Herald. “As part of [Wednesday’s] Pro Bowl announcement, we agreed to do it.”

Dolphins-Falcons, scheduled for Aug. 25, will be held at the Camping World Stadium, formerly known as the Citrus Bowl. The stadium has recently undergone a $207 million renovation of its own. The facility will also host the 2017 Pro Bowl, and the preseason game will give the league a dry run in an unfamiliar facility before putting their all-star game there.

Dolphins season-ticket holders will have the first opportunity to purchase tickets and will receive a full refund for the lost home game, scheduled for Aug. 25. Their pre-sale is Monday; the public on-sale will be on June 9. Details are available at Dolphins.com.
http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article81191537.html

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
basketball has become trash because every team wants to become the 76ers. GMs are looking at their roster and if they think they don't have a 90% chance of making at least the conference finals they are tearing their roster apart so they don't have to pay the players and they want to play the lottery game.

Problem is there is no way to pay a player like Lebron of Steph what they are actually worth under a cap. When you think about the sneakers, fashion, branding, and everything else that the top guys can make there is no way a teams can woo them with cash alone unless they are past their prime.

So you now have a bunch of elite players that want to win because it will help their brand so they are trying to create superteams where they are taking discounts while other teams are overpaying bums on 1 year deals so they will have cap space the next year.

Jordan changed the game because of the Nike deal and now every player wants to be his own brand.

The problem with the 76ers method is that lately a lot of the drafts have been shit. Even if you get a top 3 pick, you probably aren't getting the next Lebron James. The only thing I can think of is that you get maybe one good star player and then hope to attract other stars via free agency using that player. Really its crazy how much players looking to play with friends influences free agency like it does. Fortunately, the best teams in the league have generally been immune from that.

bionic77

I don't agree with this.

I think the league is just transitioning to a period where they will have new stars. The old guys are dead or dying. The Warriors have arose from the ashes and I am sure a few other contenders will emerge over the next 2-3 years giving us new stars.

The same happens to the NFL as well. I think we are going to have a lot of garbage teams next year and I think anyone who makes it into the playoffs will have a shot. The NFL is a better league though because there are less games and the playoffs don't take 2 years so it is still more exciting even during times of transition.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I have to say other then the ice storm we had here a few years ago our stinky Lake Ontario has sheltered Toronto well from any storms of insanity.

When Boston and New York were getting pounded by snow we just got the ridiculously cold weather.

rando14

I have to say other then the ice storm we had here a few years ago our stinky Lake Ontario has sheltered Toronto well from any storms of insanity.

When Boston and New York were getting pounded by snow we just got the ridiculously cold weather.

hey Kave have you seen My Mariners recently? :)

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
hey Kave have you seen My Mariners recently? :)

Nope but let me just pull them up here on the internet and...

WHOOAOOAAA!!! Good for you man. Hope they continue putting in work, win your division so we don't have to battle each other for a wildcard.

rando14

Nope but let me just pull them up here on the internet and...

WHOOAOOAAA!!! Good for you man. Hope they continue putting in work, win your division so we don't have to battle each other for a wildcard.

I am so happy our friendship has reached this level!! :')

#weeatin

If only I could level up my relationships with BG and
Floy (???)

jbug617

Banned
iPad Pro (12.9 ver) yes or no? I really want it but not sure of the Apple cycle is for the product because they did a smaller version early this year so I don't know if Pro 2 is coming this Fall

Hindl

I'm obviously biased but I feel like the Mid-Atlantic states (NJ, MD, DE) have the best weather. They get every season, but there's no major weather events there, especially if you live along the coast. Like the Northeast gets crazy blizzards, the South gets Hurricanes, the midwest has to deal with tornadoes, and the West has to deal with earthquakes/occasional tsunamis due to the earthquakes. Aside from the occasional blizzard, there's not really any natural disasters

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
iPad Pro (12.9 ver) yes or no? I really want it but not sure of the Apple cycle is for the product because they did a smaller version early this year so I don't know if Pro 2 is coming this Fall

Depends whether or not a Surface Pro would be an option for you I suppose. What will you be mainly using it for?

Spinluck

If Lebron wants to take out GS then he needs to go to the West. He'd steam roll any East team in the Finals .

GS is just too deep.

I'm obviously biased but I feel like the Mid-Atlantic states (NJ, MD, DE) have the best weather. They get every season, but there's no major weather events there, especially if you live along the coast. Like the Northeast gets crazy blizzards, the South gets Hurricanes, the midwest has to deal with tornadoes, and the West has to deal with earthquakes/occasional tsunamis due to the earthquakes. Aside from the occasional blizzard, there's not really any natural disasters
Haven't they been hit by hurricanes recently?

If Lebron wants to take out GS then he needs to go to the West. He'd steam roll any East team in the Finals .

GS is just too deep.
I feel like everyone is overreacting to last nights game a bit too much. The Cavs had a pretty bad game offensively yesterday. What I saw on offense isn't the style of basketball the Cavs have played the months leading into the playoffs and in the playoffs. The Warriors aren't the only team that had players not show up yesterday. honestly I can't see the Cavs playing that bad again, ball movement was terrible last night. you know how everyone acts like Patriot fans are the worst? We'll Gaf Golden State fans are actually the worst. y'all better put some respect back on the Cavs name. I hope Golden state gets stumped Sunday so I can mentally take a dump on their fans door steps.

I ain't talking about this no mo, but I might talk about this alittle mo.

BigAT

I feel like everyone is overreacting to last nights game a bit too much. The Cavs had a pretty bad game offensively yesterday. What I saw on offense isn't the style of basketball the Cavs have played the months leading into the playoffs and in the playoffs. The Warriors aren't the only team that had players not show up yesterday. honestly I can't see the Cavs playing that bad again, ball movement was terrible last night. you know how everyone acts like Patriot fans are the worst? We'll Gaf Golden State are actually the worst. y'all better put some respect back on the Cavs name. I hope Golden state gets stumped Sunday so I can mentally take a dump on their fans door steps.

hqdefault.jpg

Hindl

Haven't they been hit by hurricanes recently?

Just Irene and Sandy, and Irene turned out to be nothing. It's like blizzards, it's possible but really rare. Usually by the time they work their way up the east coast they get downgraded to tropical storms. We've had two Hurricanes in the last 5 years, and Sandy was the only one that did any damage. To be fair though, it did a lot of damage. Mostly they either peter out or end up going east into the ocean, which just results in some rain and big waves for surfers in September

Top Bottom