• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hunter S.

d1CWIN6ogTYwu3Uk.gif

Pats fans are the worst...

bionic77

I feel like everyone is overreacting to last nights game a bit too much. The Cavs had a pretty bad game offensively yesterday. What I saw on offense isn't the style of basketball the Cavs have played the months leading into the playoffs and in the playoffs. The Warriors aren't the only team that had players not show up yesterday. honestly I can't see the Cavs playing that bad again, ball movement was terrible last night. you know how everyone acts like Patriot fans are the worst? We'll Gaf Golden State fans are actually the worst. y'all better put some respect back on the Cavs name. I hope Golden state gets stumped Sunday so I can mentally take a dump on their fans door steps.

I ain't talking about this no mo, but I might talk about this alittle mo.
It ain't over and people overreact after every game in the playoffs. They use their expert analysis to pick the team that win the last game to win the next one.

That said I think the Cavs are in trouble. What bothered me about them most was their complete inability to get any mismatches on offense because I knew their defense was not going to be great. I hope for your sake that was just them coming out flat and because Lue's lineups were off because if not this shit will be over quick.

And the Cavs defense was the joke it has been all playoffs, they just ran into a team that can take advantage. Cavs were good at taking away first option but when the Warriors swing it they were all time bad in taking away everything else. Barbosa and Livingston were getting to their spots with zero resistance. You have to smother them, not let them get to their spots at will.

Time to see if Cleve are champs or chumps. Pressure is on...

cdyhybrid

Series isn't over but the Cavs definitely let a great opportunity to steal a game slip away, and they'll need to step it up to get back to even.

I'm obviously biased but I feel like the Mid-Atlantic states (NJ, MD, DE) have the best weather. They get every season, but there's no major weather events there, especially if you live along the coast. Like the Northeast gets crazy blizzards, the South gets Hurricanes, the midwest has to deal with tornadoes, and the West has to deal with earthquakes/occasional tsunamis due to the earthquakes. Aside from the occasional blizzard, there's not really any natural disasters

You are correct. Hurricanes are an issue, but they are fairly rare in the NE all things considered. Blizzards are actually more expensive because they're more frequent, but they are really not even problematic.

Also, beach weather on the east coast is in some senses better, if you like to swim. Water temps in NJ are warmer than Long Beach right now and it's not even summer. Water is too damn cold on California beaches.

Hindl

You are correct. Hurricanes are an issue, but they are fairly rare in the NE all things considered. Blizzards are actually more expensive because they're more frequent, but they are really not even problematic.

Also, beach weather on the east coast is in some senses better, if you like to swim. Water temps in NJ are warmer than Long Beach right now and it's not even summer. Water is too damn cold on California beaches.

Yeah, the Gulf Stream really makes the water nice in the summer. Obviously NJ just gets the upper tip of it, so the water isn't as nice as say, Florida or North/South Carolina. I've never been to California but I've heard the water is pretty cold there. Meanwhile, by early-mid July the water in NJ/MD is perfect

California beaches are a fucking scam. Jagged rocks, yet no shells, sharks, stank ass stinkin' ass kelp and other nasty deposited beach detritus, dead seals collecting flies, and freezing water year-round. I haven't been able to take my kids to an east coast beach, but they are in for a treat when they see that it can actually be enjoyable.

Yeah, the Gulf Stream really makes the water nice in the summer. Obviously NJ just gets the upper tip of it, so the water isn't as nice as say, Florida or North/South Carolina. I've never been to California but I've heard the water is pretty cold there. Meanwhile, by early-mid July the water in NJ/MD is perfect

I usually go to DE beaches. It's in the 70s by late June almost always. Mid 70s the rest of the summer. In Southern California the coastal water temperature basically doesn't even get to the 70s anywhere other than San Diego. In fact, when San Diego is in the 70s, the water is warmer off the coast of Massachusetts.

Hindl

Yep.

Though beaches are best in the tropics. Haven't been back in that part of the world since I was in Aruba 12 years ago or so. Was always in the water when I got the chance.

Well yeah obviously, those were the best beaches I've ever been to. Can't beat that, it's just nice having good beaches so far north. Nothing matches the water in the Caribbean, except maybe the Mediterranean. Those beaches tend to be really rocky though. Wish I could get back there again

Yep.

Though beaches are best in the tropics. Haven't been back in that part of the world since I was in Aruba 12 years ago or so. Was always in the water when I got the chance.

My wife loved Hawaii, but she said she'd never go back because a) the flight is long as shit (even if you're on the West Coast) and b) it's expensive as shit. For same price she spent for a week in Hawaii she could have had two weeks in the Bahamas or even Aruba. And that flight is only like 2-3 hours.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
My wife loved Hawaii, but she said she'd never go back because a) the flight is long as shit (even if you're on the West Coast) and b) it's expensive as shit. For same price she spent for a week in Hawaii she could have had two weeks in the Bahamas or even Aruba. And that flight is only like 2-3 hours.

Only 5-6 hours or so from California, and not too pricey if you can find a good deal. My wife's family has a timeshare so the bulk of our costs goes to airfare.

But yeah, if you're on the other coast you have more cost-effective options. We havne't been back to the Caribbean either for mostly the same reasons you mention since we're on the opposite coast.

Only 5-6 hours or so from California, and not too pricey if you can find a good deal. My wife's family has a timeshare so the bulk of our costs goes to airfare.

But yeah, if you're on the other coast you have more cost-effective options. We havne't been back to the Caribbean either for mostly the same reasons you mention since we're on the opposite coast.

In 5-6 hours I could almost be in Europe. Helps to be on the superior coast.

rando14

My friend Bread is a marine biologist and Oceanography expert!! We recently spoke at the latest Breadstream shareholders meeting and he assured to me, that ever since he moved to His San Diego, that the West coast is superior

I believe that closes the conversation

Bread

Banned
My friend Bread is a marine biologist and Oceanography expert!! We recently spoke at the latest Breadstream shareholders meeting and he assured to me, that ever since he moved to His San Diego, that the West coast is superior

I believe that closes the conversation
I can verify that all of this is true, see my sources if you need proof.

Top Bottom