• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
How do I handle all these Lions hype articles from MLive?

A'Shawn Robinson living up to scouting report, having few issues with scheme transition

Due to injuries limiting the practice participation of veterans Caraun Reid and Tyrunn Walker, Robinson has been thrust right into the mix, working with the first team in OTAs, alongside five-time Pro Bowler Haloti Ngata.

Robinson has looked surprisingly comfortable in the role and the scheme, making a positive impression on the veteran leader.

"A'Shawn's awesome," Ngata said. "He's freaking big and strong. He's going to be a great student of the game. He pays attention and just always corrects what he needs to correct."

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ss...shawn_robinson.html#incart_river_mobile_index

Detroit Lions coaches see 20-sack season as realistic possibility for Ezekiel Ansah

"If you ask (defensive line coach) Kris (Kocurek), it’s 20 sacks," defensive coordinator Teryl Austin said. "I think he just has to continue to improve, just like we said the last couple years, just continue to improve on his pass-rush techniques, get better in the run game and he'€™ll continue to grow. He'€™s got a lot of room for growth still."

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ss...aches_see_20_s.html#incart_river_mobile_index

Lions LB Kyle Van Noy making huge leaps this offseason

ALLEN PARK -- The Detroit Lions expected Kyle Van Noy to be an immediate starter when they selected him in the second round of the 2014 draft.

But they've had to wait. And wait. And wait some more.

Finally, though, there are some signs that the wait could be nearing a close.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ss...n_noy_making_h.html#incart_river_mobile_index

Detroit Lions' Darius Slay goes to 'hands school,' still waiting on long-term extension

"I'm just very comfortable here," Slay said. "I love my teammates. I love to be around these guys. There's good leadership here. They built me, helped me become a man, a better leader and a better player. Being around here, in this atmosphere, it's been a blessing."

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ss..._darius_slay_7.html#incart_river_mobile_index

Still holding out hope on Kyle Van Noy but keeping my expectations in check. Still though it's great to hear the coaching staff, especially Coach Austin, talk about his improvement because if he hasn't recovered from his injuries he would not be taking first team reps.

This Lions defense is going to be something fierce.

I didn't realize this game was being played at this stadium.

I can still point out the very spot on the field where Can disn't pick up the ball

Edit: I pormise I've only had a few sips of booze tonight

cdyhybrid

The real US Men's National Team is about to kick off.

DmHcl2d.png

y

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Saw xmen apocalypse today. I really liked it. Would have been better as a 2-parter but it was still really god. My god munn was fucking awful though. Thank god she was barely in it.

Yeah I also really enjoyed it.

I was surprised that it got lukewarm reviews. It's not the best comic book movie ever but I wasn't bored and I was thoroughly entertained!

squicken

Trump has a lot of things to fix when he makes us great again. Till then, Netflix

e: wait ODB is missing OTAs b/c of KHLOE Kardashian? Today wasn't all bad at least

QUOTE=wienke;205581263]Yeah I also really enjoyed it.

I was surprised that it got lukewarm reviews. It's not the best comic book movie ever but I wasn't bored and I was thoroughly entertained![/QUOTE]
High five. I thought apocalypse was really well done and the final conclusion was cool. End credit spoiler:
I swear right before the end credit scene I turned to my wife and said if the next movie isn't either Mr. Sinister or Riptide killing all the morelocks I will fucking rage. So the end credit scene made me super happy.
[

Shouldn't your QB pick up that ball off the ground?

https://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2016/02/cam-newton-jumps-back-after-fumbling.gif?w=1000[img]

*kicks feet up and smiles*[/QUOTE]
Matt Ryan make it to the Super Bowl or nah?
Matt Ryan make the playoffs or nah?

Fox318

Ninja got me thinking when he said that Jackie Robinson and Ali were the 2 most important athletes in American history and it got me thinking about who are the most important athletes in American history?

Not just great athletes but athletes that had substantial societal impact on America.

I mean off the top of my head I can't help but feel like that list would have to include:

Muhammad Ali
Babe Ruth
Babe Zaharias
Billy Jean King
Jackie Robinson
Jesse Owens
Jim Thorpe
Magic Johnson

Maybe:?
Greg Louganis
Tiger Woods
Michael Jordan
Sandy Koufax

Its tough to come up with any other lists with regards to ones who drove a conversation that impacted America.

Ninja got me thinking when he said that Jackie Robinson and Ali were the 2 most important athletes in American history and it got me thinking about who are the most important athletes in American history?

Not just great athletes but athletes that had substantial societal impact on America.

I mean off the top of my head I can't help but feel like that list would have to include:

Muhammad Ali
Babe Ruth
Babe Zaharias
Billy Jean King
Jackie Robinson
Jesse Owens
Jim Thorpe
Magic Johnson

Greg Louganis
Tiger Woods
Michael Jordan
Sandy Koufax

Its tough to come up with any other lists with regards to ones who drove a conversation that impacted America.
Jordan is absolutely on the list.

In what way has he impacted society as of yet?

I could say that of the entire history of the NFL outside of Jim Thorpe who really impacted American society?

It might actually be Tebow.

OJ Simpson? Supposedly that new documentary on OJ touches on exactly this and is getting incredible hype.

Syrinx

Muhammad Ali
Babe Ruth
Babe Zaharias
Billy Jean King
Jackie Robinson
Jesse Owens
Jim Thorpe
Magic Johnson

Greg Louganis
Tiger Woods
Michael Jordan
Sandy Koufax

John Carlos/Tommie Smith?

Top Bottom