• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Had no idea bionic was banned. RIP, sometimes didn't like me because of differing opinions but I always enjoyed his posts. minx got hit with a 6 month ban also.

Lions GM Bob Quinn: It's tough to find offensive tackles in draft

ALLEN PARK -- It might seem like Matthew Stafford has been sacked a lot lately. And that's because he has.

The Detroit Lions quarterback has been dropped 89 times the past two seasons, more than all but three QBs league-wide*.

Stafford would be the first to tell you a sack is a team effort. It's not always the line. Sometimes receivers aren't getting open downfield, or run a wrong route, or maybe the quarterback doesn't see something develop quickly enough. Or a tailback misses a blocking assignment.

"I think it's a position that's hard to find," Quinn said Thursday during his pre-draft news conference. "I mean, just go by their height and their weight, like how many 6-7, 6-5 320-pound guys are walking around Earth? I mean, not that many, right?

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2016/04/bob_quinn_offensive_line.html#incart_river_mobile_index

Interesting comments by Quinn predraft. Don't know if it's a smokescreen to have other teams rush for tackles so someone like Rankins can fall to #16 or if he's actually looking specifically for a Tackle with the first pick.

*This was with the worst running game last year

Duxxy3

Watching the 2014 draft now.

Buffalo got so much shit for trading all of those picks for Watkins, but it actually worked out for them. He's a good receiver and Cleveland didn't do shit with those picks.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Watching the 2014 draft now.

Buffalo got so much shit for trading all of those picks for Watkins, but it actually worked out for them. He's a good receiver and Cleveland didn't do shit with those picks.

Double edged sword as was the case in Atlanta with the Julio Jones trade. If the trade works out you have a star player but you lose a lot of depth. Just look at Atlanta's defense.

The Browns ended up drafting Justin Gilbert and a couple of other non contributors with those traded picks. It's all about the GM and management.

Jarnet87

Bills may have been able to sit pretty at 8 and get Watkins or Evans but we'll never know. No idea what Cleveland would have done if they couldn't fine a trade partner. The Bucs at 5 were taking a WR 100%

Gonna crack open a brew or two and listen to Mayock final conference call.

cdyhybrid

United made the final of the FA CUP (barely)
Hornets about to not get swept

I got tears in my eyes

This is the best day of my sports year so far brehs

image.php

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Aaron Donald is such a beast

Lions messed up

He is a beast and if we redid the draft I'm sure Martin Mayhew would've chosen Donald. He's probably the most disruptive interior D-lineman in the league.

I think he single handidly caused our loss to the Rams last season.

That said, I think Ebron is going to have a great season/career. He is such a mismatch for Linebackers trying to guard him.

He improved from rookie year at 21 to his second season in the NFL. His talent is undeniable.

MRSA

Banned
He is a beast and if we redid the draft I'm sure Martin Mayhew would've chosen Donald. He's probably the most disruptive interior D-lineman in the league.

I think he single handidly caused our loss to the Rams last season.

That said, I think Ebron is going to have a great season/career. He is such a mismatch for Linebackers trying to guard him.

He improved from rookie year at 21 to his second season in the NFL. His talent is undeniable.

Wtf kinda shit is this?

Until you make another stupid bet..

First off, none of my bets are stupid.

The Lions were one Matthew Stafford road win against a winning team away from me winning that bet.

And I made the Pats bet under the assumption that the criminal justice system would actually do its job and enforce Brady's suspension, if not lengthen it.

But I will not make a bet this year.

First off, none of my bets are stupid.

The Lions were one Matthew Stafford road win against a winning team away from me winning that bet.

And I made the Pats bet under the assumption that the criminal justice system would actually do its job and enforce Brady's suspension, if not lengthen it.

But I will not make a bet this year.

So Grover, what are your thoughts on who will win the US Open at Oakmont?

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Wtf kinda shit is this?

Uhhhhh, my opinion? I think Eric Ebron will have a solid career/season especially with his role in our offense with Golden Tate, Marvin Jones, Theo Riddick, Ameer Abdullah, TJ Jones, whoever we draft etc.

Will he be as good as Aaron Donald or OBJ? Probably not, but I think he's going to have a solid career.

Top Bottom