• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.
JjmD2Pl.gif

Almost time!

RBH

Isn't the Raiders to Vegas talk kinda premature until the Chargers figure out their situation?

If the Chargers stay in San Diego.......then would Mark Davis accept the LA deal and share a stadium with the Rams? Or would he prefer to try his luck in Vegas and get his own stadium?

Will be real interesting to see how things play out if the Chargers end up staying in SD. The Raiders do already have a good amount of fans in the LA area (probably more so than Rams fans, honestly), but I'm not sure if Mark Davis would be able to swallow his pride and share a stadium with another NFL team.

DMczaf

So I have 2 friends named Dega on my Steam friends list.

After our Dega added me as a friend, it named him to "Dega (2)"

Dega, you are now Dega (2) from now on.

Curry didn't play that great last year and they still won. San Antonio would be the favorite, but no way could you count the Warriors out.

Isn't the Raiders to Vegas talk kinda premature until the Chargers figure out their situation?

If the Chargers stay in San Diego.......then would Mark Davis accept the LA deal and share a stadium with the Rams? Or would he prefer to try his luck in Vegas and get his own stadium?

Will be real interesting to see how things play out if the Chargers end up staying in SD. The Raiders do already have a good amount of fans in the LA area (probably more so than Rams fans, honestly), but I'm not sure if Mark Davis would be able to swallow his pride and share a stadium with another NFL team.

My opinion on the situation:

Mark Davis prefers not to share a stadium. NFL has pushed for him to share the 49ers stadium for years and he wants no part of it. Also, while Kroenke did what he had to do to get the LA deal done, I think he wants no part of the Raiders in LA do due the major competition they would bring due to their popularity in southern Cali. Kroenke gives zero shits about the product on the field, he wants the Rams to be LA's premier football brand, and that becomes a question with the Raiders.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
One of a variety of reasons I'm glad we didn't break the bank for Josh Norman when we could have:

Detroit Lions' extra cap space GM Bob Quinn's rainy day fund

ALLEN PARK -- Cap space in the NFL is fluid, but as it currently stands, the Detroit Lions have more than $17 million at their disposal. That's after signing or re-signing 24 players in free agency.

General manager Bob Quinn has been judicious with his spending in his first offseason. While he hasn't been afraid to pull the trigger on a significant long-term deal, as illustrated by the five-year, $40 million pact awarded to wide receiver Marvin Jones, each signing has been fiscally responsible, with both short- and long-term ramifications carefully considered.

But after the initial wave of free agency, where teams typically spend their funds, the Lions are left with a surprising surplus.

Obviously, the Lions will need some cap space to sign their upcoming draft class. There's also plans to extend cornerback Darius Slay's contract, and a prorated portion of a signing bonus can be attached to this year's cap. In total, you're looking at approximately $5 million.

The rest of the cap space? It's for a rainy day -- stuff like injury replacements or possibly other teams' late offseason releases.

And remember, whatever the Lions don't use this year, it carries over to the next, when the other members of the team's 2013 draft class, sans Ezekiel Ansah, are set to become free agents. Some extra spending money could certainly come in handy for those negotiations.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ss...xtra_cap_space.html#incart_river_mobile_index

Martin Mayhew's 2013 draft was something else. That's how Super Bowl teams are built.

1st Round - Ziggy Ansah, Pro Bowl

2nd Round - Darius Slay, Shutdown corner, future Pro Bowler

3rd Round - Larry Warford, Pro Bowl

4th round - Devin Taylor, Solid starting defensive end who started opposite of Jadeveon Clowney at USC

5th Round - Sam Martin, One of the best punters in the game

6th Round - Theo Riddick, Led all RBs in receptions last year and is a game changer

One of the best in the past decade easily. I'm glad we didn't waste cap space on Suh in hindsight and I love the moves Bob Quinn has made in terms of free agent signings and still saving cap space.

The Patriots Way.

One of a variety of reasons I'm glad we didn't break the bank for Josh Norman when we could have:

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ss...xtra_cap_space.html#incart_river_mobile_index

Martin Mayhew's 2013 draft was something else. That's how Super Bowl teams are built.

4th round - Devin Taylor, Solid starting defensive end who started opposite of Jadeveon Clowney at USC

6th Round - Theo Riddick, Led all RBs in receptions last year and is a game changer

One of the best in the past decade easily. I'm glad we didn't waste cap space on Suh in hindsight and I love the moves Bob Quinn has made in terms of free agent signings and still saving cap space.

The Patriots Way.
Sorry. I'm not around much.

Is this sarcasm?

The Patriots Way.

Are yall finished or yall done

Top Bottom