• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.

igTVEFR.gif

Milchjon

Pretty sure I dreamed I visited eznark's compound.

I also dreamed of being in the middle of a terrible war.

Pretty sure the two were connected somehow.

Sexy pick, Zeke

Realistically, they'd go with Rankins, but I have a feeling the Raiders going to trade back with someone to get some extra picks. They'll be running the 5-2-4 on passing downs with Bruce Irvin as the 5th lineman (Or Aldon when he's back), Edwards gets amazing push up the middle and it was evident when he went out that Mack suffered from it. We need another pass rushing capable DT/DE.

Even if Jack were there I wouldn't take a gamble on him if his knee really is about to implode again. If you take a risk on someone like him, take a gamble on Jaylon Smith in the 4th or 5th round, stash him on IR and pray.

We need to grab Karl Joseph or Vonn Bell in the 2nd.
if Zeke falls that far.. They really should take him. That is the absolute last piece that offense would need and on paper assuming their performance carries over from last year.. Would be scary as shit.

And Vonn Bell.. So many Buckeyes.

effzee

I didn't have the time to participate, but my pick at this point would be Hargreaves. Shut down corner potential to pair with Eric Row. Could be the makings of a young dominant secondary (finally) to go along with a good group of safeties in McLeod and Jenkins.

Plus with Nolan coming back on another 1 year contract off a major injury I am not sure I trust the secondary as is going into the season.

Though I wouldn't mind Elliot because I think he would be an instant sparkplug which would open things up for everyone from Bradford to the WRs and TEs. I think defenses would have to plan for him. Yet I feel like they could still find a gem of a RB in the later rounds. Honestly wouldn't mind Elliot and would have no reservations but I always lean defense over offense, especially for a CB.

OT would be another obvious, safe, and good choice but with Peters back (for another year at least), Eagles need depth at T and starting level Guards more than a bookend T just yet. Conklin would be the pick and I wouldn't mind at all.

Really Eagles are in a good spot - my picks in order would be Hargreaves, Elliot, and then Conklin.

Hindl

Seems like it's either Hargreaves or Zeke, with Hargreaves winning. If no one else wants to I can do a write up in a bit

LJ11

Where you been? Draft picks are your thing. We have a system. You're the knowledgeable, measured one, I'm the drunk, zubaz wearking dude flicking boogers on anybody wearing a Pats jersey.

Honestly, I've just been busy, I drive by post here and there.

I want Doctson bro, Woods is a FA and we have zero WR depth.

rando14

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
.@JeffDarlington describes the #Browns as "actively shopping" No. 2, with Sashi Brown making calls inside the Top 10. Fun is just beginning.

Browns wheelin' and dealin'!! Get hype Browns GAF \o/

dionysus

Yaldog
Are there any Saints fans left in this thread? Or is my ignorant ass going to come up with the pick. Best Defensive Player Available if I do it, probably something on the D-line going by what is likely available.

Fantomex

Hey fam. How do you feel about being stuck with Jeff Fisher for another few seasons.

I'm not really trippin. He's gonna hit a homerun with the QB and go 10-6 or be a bust and he'll get fired. It's a win win for Ramsnation at this point.

Hindl

Well if no one else will:

Despite the final tally, early in the season, the Eagles defense was playing very well. There's talent at all 3 levels of the defense that was being squandered by Billy Davis' terrible schemes and Chip Kelly's fast-paced offense going 3 and out all the time. The addition of Jim Schwartz should bring back the hard-hitting Philly Defense that's been missing since the passing of Jim Johnson. Between new players brought in to fit the scheme and as several of the Eagles' young stars already a better fit for the 4-3, this should be a formidable defense. One big weakness, however, is the CB position. Eric Rowe had a promising rookie season, and hopefully can build on that to become a top tier CB in the coming years. However, opposite him are a bunch of guys that are just ok. Pairing Rowe with another young star could push the defense over the edge. Enter Vernon Hargreaves.

Hargreaves has good instinct and is an aggressive defender. He can jam at the line and fight off defended balls. Occasionally Hargreaves will be too aggressive and will either be be baited by a smart QB or lose a step against great route runners. However, this should be balanced by his ball hawk nature causing plenty of turnovers and passes defended. Hargreaves reminds me of Asante Samuel, and him and Rowe should have the CB position locked down for years to come.

It was hard to decide between Hargreaves and Ezekiel Elliot, who could provide the lackluster Eagles offense with a weapon people would have to plan for. However, this is a team that needs a lot more talent than one guy on the offense. Meanwhile, adding another young piece to a young defense stocked with talent could push this team over the edge.

Eagles select: Vernon Hargreaves III, CB Florida

Godslay

Banned
It's only April, but this made my ears perk up a bit, which is good considering CJ hasn't always been in the best shape.

according to Andy Lindahl, who does the sideline reporting for the Broncos on 850 KOA and hosts an afternoon weekday radio show with Ed McCaffrey and Romi Bean on Denver Sports 760, Anderson looks as fit as he's ever seen. Lindahl said on his show on Monday that you can see that on Anderson's face.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2016/4/19/11455882/horse-tracks-c-j-anderson-looks-fit-ready-to-become-the-no-1-back-for

effzee

Well if no one else will:

Despite the final tally, early in the season, the Eagles defense was playing very well. There's talent at all 3 levels of the defense that was being squandered by Billy Davis' terrible schemes and Chip Kelly's fast-paced offense going 3 and out all the time. The addition of Jim Schwartz should bring back the hard-hitting Philly Defense that's been missing since the passing of Jim Johnson. Between new players brought in to fit the scheme and as several of the Eagles' young stars already a better fit for the 4-3, this should be a formidable defense. One big weakness, however, is the CB position. Eric Rowe had a promising rookie season, and hopefully can build on that to become a top tier CB in the coming years. However, opposite him are a bunch of guys that are just ok. Pairing Rowe with another young star could push the defense over the edge. Enter Vernon Hargreaves.

Hargreaves has good instinct and is an aggressive defender. He can jam at the line and fight off defended balls. Occasionally Hargreaves will be too aggressive and will either be be baited by a smart QB or lose a step against great route runners. However, this should be balanced by his ball hawk nature causing plenty of turnovers and passes defended. Hargreaves reminds me of Asante Samuel, and him and Rowe should have the CB position locked down for years to come.

It was hard to decide between Hargreaves and Ezekiel Elliot, who could provide the lackluster Eagles offense with a weapon people would have to plan for. However, this is a team that needs a lot more talent than one guy on the offense. Meanwhile, adding another young piece to a young defense stocked with talent could push this team over the edge.

Eagles select: Vernon Hargreaves III, CB Florida

Great write up thanks!

bionic77

Hindi your 3 and out comment reminded me of something.

I think one thing that elevates the Broncos and Ravens 2000 D above a lot of other great defenses is that they were able to continue to be dominant even though they often got zero help from their offense (one other thing that separates the Ravens D from other great defenses was their propensity for committing murder and getting away with it). As good as the Steelers D was in 2008, our offense was not quite that putrid. And the offense actually pulled out a lot of last minute wins. That team was more of a team instead of the one sided affairs we saw from the Broncos last year.

In the AFC title game it felt like the Broncos had like 7 or 8 3 and outs in a row. Made the game a lot closer than it should have been. Peyton played so badly in the playoffs I almost think that he should get one of those shit rings they give to the concessions people or the cheerleaders. He was not deserving of the real SB ring. Only the D, the FG kicker and the punter did anything to contribute to those wins.

Top Bottom