• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 10 |OT| - The Dream is Dead.

There was a thread in the OT the other day saying that the Republicans cant wait to impeach Trump and that they just used him to get Pence in place.
Cause that won't piss the base off.. no sir..

They're not impeaching him.. short of him (and I mean having direct evidence) of him being complicit in a murder.

It's entertaining, horrifying and surreal (a whole mix bag of emotions) trying to watch the GOP try and actually govern.. McConnell (he who lambasted Obama's environmental policy and said he's killing jobs in coal country and without those, coal would be back) publicly admitted that Coal isn't coming back, it's economically impossible for it do so.

Whoops

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Unless he can pull his shit together and bully congress altogether AND his insane promises start to come true, I see a real chance of him getting impeached. Could be for something as stupid as a tweet too.

It is actually pretty difficult to govern, even within your own party.

Repubs are smart and will try to get the easy shit out of the way (i.e. taxes, immigration, etc) that they naturally agree on. If Trump is smart he will hold that shit hostage to get his demands done that they naturally oppose (killing trade agreements, term limits, etc.).

The real bet is when the love between Rs and Trump turns into something similar to the intense hatred most of us feel towards him.

There was a thread in the OT the other day saying that the Republicans cant wait to impeach Trump and that they just used him to get Pence in place.

You guys are so unreasonably optimistic and assuming that republicans in Congress aren't also at risk of being primary'd back home by even more radical Trumpist contenders when we're living in a time when people HATE career politicians.

Zee-Row

Banned
Jesus Christ now people on Tampa radio are making a big deal about Mike Evans not standing for the flag. I wish people had this same passion against discrimination and not a piece of cloth.

You guys are so unreasonably optimistic and assuming that republicans in Congress aren't also at risk of being primary'd back home by even more radical Trumpist contenders when we're living in a time when people HATE career politicians.

This is why I have big hopes for Obama's post-presidency push to fix redisctrictin/gerrymandering. He can sell it as a way to get the career politicians out and get politicians that actually represent the people in. I really hope this happens.

Cause that won't piss the base off.. no sir..

They're not impeaching him.. short of him (and I mean having direct evidence) of him being complicit in a murder.

It's entertaining, horrifying and surreal (a whole mix bag of emotions) trying to watch the GOP try and actually govern.. McConnell (he who lambasted Obama's environmental policy and said he's killing jobs in coal country and without those, coal would be back) publicly admitted that Coal isn't coming back, it's economically impossible for it do so.

Whoops

Crazy that one of Trumps campaign promises was to lift the ban on coal and bring all those coal jobs back. I cant for the life of me understand how the Hillary camp couldnt come up with any real way to counteract all the crazy stuff the Trump said during his campaign.

Imagine being the QB who finally does make Cleveland relevant again though!
I can imagine what would happen 🤔...
image1.jpg

Bread

Banned
hillary should have backed breadstream, would have given her the blue collar white vote.

but no. she decides to work with spincenter and look what happened!

Spinluck

I can't believe GB got blown the fuck out by the Titans. Holy shit they are bad.

Must win game against the Titans next week. Not holding my breath. I still kind of don't want us to make the playoffs. No point with the current state of things.

cdyhybrid

I can't believe GB got blown the fuck out by the Titans. Holy shit they are bad.

Must win game against the Titans next week. Not holding my breath. I still kind of don't want us to make the playoffs. No point with the current state of things.
Mariota too good

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.

I wonder which receiver Indy will draft this year.

bionic77

People forget history, even when it is only 8 years ago.

Obama was elected in a landslide to bring change to Washington (sound familiar?). His two biggest promises were to end the Iraq war and to try and provide healthcare for everyone. Those good feelings between Obama, the country and his own fellow democrats only lasted a few months.

People got incredibly angry at the Dems for doing exactly what they promised to do because that is how stupid people are. Along the way many compromises had to be made even though the Dems controlled both houses and the WH. For going along with Obama many of those Dems lost their seats (which they knew they would do).

Obama got them to sacrifice themselves to achieve a campaign promise. Maybe the Republicans will do the same thing, but it surely won't be easy and I would not bet on it myself.

The one thing that we can look forward to next year is Switch. Which is going to heal the devisors in this country and bring happiness to all of us. The other thing will be watching Fox in full damage control mode.

Its going to be great!

My condolences on the Packers btw. Want to schedule their funeral on the same day as the Steelers?

Tom Penny

Derrell Revis is an OLD.

Pack it up.

The Browns targeted him 15 times in a game this year. Let that one sink in. He's that bad now yet he's probably an upgrade to the Pats secondary SMH

On a side note I'm watching planet earth 2 ep 2 and I've seen entire sections before in other documentaries. I thought it would be all new :(

Line_HTX

No, you must win out and win the division. It's yours.

bionic77

hillary should have backed breadstream, would have given her the blue collar white vote.

but no. she decides to work with spincenter and look what happened!
Bread I forget to tell you

I mistakenly got your thank you card from Hillary. I was only a gold donor. Your letter called you a multiplatinum you get to be the ambassador to Fiji donor. How much do you have to give to get in that category?

MechDX

Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout 19m19 minutes ago
Worth noting that the #Patriots are projected to have over $64M to spend in free agency (h/t @spotrac)

Wonder how Belichik will not spend it

Pepiope

Uh wait. I thought intention didn't matter?

Jeff McLane ✔ @Jeff_McLane
Doug Pederson said on WIP that the NFL's response to last week's helmet slap on Carson Wentz was that it was unintentional.

Edit:

Jeff McLane ‏@Jeff_McLane 5h5 hours ago
Jeff McLane Retweeted Jeff McLane
CORRECTION: Pederson said NFL response was that helmet slap was incidental not unintentional. My apologies.

Same question. Why does that matter?

People forget history, even when it is only 8 years ago.

Obama was elected in a landslide to bring change to Washington (sound familiar?). His two biggest promises were to end the Iraq war and to try and provide healthcare for everyone. Those good feelings between Obama, the country and his own fellow democrats only lasted a few months.

People got incredibly angry at the Dems for doing exactly what they promised to do because that is how stupid people are. Along the way many compromises had to be made even though the Dems controlled both houses and the WH. For going along with Obama many of those Dems lost their seats (which they knew they would do).

Obama got them to sacrifice themselves to achieve a campaign promise. Maybe the Republicans will do the same thing, but it surely won't be easy and I would not bet on it myself.

The one thing that we can look forward to next year is Switch. Which is going to heal the devisors in this country and bring happiness to all of us. The other thing will be watching Fox in full damage control mode.

Its going to be great!

My condolences on the Packers btw. Want to schedule their funeral on the same day as the Steelers?

I still dont get why the dems didnt force things through during the beginning of Obamas first term. They wasted so much time trying to reach agreements with the tea party nuts jobs, and in the end we got much worse versions of things. Obamacare is a great idea, but the actual law we got is fucking terrible. Also a huge campaign promise from Obama was that he would close gitmo, 8 years later and it is still open. His drone strike program has also been a complet6e disaster. Obama seems like a super likable guy, and it is clear that he really does care about the country but he was way to willing to compromise in the beginning and we are all paying the price for it now.

Uh wait. I thought intention didn't matter?

Jeff McLane ✔ @Jeff_McLane
Doug Pederson said on WIP that the NFL's response to last week's helmet slap on Carson Wentz was that it was unintentional.

The way I took it was that he wouldn't be fined because it was unintentional, but that it should have been called.

We made plenty of other mistakes, but that was an obvious call, and we win the game if the refs get it right.

Agree, but it wasn't as egregious as the hit on Jordan Matthews yesterday. Apparently people in the crowd had to be restrained from rushing the field. Matthews came off the field and had to be fitted for a new face mask because his was dented/broken after the force of the hit to his helmet.

Spin plz. When was the last time we beat you guys?

bionic77

I still dont get why the dems didnt force things through during the beginning of Obamas first term. They wasted so much time trying to reach agreements with the tea party nuts jobs, and in the end we got much worse versions of things. Obamacare is a great idea, but the actual law we got is fucking terrible. Also a huge campaign promise from Obama was that he would close gitmo, 8 years later and it is still open. His drone strike program has also been a complet6e disaster. Obama seems like a super likable guy, and it is clear that he really does care about the country but he was way to willing to compromise in the beginning and we
I like how he says he doesnt want to say anything, but then he says that he is hopefully and optimistic about the country moving forward under Trump.
He is a total bitch and coward.

Fucking bitch. He knows it is wrong and did it anyways.
are all paying the price for it now.
It is a lot harder to govern than people think.

Even on things you can agree on. Everyone wants something and it is hard enough to please your own party.

One thing Obama did badly was not explaining his healthcare plan convincingly. The Repubs messaging was way better.

Top Bottom