• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 10 |OT| - The Dream is Dead.

I still dont get why the dems didnt force things through during the beginning of Obamas first term. They wasted so much time trying to reach agreements with the tea party nuts jobs, and in the end we got much worse versions of things. Obamacare is a great idea, but the actual law we got is fucking terrible. Also a huge campaign promise from Obama was that he would close gitmo, 8 years later and it is still open. His drone strike program has also been a complet6e disaster. Obama seems like a super likable guy, and it is clear that he really does care about the country but he was way to willing to compromise in the beginning and we are all paying the price for it now.
Because Obama (as did the rest of us clearly) clearly underestimated how far gone the GOP at least in terms of sanity.. he assumes that he could bring everyone together with his charisma and charm and that didn't happen..

Obama did make it a promise to close Gitmo.. but he doesn't have the authority to do that.. Congress does.. in his defense.. he tried to make it so that it can be closed by making it more costly with prisoner exchanges and whatnot so that the GOP would bite on that fiscal conservatism trip (which they never do). In his defense, it's not easy to try and get congress to step in time to try and pass any meaningful legislation under good circumstances.. it took all amount of effort to get Dodd-Frank and the ACA passed..

Obamacare is (well soon to be was.. unfortunately.. hopefully I'm wrong on that) flawed arguably because of two reasons.. The Court and Joe Lieberman.

Hell.. you don't include what is arguably his biggest mistake.. not maintaining the DNC so that is at least competitive in states..

Part of the reason I wish Hillary had won in 08 over Barry.. I think that the Dems would have been better served if the inverse happened.

Because Obama (as did the rest of us clearly) clearly underestimated how far gone the GOP at least in terms of sanity.. he assumes that he could bring everyone together with his charisma and charm and that didn't happen..

Obama did make it a promise to close Gitmo.. but he doesn't have the authority to do that.. Congress does.. in his defense.. he tried to make it so that it can be closed by making it more costly with prisoner exchanges and whatnot so that the GOP would bite on that fiscal conservatism trip (which they never do). In his defense, it's not easy to try and get congress to step in time to try and pass any meaningful legislation under good circumstances.. it took all amount of effort to get Dodd-Frank and the ACA passed..

Obamacare is (well soon to be was.. unfortunately.. hopefully I'm wrong on that) flawed arguably because of two reasons.. The Court and Joe Lieberman.

Hell.. you don't include what is arguably his biggest mistake.. not maintaining the DNC so that is at least competitive in states..

Part of the reason I wish Hillary had won in 08 over Barry.. I think that the Dems would have been better served if the inverse happened.

My god would Obama have destroyed Trump in the election. It would have been a massacre. You say that Obama doesnt have the power to close gitmo, but he has passed a bunch of other stuff by executive order, I dont understand why that would be any different.

squicken

AFCS: no one wants to win it.

Except the Jags but they can't

Texans take crap but they beat KC and lost to 3 teams with winning records. Brock sucks but their defense is legit. KC gets praise for being terrible on offense but winning with a good defense. Don't see why Houston can't get similar praise

According to Shefter, the Broncos/Chefs game on the 27th was flexed to SNF in the place of Jets/Pats

Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump)You have made a powerful enemy today NBC. My good friend Tom Brady deserves to be on SNF, especially after all he did to help me get elected.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
My god would Obama have destroyed Trump in the election. It would have been a massacre. You say that Obama doesnt have the power to close gitmo, but he has passed a bunch of other stuff by executive order, I dont understand why that would be any different.

I beleive it is in the annual military budget bill. Congress puts a restriction on tranferring gitmo detainees to US soil.

I beleive it is in the annual military budget bill. Congress puts a restriction on tranferring gitmo detainees to US soil.
Yup..

I personally believe he'd win if he were so inclined..

DM, your thoughts..

“I’m not into shock and awe or torch the landscape,” McCarthy said, via Rob Demovsky of ESPN.com. “I’m a builder. I’m a developer. You build a culture, you invest in the culture. We look to adjust and tweak on a daily basis.”

McCarthy also made it clear that he’s not doubting his ability to make the necessary adjustments.

“Let’s state the facts: I’m a highly successful NFL coach,” McCarthy said. “With that, I’ve never looked at the ride to this point as smooth.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/11/14/mike-mccarthy-im-a-highly-successful-nfl-coach/

squicken

icalledit.gif

It's like if you had to think of the most charismatic public figure that's universally liked more than anyone else to run for president: it'd be the Rock.

I kinda get the sense he is a Republican, though. Would he challenge Trump in a primary? Of course Trump will be 74 by then

I kinda get the sense he is a Republican, though. Would he challenge Trump in a primary? Of course Trump will be 74 by then
I believe he is a registered republican..

I mean.. he could if he wanted to in theory.. Reagan did it 1976 against Ford at the RNC I believe and almost won for one example.. but generally.. parties rightfully avoid it because incumbent advantage is a wonderful thing.

jmdajr

Texans take crap but they beat KC and lost to 3 teams with winning records. Brock sucks but their defense is legit. KC gets praise for being terrible on offense but winning with a good defense. Don't see why Houston can't get similar praise

I guess our wins don't seem like much, but two team we beat are currently the AFC 2nd seed, and NFC forth seed.

Texans should have beaten the Pats! Massive, massive choke job.

bionic77

I'm a highly successful NFL GAF poster.
Don't post in that thread about how much savings you need to feel secure bro.

They ain't ready for that.

I am getting too old. I was actually shocked at what people have in savings. I forgot old, no money bionic...

Sephzilla

I'm a highly successful NFL coach

.... Okay, McCarthy has apparently been buying into his own press a little bit.

McCarthy has been coach for over a decade, has had two Hall of Fame level quarterbacks his entire career, and only has one Super Bowl to show for it even though the Packers have been beating up on a division that has been mostly weak during McCarthy's tenure. Let's also take into account that, outside of the Super Bowl year, McCarthy's playoff record is actually pretty bad.

Eh, when I buy a new house next year we'll be using basically out entire savings to do it. No more rainy day fund. Super risky, I know, but we've decided to keep our current condo as an investment property rather than sell it when we buy the new place. Crossing my fingers Trump doesn't tank the economy!

Tom Penny

They told me not to have most of my money in a money market account so I invested half of it in a brokerage account with stocks and have gotten smoked so far.

Hindl

So the Eagles have had an open roster spot for like a month now, what are the odds that Howie just forgot to fill it?

You mean the practice squad? There was only an open spot for a week after Huff was let go, and that was filled by Aaron Grymes being signed from the practice squad.

Top Bottom