• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 10 |OT| - The Dream is Dead.

Good morning, NFL-GAF.

I went to sleep before the inevitable took place. Seeing a lot of chaos on social media and in OT and all sorts of reactions making sense or everything or gloating in it. After seeing a few regulars here depart whether by choice or through moderation, I kinda thought about how even though I'm not as conversational or friendly here as everyone else is I just want to say I think this is a great community that I don't want to take for granted. I'm not going to stop posting or anything. I slept maybe four hours, waking up on and off and sweating about what's to come down the line for his country. I'm not even trying to sound dire. I just want to say that I'm grateful for a group of people like you guys and just trying to gain perspective.

I'm trying not to overreact. Just legit frightened. But anyway, thanks for letting me be part of this community.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Not trying to make a joke, but I wonder if the NE/SEA game has a significant spike in ratings.

I still can't believe this. A man who became famous for a reality TV show became president of the United States. A man who said NATO is a load of shit, climate change is a hoax fabricated by the Chinese and is backed by fucking Putin. Those delusional, old red neck, fucking shit for brains are actually supporting this man to not just fuck up the US, but to ruin the whole fucking world. Imagine him doing the state of the union, this fucking tv character addressing the nation. It feels like we're living inside a bad TV show.

I still can't believe this. A man who became famous for a reality TV show became president of the United States. A man who said NATO is a load of shit, climate change is a hoax fabricated by the Chinese and is backed by fucking Putin. Those delusional, old red neck, fucking shit for brains are actually supporting this man to not just fuck up the US, but to ruin the whole fucking world. Imagine him doing the state of the union, this fucking tv character addressing the nation. It feels like we're living inside a bad TV show.

Bin Laden won.

Well, Putin seemed happy in his speech this morning.

I FUCKING WONDER WHY

This is such bullshit

Bin Laden won.

Basically. All the fucking fear mongering and the hate Trump and every short sighted racist right wing cunt squad scattered around the world have been spreading, have lead to all this. A world where we are unreasonably scared of an entire group of people based on their beliefs and ethnicity and can blame everything that'a wrong on them. Thinking that getting rid of them one way or another would suddenly fix everything. Worked so fucking well for the Germans during the 1930s. 60 Million Americans support this bullshit.

Tom Penny

We are going from Trump to Kanye in 4 years.

Well, Putin seemed happy in his speech this morning.
He is the biggest winner out of last night..

He probably had the biggest orgasm with the results because he can get away with Syria, Ukraine, and almost anything else he wants..

We are going from Trump to Kanye in 4 years.
I mean you say that.. but at this point.. he probably could get votes and turnout..

So far.. it looks like she is going to win the popular vote and lose the Electoral College..

It's 2000 on steroids

He is the biggest winner out of last night..

He probably had the biggest orgasm with the results because he can get away with Syria, Ukraine, and almost anything else he wants.

Well he helped Trump win, so he deserves something (Eastern Europe) in return. Get that old Soviet Union band back together again.

Hindl

I'm numb. I don't know what else to say. So meant people's lives are going to be fucked. I just want to say this is a great community and I love you all. Hopefully we can ride this out together

Slo

Morning friends. I feel like 30 years as a Viking fan have uniquely conditioned me to cope with disappointments such as this.

BigAT

Sigh, need to update the OP now that Ohio took another L and moved to 0-10.

Wxbkko4.png

Just fucking fantastic.

Fox318

Hillary was always the wrong canidate to run and too many top level democrats sat it out.

We didn't have a John Edwards, Joe Biden, and Barack Obama challenging in the primary and ultimately somebody the electorate didn't like who didn't have a clear message just handed the Senate. Supreme court, house, and and presidency to somebody who could alter 50 years of us policy.

Well he helped Trump win, so he deserves something (Eastern Europe) in return. Get that old Soviet Union band back together again.
At this point.. he might try that and get away with it.. he won the Cold War Round Two with ease after last night.. it would almost be impressive were it not so unbelievably frightening and depressing.

We have to hope for the Goppers in the Senate to stand up to him.. (they aren't, he got them to 53 seats and they are going to nuke the filibuster and be able to shove through anything they want.. Paul Ryan probably busted all kinds of nuts too as he can shove his tax plan through Congress with no resistance.. Trump could probably start a Kiss His Ass Club a la WWE and he could legitimately get Priebus, Ryan, and McConnell to do it with what he did.)

Gobias

Banned
Part of me feels like leaving Ohio would just be another young liberal fleeing the rust belt making it more red, but most of me is pretty much fuck this state I don't owe them anything.

Gata just wanna say all joking aside the Pats aren't evil and aren't connected to Trump just because it's public that whoever supports him.

No team is evil or pure.

We all need our team to root for now just to get some reprieve from this reality
Yeah I know but I can't support people who act one way and then do that.

Fox318

I wouldn't be shocked if we see major NATO funding and forces pull out of Europe.

Things like the missile defense program might go bye bye and Europe would be forced with actually having a United military.

Nations like Sweeten that didn't spend a ton in defense are gonna have to invest and train troops to act as a russian deturant

I was gonna change my name to Dutch Brown, but I don't want to anymore. Have to decide on who I'm going to root for until Belichick and Brady are gone.

I wouldn't be shocked if we see major NATO funding and forces pull out of Europe.

Things like the missile defense program might go bye bye and Europe would be forced with actually having a United military.

Nations like Sweeten that didn't spend a ton in defense are gonna have to invest and train troops to act as a russian deturant

Like Russia gives a flying fuck about Sweden. They have a complete carte-Blanche now that they have their personal little bitch in the White House. Eastern Europe is fucked beyond believe.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Sigh, need to update the OP now that Ohio took another L and moved to 0-10.

Wxbkko4.png

Just fucking fantastic.

8 points holy shit.

Polls were off like 7 points on average throughout the whole rust belt. Trump really did do the impossible even though we all thought that his rallies were just the fringe.

I just slept 4 hours and I still can't believe what is happening. I'm not really exactly sad because I wasn't very high on Clinton...I'm just shocked and have no idea how this is going to play out.

Like the best case scenario is that he governs from his own heart, which was usually pretty moderate for most of his life.
Also at least he has experience being a leader of a multinational corporation and schmoozing with people. If he's Reagan #2 but just with a super shitty behind closed doors mentality, that might also be the best case scenario. I'm hoping so much now that we're just living in an era of exaggerated social media and that lots of former presidents were as bad or worse but we just didn't know it.

Edit: internationally he won't be Reagan. He'll go isolationist if anything and give Putin Eastern Europe. Russia is going to get their "EU" after all and the EU will be powerless to stop it without the US military.

It's just all unknown territory honestly. There's a real possibility he could simultaneously push through extreme left AND right ideas through because I can't imagine him being beholden to some kind of specific platform. It's going to be so surreal.

At least you will be in Columbus. The lone blue spot in a sea of red as seen above. It actually is a pretty nice city.

What's there to see in Columbus anyway that I can get to without a car? I'm probably going to do a cursory lookaround of Ohio State.

Fox318

I'm sure all the NFL owners and players are happy. Their tax cut is gonna be coming soon.

Plus we could see unions busted up.

bionic77

Have not been this depressed in a long time.

I thought Brexit was as dumb as a country could go. Well of course us being Merica we just have to do everything just a little bit bigger.

The only consolation is now all the stupid racist fucks who caused this yesterday can't blame anyone but themselves. You brainless shitheads wanted Trump well now you got it.

Hopefully we do not suffer too much for ignorance, hatred or stupidity.

Honestly I might just call off work. :(

I thought Brexit was as dumb as a country could go. Well of course us being Merica we just have to do everything just a little bit bigger.

The only consolation is now all the stupid racist fucks who caused this yesterday can't blame anyone but themselves. You brainless shitheads wanted Trump well now you got it.

I had 4 hours of class this morning and couldn't contribute shit. I'm completely stunned by all this.

They will blame the Blacks or Mexicans..

Trump will scapegoat and his base will buy it..

If the wall doesn't get built.. it's someone else's fault..

Newt Gingrich was a genius and this validates what he pursued in 90's in Congress.. we are in a post-factual world and "Truthiness" reigns supreme..

Gobias

Banned
What's there to see in Columbus anyway that I can get to without a car? I'm probably going to do a cursory lookaround of Ohio State.

Just a heads up Ohio State's campus is a miserable mess right now. In terms of actual shit to see there's nothing really that sticks out, but you should probably at least go around the Arena District, German Village, and the Short North, which is right by campus. There's the botanical gardens, COSI, and the Columbus Museum of Art, but I haven't been to any of those places in years. The Columbus Zoo is one of the most famous in the country if you're into that. Should probably eat at one of the standard Columbus restaurants like The Thurman Café

Edit: Without a car might be a problem. I have never used Columbus transportation and I don't imagine it's very good.

Top Bottom