• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 10 |OT| - The Dream is Dead.

Hindl

That is definitely not what happened.

Rich and educated people did not vote for Trump.

It was poor and uneducated people who put him in the white house. Lets not pretend that he is a normal R candidate.

What really happened was more like "My shit is fucked up so lets burn it all down and dance on the ashes"

This isn't true:

Cw0OV_MXEAAm9QW

Margins are close, but above a certain income people went for Trump

bionic77

Pretty much.

20 million people could be out of health care by febuary.

Who knows what enrolment will look like.

Stop and frisk laws get expanded to all 50 states with RG as AG.
That is constitutional. Rudy can't just emperor that shit.

They can change policy but the SC decides what is legal and what is not when it concerns stopping and searching citizens.

Politically that doesn't make any sense. What is more likely is they will increase sentencing on people who murder cops. Even the nazi stuff on muslims is a tricky one because of that infernal constitution. If they do that they will disguise it as a tough on terrorism law (which will also be challenged in court, but with the clowns they appoint who knows).

Buckle up motherfuckers. We in for a bumpy ass ride.

Pretty much.

20 million people could be out of health care by febuary.

Who knows what enrolment will look like.

Stop and frisk laws get expanded to all 50 states with RG as AG.

BUT OBAMA CARE WAS SHIT! TRUMP WILL ABOLISH IT AND REPLACE IT WITH [...].

Nobody fucking knows once again, since screaming the first part was easy, and the second part wasn't. Didn't matter for 60 million Americans though, as long as we have a wall and deport the Muslims and other minorities! Make America White Again should have been his real slogan.

squicken

Trump got 2 million less votes than Romney. Hillary got 6.5m less votes than Obama '12 and 10m less than Obama '08. I think the race/gender stuff is way overplayed. Dems stayed home b/c Hillary was a terrible candidate

Talk of bringing back jobs and then see this:

Tyrel Linkhorn
‏@BladeAutoWriter
The bigger news for Ohio is that GM will cut third shift and 1,200 jobs in Northeast Ohio as it scales back small car production.

Christ.

I'm away for work in a particulary trashy part of California, and the discussion around me is so hard to listen to.

In football news; the first place Ravens will lose to the Browns in a few days.

They can change policy but the SC decides what is legal and what is not when it concerns stopping and searching citizens.

Politically that doesn't make any sense. What is more likely is they will increase sentencing on people who murder cops. Even the nazi stuff on muslims is a tricky one because of that infernal constitution. If they do that they will disguise it as a tough on terrorism law (which will also be challenged in court, but with the clowns they appoint who knows).

You keep talking about the constitution, but Trump can't even spell the word, let alone know what it is or says.

Zeke

Man work is dead and it's quiet as hell think lots of people stayed home today. Fuck Brady, Fuck the pats and Fuck that hoody wearing bitch.

Fox318

Problem is I don't see anyone stoping trump.

I could see him appoint every supreme court justice without Senate approval.

Hell we could see Sean Hannity as his chief of staff.

bionic77

You keep talking about the constitution, but Trump can't even spell the word, let alone know what it is or says.
Not even dictator Trump can get around that filthy old document without the SC or an amendment. An amendment is pretty much impossible.

His best option is the Supreme Court but that is slow as fuck and no guarantee no matter who he appoints.

I am pretty sure he lost college educated, but did better than expected with this and many other groups which is why he is now our fucking president.

He won big with college educated white people. Probably due to the R next to his name more than his message though.

Not even dictator Trump can get around that filthy old document without the SC or an amendment. An amendment is pretty much impossible.

His best option is the Supreme Court but that is slow as fuck and no guarantee no matter who he appoints.

He can put whoever the fuck he wants in the Supreme Court tho, right?

He won big with college educated white people. Probably due to the R next to his name more than his message though.

Maybe it was due to his sound policies.

bionic77

Problem is I don't see anyone stoping trump.

I could see him appoint every supreme court justice without Senate approval.

Hell we could see Sean Hannity as his chief of staff.
There is only so much even he can do even with the house and senate.

There is one thing people are forgetting. It is a fuck ton easier to criticize and complain than it is to govern. Think back to Obama in 08. He also had a clean slate to do whatever he wanted. And he spent it in that first two years to deliver on campaign promises that got him elected. And what happened? People turn on the exact things he promised to give them and the Republicans came back in force 2 years later. A lot of Ds pushed back on those same things because they knew they would lose their jobs (and to their credit a lot of them supported him even at a heavy cost to themselves).

Trump may not give a fuck about tomorrow or what happens to anyone else, but the Republicans are still going to be worried about their seats and jobs 2 years from now. They will reign him or at least try to on things that are going to blow up in their face.

Also, he can only appoint one person right now to the court. And even on that Republicans will have a big fucking say on. He can just put Judge Judy up there and except a rubber stamp.

It is easier to complain then it is to actually govern.

Wish the stupid children in this country actually fucking read or paid attention to anything so this wouldn't come as a surprise to everyone every 2 years.

Slo

This isn't true:

Margins are close, but above a certain income people went for Trump

That chart is factual, but it's not showing velocity. While wealthier people trended towards Democrat (but still voted slightly Republican), poorer people trended HEAVILY towards Republican (while still voting Democratic overall.

The combination swayed the result.

VwjMs49.png

Zeke

Trump got 2 million less votes than Romney. Hillary got 6.5m less votes than Obama '12 and 10m less than Obama '08. I think the race/gender stuff is way overplayed. Dems stayed home b/c Hillary was a terrible candidate
One thing you gotta give gop voters is they are well disciplined when it comes to falling in line.

squicken

I am shocked. I thought turnout would be higher.

There was all that stuff about high turnout in FL yesterday and I think we all assumed it would be that kind of election. The polls and data and pundits were just way off. I've seen some taeks about political polls being the new mock drafts and there's a little truth in there. I'm not sure how serious to take them next election cycle

bionic77

One thing you gotta give gop voters is they are well disciplined when it comes to falling in line.
Even with the protest vote she really only lost by one or two hundred thousand votes total in a handful of states.

The country is still divided as fuck.

bionic77

Cross posting from ot

I have no words for this
Fuck everyone.

We voted for Hillary. That gives us the right to complain.

The people who voted for Trump have to eat this shit sandwich and when they cry about it next year that this is not what they wanted I am going to fart in their face and tell them it was all their fault.

Cross posting from ot

I have no words for this

This is the worst thing of it all. All the baby steps we made towards any form of sustainability and preservation, erased because of a fucking president who believes global warming is a hoax made up by the Chinese. Straight fucking garbage. Ruining America is not enough, have to fuck up the entire planet as well.

bionic77

Gary Johnson kept Clinton from winning Florida
This is all on America.

I don't blame Johnson, I don't Hillary, I don't blame the DNC.

This was the easiest choice of all time. Racist, bigoted, demagogue who was completely antithetical to democratic values or a female politician.

It was a disgrace that it was even close to start with. It is now a national tragedy and a stain on our history that he won.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Yeah.. hopefully it isn't for 8..

But at this moment... it looks like it may be unless the DNC finds another Obama type politician...

Really hate that Democratic voters are so based in emotion when it comes to showing up to vote. Midterms aren't a "cultural event" like voting for Obama so they sit at home.

bionic77

Really hate that Democratic voters are so based in emotion when it comes to showing up to vote. Midterms aren't a "cultural event" like voting for Obama so they sit at home.
The same is true of Republicans. You lose momentum when you have the WH for 2 terms. That is the natural cycle of politics. And normally it is pretty healthy because with every change you flush out the weaker candidates in the down ticket races and bring in new faces and voices.

The fly in the ointment was Trump. None of us would be crying if a normal R candidate had been elected. Hell some people might have been excited for Kasich, Rubio, etc.

This was different and a test for America. The same test was given to Europe and we all failed it to varying degrees.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I'd go with John Cena. Although, it might be another Hillary situation.

I'm telling you guys

Dwayne Johnson (although he's theoretically a republican)

In my fantasy land he'd be the start of a super moderate right wing and the death of conservatism.

The same is true of Republicans. You lose momentum when you have the WH for 2 terms. That is the natural cycle of politics. And normally it is pretty healthy because with every change you flush out the weaker candidates in the down ticket races and bring in new faces and voices.

The fly in the ointment was Trump. None of us would be crying if a normal R candidate had been elected. Hell some people might have been excited for Kasich, Rubio, etc.

This was different and a test for America. The same test was given to Europe and we all failed it to varying degrees.

This change feels premature. I thought Clinton was a one term president like HW Bush but that Obama, like Reagan, would push Clinton to a win.

Now we hope that Trump is a one term party switch like Carter but I don't see it yet.

Donald Trump v Mark Cuban 2020 get ready
At this point.. there are no names off the table.. I have no idea who it could be..

Yeah..

Kamala Harris!

I know this is going to sound terrible but only positive I see is if housing market collapses I can get a cheaper home in a year or two.
I would have still said Tammy Duckworth.. but I don't see that either now..

I don't see a woman winning in 2020.. I just don't now... (that is really really depressing that I typed that in my phone.. and that I really believe that i will not see a woman president in my lifetime.. I really believe that sadly)

Fracking industry billionaire Harold Hamm is the “leading contender” to be energy secretary in a Donald Trump administration, according to a Reuters source, which would make Hamm the first ever U.S. energy secretary drawn directly from the oil and gas industry. Hamm has a history of influencing government officials to promote legislation that benefits his company’s bottom line, exploited the Orlando shooting tragedy to call for more oil drilling, and tried to suppress scientific research that was unfavorable to the fracking industry. Hamm is also a member of a lobbying group behind policy allowing fracking companies to pollute drinking water.

Sounds like a fantastic fucking guy to be in charge of your energy policy.

Gobias

Banned
I really hope that Obama Muslim plan to seize control of the White House and declare himself ruler for life takes into action soon.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Fracking industry billionaire Harold Hamm is the “leading contender” to be energy secretary in a Donald Trump administration, according to a Reuters source, which would make Hamm the first ever U.S. energy secretary drawn directly from the oil and gas industry. Hamm has a history of influencing government officials to promote legislation that benefits his company’s bottom line, exploited the Orlando shooting tragedy to call for more oil drilling, and tried to suppress scientific research that was unfavorable to the fracking industry. Hamm is also a member of a lobbying group behind policy allowing fracking companies to pollute drinking water.

Sounds like a fantastic fucking guy to be in charge of your energy policy.

Sadly, this is an unfortunate side effect of Republicans trying to distance themselves from Trump for the last year. Loads of horribly unqualified individuals are going to be appointed everywhere because only the dregs of the right supported Trump.

Football related:

Dov Kleiman ‏@NFL_DovKleiman 22m22 minutes ago
#Giants placed rookie Safety Darian Thompson on injured reserve.

Looks like he'll have surgery on his foot. Sucks.:( Lost year for a promising rookie.

Landon Collins won the NFC Defensive Player of the Week award for the second week straight.

WedgeX

Banned
Got dang it. Damn it.

Feeling absolutely sickened and ashamed. Horrendous that the white nationalist movement now has a president-elect. We as a nation failed yesterday.

Now I have a .500 presidential voting score.

@AdamHBeasley 2m2 minutes ago
Xavien Howard will run today for the first time since undergoing his second knee surgery.
0 replies 1 retweet 4 likes

So I'm switching gears to Football, good news we need him back if Miami is going to make any kind of run (and mostly for experience for next year)

I will add this though
@AdamHBeasley
Tannehill said he was "surprised" that Trump won last night. Met him at Doral a couple of years ago, but never imagined he'd be prez.

thatsmyqb.jpeg

bionic77

Football related:

Looks like he'll have surgery on his foot. Sucks.:( Lost year for a promising rookie.

Landon Collins won the NFC Defensive Player of the Week award for the second week straight.
I love football but honestly I can't even muster half a damn about the games this week.

The Steelers are playing for their lives against Dallas and I don't give two fucks.

I am not even picking for elimination. Letting my secretary pick for me in the new office pool. And it is down to me and one other person.

Football is awesome when things are good but I am too fucking worried and upset to give a shit about it today.

Sadly, this is an unfortunate side effect of Republicans trying to distance themselves from Trump for the last year. Loads of horribly unqualified individuals are going to be appointed everywhere because only the dregs of the right supported Trump.

I just can't believe it. An oil and gas global warming denier as your energy secretary. Fucking jokes. Ruin the entire fucking planet some more.

"In a deeply disappointing development for environmentalists, Mr Trump plans to cancel billions of dollars in payments to the United Nations climate change programs.

He has said he would redirect the funds to pay for infrastructure projects in the US.

He has also promised to lift restrictions on fracking and boost American oil and natural gas production.

He would lift roadblocks to the Keystone Pipeline. Environmental activists fought hard to convince the Obama administration to stop the infrastructure project, warning against the effects of the increase in oil production.

Its path between Alberta, Canada and Nebraska in the United States was also said to damage fragile ecosystems."

This shit scares the living fuck out of me

Top Bottom