• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 10 |OT| - The Dream is Dead.

ShaneB

hwl

Yes! Go TigerCats!!

You must be nervous for the Division Semi-final game against Edmonton this Sunday!

That's what I'm saying though.

In no sane country, she SHOULD have been received that badly.

When there's only two choices, and the other choice is Trump, ANY decision but voting Clinton is about as close to objectively wrong as you can get in an (opinion-based) two-party democracy.

Dude, this is so easy to say from your moral high ground. You ignore the hundreds of thousands of poorly educated people that just wanted to better their own condition and picked the person they thought had a better shot at doing that. They're wrong, but Clinton did and has always done a poor job of conveying that. The entire party did it poorly. When you're a poor uneducated guy struggling to find a job you don't have the time to think about what a shitty person you are voting for if you think they are your only salvation. The republican party did a far better job at getting that message through to those people than the democrats did, and that's the end of story. When you're drowning and a despicable person reaches down to pull you out of the water you grasp that hand, even if you hate the person. I think that's the story of this election.

We like to pretend elections are about following ideals and creating a better place in the world but they aren't. They never were. They've always been about people being pragmatic to their own needs and fulfilling them how they saw best. If the democratic party, which is the party that could actually help them long term, couldn't communicate that fact it's a failing of that party.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Dude, this is so easy to say from your moral high ground. You ignore the hundreds of thousands of poorly educated people that just wanted to better their own condition and picked the person they thought had a better shot at doing that. They're wrong, but Clinton did and has always done a poor job of conveying that. The entire party did it poorly. When you're a poor uneducated guy struggling to find a job you don't have the time to think about what a shitty person you are voting for if you think they are your only salvation. The republican party did a far better job at getting that message through to those people than the democrats did, and that's the end of story. When you're drowning and a despicable person reaches down to pull you out of the water you grasp that hand, even if you hate the person. I think that's the story of this election.

We like to pretend elections are about following ideals and creating a better place in the world but they aren't. They never were. They've always been about people being pragmatic to their own needs and fulfilling them how they saw best. If the democratic party, which is the party that could actually help them long term, couldn't communicate that fact it's a failing of that party.

Good post

It's the same symptoms driving the right in Europe and Brexit.

A huge mistake that the Clinton campaign made was not denouncing Obama care. Obama coming out like a week before the election and confirming that rates would increase again really hurt Hillary I bet. My mom has had to go back to work because she couldnt afford her insurance payments and I bet that is true for a lot of people. People are paying more and get worse coverage, no one is happy about it. That would have been an easy way for Hillary to show that she cared about the plight of the average American, and also outline how she would improve things. Someone in this thread said that she tried to coast to the White House and it was so true. WI was a fucking battle ground state, Trump visited there several times, but Hillary couldnt be bothered to show up there even once. That is such a fuck you to the voters there.

tmdorsey

Just want to say I'm very disappointed in this country. I mean it's thrown around a lot that the majority of people are stupid sheep and I didn't want to believe it, but Donald Trump being the president elect has really shaken my belief.

I'm going to need my hobbies (sports, video games, and electronics) now more than ever to help take my mind off what could be terrible for not only this country and minorities, but now the freaking planet if climate change and our effects on the environment are ignored for at least 4 years.

Also, good luck to you TheFatOne and all other NFL-GAF bruhs that have made the decision to leave or take a break from GAF.

Can someone give me some background here? Do we have another deflategate controversy?

Also, I would have thought that deflated balls for kicking would be worse than over inflated balls.

Yeah deflating the ball for kicking is way worse. They keep the kicking balls separate from the other balls so I have no idea what happened here.

Zeke

Got off the phone with my wife she just got out of her government class. She said there was a lone trump supporter, professor asked why she voted trump her answer was basically I dunno my family votes republican, so I vote republican.

Gobias

Banned
God damn campus is a dreary mess. It was already cold and gray and there just hundreds of people silently walking to class looking dejected. The lebrong prosperity has ended

Hello again NFL GAF. Before I go I wanted to just drop by and give you all my STEAM name in case any of you wanted to add me. My STEAM name is Kuunux, and it has the same profile pic as the one I'm currently rocking on GAF. Haven't played a ton recently, but that's mostly because I'm still rocking an AMD 6950. Getting a new computer in a month and a half. I'm also going to get a PS4 over the holidays as well, and I'll drop back in when I get it to get some of your PSN names. Also, I wanted to go in a little more detail as to why I'm leaving GAF.

Not leaving because Trump won although it certainly accelerated my decision. Unfortunately I belong to the sad statistic of people who lose a lot of weight only to gain it all back. I've always been a fat guy, but years ago I lost about 100lbs over the course of a year and a half. Life happened and I made excuses. I gained all the weight I lost, and it's had a pretty devastating effect on my mental health. For my own long term physical and mental health I have to lose this weight.The Trump win though has pushed me to say fuck it and work on my video game idea. I have what I think is a really cool idea for a video game for the Vive. I've always wanted to make a video game or be apart of dev team. I've just ran away from video game development due to all the horror stories I've seen/read. With Trump winning I've just said fuck it. If I don't grind and do something I love then there isn't anything I'm going to grind for. With VR still in it's infancy now would be the perfect time for me to hop in. So I'm going to limit what I spend my time on for a while to get my life under control. I do plan on coming back to GAF once I can get everything in order.

To my fellow minority brothers and sisters who are struggling coming to grips with a Trump presidency. We have shown that bullshit like this can't stop us. That one day we will overcome all of this. Going to be some lean years right now, but life isn't over. I know I'm going to become more politically active after this, and I urge you guys to do the same.I'm not going to take this lying down, and I'm going to do everything in my power to help for 2018,2020, and beyond. NFL GAF is an amazing community, and I hope you fucks are all around when I decide to come back. I love you all
except for Tabris

Edit: Ohh shit forgot to mention this. Have already lost 12lbs, and feeling great. I hope to return when I can get back to where I once was.

Good luck bruh. Just a tip - start by scaling back the refined sugars you drink. I don't know your eating habits but just cutting out a coke a day will do wonders.

On another note, man, we've been losing the more analytical NFL GAF posters at a large clip the past year. This offseason is going to be nothing but animu screen caps at this rate.

BigAT

More Images Surface of Clearly Deflated Footballs From Seattle's Kicker

http://images1.minutemediacdn.com/production/912x516/582206eef3238e2068000001.png[IMG]

I have nothing to believe in anymore.

I have only been a TigerCat life long for 24 hours and we are already in the Division Semi-final ?? #Blessed[/QUOTE]

Why the hell would you deflate a ball for kicking? I can't think of any possible advantage.

I also wouldn't put any faith into a still frame of a football being kicked, considering what even baseballs look like at the moment of impact:

[IMG]http://nesncom.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/797125.jpg?w=600&h=441

Balls compress when you hit or squeeze them. That was weird to type lol

Dude I have squeezed and kicked many balls in my life, even ones with low pressure, and they did not deform like that. Maybe the pictures are timed perfectly or something but they look crazy deflated. You'd have to have some pretty crazy hand strength to deflate a football like that with your hand.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Balls compress when you hit or squeeze them. That was weird to type lol

Yeah even a golf ball does.

Not sure how to explain the pic of the punter gripping the ball though, assuming it's legit.

For kickoffs an underinflated ball would perhaps help kicker to not kick it too deep with the new kickoff rules.

And I guess the same would apply to a punter trying to pooch it.

Line_HTX

Good luck bruh. Just a tip - start by scaling back the refined sugars you drink. I don't know your eating habits but just cutting out a coke a day will do wonders.

On another note, man, we've been losing the more analytical NFL GAF posters at a large clip the past year. This offseason is going to be nothing but animu screen caps at this rate.

This. High Fructose Corn Syrup needs to fucking die already.

Also, I know you hate people like me, but I'm always of the mindset that more people is always better, not less, even if it's something as little as jakfacts. More people talking always makes offseasons go by faster if only for a moment or a day. Every week in 2015 would go past 200 pages so easily, it was great.

QkJpamU.gif
I hope you love Prohibition mafia.

38EfMh8.gif
38EfMh8.gif
38EfMh8.gif
38EfMh8.gif

Yeah even a golf ball does.

Not sure how to explain the pic of the punter gripping the ball though, assuming it's legit.

For kickoffs an underinflated ball would perhaps help kicker to not kick it too deep with the new kickoff rules.

And I guess the same would apply to a punter trying to pooch it.

Yeah, we obviously know what happens when balls are hit hard. It's not the kick picture that I find concerning, it's the grip one.

It could just be shadows though. Your point about helping on kickoffs could be on the mark though. Maybe onside kicks too.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Why the hell would you deflate a ball for kicking? I can't think of any possible advantage.

I also wouldn't put any faith into a still frame of a football being kicked, considering what even baseballs look like at the moment of impact:

797125.jpg

Same with golf balls:

swing1uwknc.png

There has to be a bunch of slow-mo footage of footballs getting kicked for comparison. It should be relatively easy to compare if the Seattle balls look noticeably different on impact.

The ball gripped in the hand though seems suspect, unless it's a weird lighting/shadow artifact.

bionic77

797125.jpg
Tower 7 was an inside job and the Seahawks are cheaters.

Everything FMT told me was true.

Spinluck

I know people who voted Gary Johnson for the sake of getting the 3rd party to 9%. Thus giving them a platform the next election or some shit like that. Gary Johnson, think about that.

Gobias

Banned
In good news the Browns play tomorrow night!

I know people who voted Gary Johnson for the sake of getting the 3rd party to 9%. Thus giving them a platform the next election or some shit like that. Gary Johnson, think about that.
Gary Johnson is certainly a low hill to die on

Spinluck

Hello again NFL GAF. Before I go I wanted to just drop by and give you all my STEAM name in case any of you wanted to add me. My STEAM name is Kuunux, and it has the same profile pic as the one I'm currently rocking on GAF. Haven't played a ton recently, but that's mostly because I'm still rocking an AMD 6950. Getting a new computer in a month and a half. I'm also going to get a PS4 over the holidays as well, and I'll drop back in when I get it to get some of your PSN names. Also, I wanted to go in a little more detail as to why I'm leaving GAF.

Not leaving because Trump won although it certainly accelerated my decision. Unfortunately I belong to the sad statistic of people who lose a lot of weight only to gain it all back. I've always been a fat guy, but years ago I lost about 100lbs over the course of a year and a half. Life happened and I made excuses. I gained all the weight I lost, and it's had a pretty devastating effect on my mental health. For my own long term physical and mental health I have to lose this weight.The Trump win though has pushed me to say fuck it and work on my video game idea. I have what I think is a really cool idea for a video game for the Vive. I've always wanted to make a video game or be apart of dev team. I've just ran away from video game development due to all the horror stories I've seen/read. With Trump winning I've just said fuck it. If I don't grind and do something I love then there isn't anything I'm going to grind for. With VR still in it's infancy now would be the perfect time for me to hop in. So I'm going to limit what I spend my time on for a while to get my life under control. I do plan on coming back to GAF once I can get everything in order.

To my fellow minority brothers and sisters who are struggling coming to grips with a Trump presidency. We have shown that bullshit like this can't stop us. That one day we will overcome all of this. Going to be some lean years right now, but life isn't over. I know I'm going to become more politically active after this, and I urge you guys to do the same.I'm not going to take this lying down, and I'm going to do everything in my power to help for 2018,2020, and beyond. NFL GAF is an amazing community, and I hope you fucks are all around when I decide to come back. I love you all
except for Tabris

Edit: Ohh shit forgot to mention this. Have already lost 12lbs, and feeling great. I hope to return when I can get back to where I once was.

Good luck bro and get after it. Do what makes you happy and try your best, that way you'll have no regrets.

Hope to see you on here in the future.

Fuck Trump.

Hindl

New Nader voters. That means they'll get to tell young kids in 16 years don't fuck up

Did it work? I didn't see if he got the 5% or whatever is needed for federal election funding.

Doesn't look like it. Looks like they got 3.2%

This. High Fructose Corn Syrup needs to fucking die already.

Also, I know you hate people like me, but I'm always of the mindset that more people is always better, not less, even if it's something as little as jakfacts. More people talking always makes offseasons go by faster if only for a moment or a day. Every week in 2015 would go past 200 pages so easily, it was great.

QkJpamU.gif
I hope you love Prohibition mafia.

38EfMh8.gif
38EfMh8.gif
38EfMh8.gif
38EfMh8.gif
I don't have a problem with the anime per se. I have a problem with the decrease in football discussion. Sure the off-season threads went fast but the actual football discussion going into the season has been sparse.

Spinluck

In good news the Browns play tomorrow night!

Gary Johnson is certainly a low hill to die on

Did it work? I didn't see if he got the 5% or whatever is needed for federal election funding.

Not sure but I'm pretty sure they needed 9%. Fuck man, even if they get it, I know the two party system sucks. I get it, it's dated as fuck. But should we really be making that a priority? Of all the elections people start giving a fuck about now, when one of the worst candidates ever decides to run. What the fuck.

Edit: not even sure what a 3rd party would bring right now. I feel like we have more immediate issues.

bionic77

FMT/Bionic 2020

Everyone is a biiiiiiiitch and a rug on every floor
I could never be president.

I would be way too real. I would call a lot of people out of their shit and everyone would be stampeding to throw me into the ocean and out of the country.

Politics is all about compromise but selling it as not being compromise. The dangerous thing about todays politics is no one wants to compromise anymore (true of both sides but worse on the right because of the overt hatred and mingling with white nationalists).

I would run under the grow the fuck up party and I would get less votes than anyone has ever gotten in any contest. And to make matters worse FMTs sex scandals would not be bringing anyone under the tent.

MechDX

Bill O'Brien asked if he mailed a letter to Donald Trump, smiled and said: 'I"m very focused on the Jacksonville Jaguars'

#BOB2020

Gobias

Banned
I could never be president.

I would be way too real. I would call a lot of people out of their shit and everyone would be stampeding to throw me into the ocean and out of the country.

Politics is all about compromise but selling it as not being compromise. The dangerous thing about todays politics is no one wants to compromise anymore (true of both sides but worse on the right because of the overt hatred and mingling with white nationalists).

I would run under the grow the fuck up party and I would get less votes than anyone has ever gotten in any contest. And to make matters worse FMTs sex scandals would not be bringing anyone under the tent.
FMTs sex scandals is the reason why I would vote your ticket. We need a president who can be open about butt stuff

bionic77

FMTs sex scandals is the reason why I would vote your ticket. We need a president who can be open about butt stuff
First elect a woman.

After that we can talk about the butt. I guarantee if I am elected I will make Chis secretary of all things butt.

MechDX

He should give us Fuller so we can stop evil. Dallas and the cheats must pay.

NFL WRs with the most 'Lost Yardage' due to Pass Drops: Will Fuller (111yds), Mike Evans (102), Brandon Marshall (81), Sammie Coates (58)

Yep. He would fit right in with the Eagles

Mindlog

This day in butt history; Keyra Augustina.
Tomorrow; Vida Guerra.

In how do I react to that news about my football team news.
"I stayed up until 1 o’clock in the morning, man, pulling for (Donald) Trump," Dotson said. "But after 1, after I did my little calculation, I said, 'Trump got it.’ I was waiting until 1 but I was getting too sleepy and had to go to sleep by I was glad to see Trump win it."

Was he surprised that Trump will become the 45th President of the United States?

"I was a little surprised by the domination, but I wasn’t surprised Trump won," Dotson said. "Even though a lot of teammates are mad at me because I was pulling for Trump."

Top Bottom