• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 10 |OT| - The Dream is Dead.

MechDX

James Palmer ‏@JamesPalmerTV 3m3 minutes ago
The Cowboys have faced the NFL’s easiest strength of schedule this season. They're the only team that hasn't faced a current division leader

Patriots vs Cowboys Super Bowl.....

Truly the darkest timeline

TheFatOne

Hello again NFL GAF. Before I go I wanted to just drop by and give you all my STEAM name in case any of you wanted to add me. My STEAM name is Kuunux, and it has the same profile pic as the one I'm currently rocking on GAF. Haven't played a ton recently, but that's mostly because I'm still rocking an AMD 6950. Getting a new computer in a month and a half. I'm also going to get a PS4 over the holidays as well, and I'll drop back in when I get it to get some of your PSN names. Also, I wanted to go in a little more detail as to why I'm leaving GAF.

Not leaving because Trump won although it certainly accelerated my decision. Unfortunately I belong to the sad statistic of people who lose a lot of weight only to gain it all back. I've always been a fat guy, but years ago I lost about 100lbs over the course of a year and a half. Life happened and I made excuses. I gained all the weight I lost, and it's had a pretty devastating effect on my mental health. For my own long term physical and mental health I have to lose this weight.The Trump win though has pushed me to say fuck it and work on my video game idea. I have what I think is a really cool idea for a video game for the Vive. I've always wanted to make a video game or be apart of dev team. I've just ran away from video game development due to all the horror stories I've seen/read. With Trump winning I've just said fuck it. If I don't grind and do something I love then there isn't anything I'm going to grind for. With VR still in it's infancy now would be the perfect time for me to hop in. So I'm going to limit what I spend my time on for a while to get my life under control. I do plan on coming back to GAF once I can get everything in order.

To my fellow minority brothers and sisters who are struggling coming to grips with a Trump presidency. We have shown that bullshit like this can't stop us. That one day we will overcome all of this. Going to be some lean years right now, but life isn't over. I know I'm going to become more politically active after this, and I urge you guys to do the same.I'm not going to take this lying down, and I'm going to do everything in my power to help for 2018,2020, and beyond. NFL GAF is an amazing community, and I hope you fucks are all around when I decide to come back. I love you all
except for Tabris

Edit: Ohh shit forgot to mention this. Have already lost 12lbs, and feeling great. I hope to return when I can get back to where I once was.

Fracking industry billionaire Harold Hamm is the “leading contender” to be energy secretary in a Donald Trump administration, according to a Reuters source, which would make Hamm the first ever U.S. energy secretary drawn directly from the oil and gas industry. Hamm has a history of influencing government officials to promote legislation that benefits his company’s bottom line, exploited the Orlando shooting tragedy to call for more oil drilling, and tried to suppress scientific research that was unfavorable to the fracking industry. Hamm is also a member of a lobbying group behind policy allowing fracking companies to pollute drinking water.

Sounds like a fantastic fucking guy to be in charge of your energy policy.

Sounds about right.

Doomsayer

I can't focus at work right now.

I still feel like this is all some sort of bad dream and we haven't yet woke up. I've never been so ashamed to be an American.

Hello again NFL GAF. Before I go I wanted to just drop by and give you all my STEAM name in case any of you wanted to add me. My STEAM name is Kuunux, and it has the same profile pic as the one I'm currently rocking on GAF. Haven't played a ton recently, but that's mostly because I'm still rocking an AMD 6950. Getting a new computer in a month and a half. I'm also going to get a PS4 over the holidays as well, and I'll drop back in when I get it to get some of your PSN names. Also, I wanted to go in a little more detail as to why I'm leaving GAF.

Not leaving because Trump won although it certainly accelerated my decision. Unfortunately I belong to the sad statistic of people who lose a lot of weight only to gain it all back. I've always been a fat guy, but years ago I lost about 100lbs over the course of a year and a half. Life happened and I made excuses. I gained all the weight I lost, and it's had a pretty devastating effect on my mental health. For my own long term physical and mental health I have to lose this weight.The Trump win though has pushed me to say fuck it and work on my video game idea. I have what I think is a really cool idea for a video game for the Vive. I've always wanted to make a video game or be apart of dev team. I've just ran away from video game development due to all the horror stories I've seen/read. With Trump winning I've just said fuck it. If I don't grind and do something I love then there isn't anything I'm going to grind for. With VR still in it's infancy now would be the perfect time for me to hop in. So I'm going to limit what I spend my time on for a while to get my life under control. I do plan on coming back to GAF once I can get everything in order.

To my fellow minority brothers and sisters who are struggling coming to grips with a Trump presidency. We have shown that bullshit like this can't stop us. That one day we will overcome all of this. Going to be some lean years right now, but life isn't over. I know I'm going to become more politically active after this, and I urge you guys to do the same.I'm not going to take this lying down, and I'm going to do everything in my power to help for 2018,2020, and beyond. NFL GAF is an amazing community, and I hope you fucks are all around when I decide to come back. I love you all
except for Tabris

Edit: Ohh shit forgot to mention this. Have already lost 12lbs, and feeling great. I hope to return when I can get back to where I once was.

Good luck with your endeavors and stay strong. We will fight this evil together.

bionic77

I just can't believe it. An oil and gas global warming denier as your energy secretary. Fucking jokes. Ruin the entire fucking planet some more.

"In a deeply disappointing development for environmentalists, Mr Trump plans to cancel billions of dollars in payments to the United Nations climate change programs.

He has said he would redirect the funds to pay for infrastructure projects in the US.

He has also promised to lift restrictions on fracking and boost American oil and natural gas production.

He would lift roadblocks to the Keystone Pipeline. Environmental activists fought hard to convince the Obama administration to stop the infrastructure project, warning against the effects of the increase in oil production.

Its path between Alberta, Canada and Nebraska in the United States was also said to damage fragile ecosystems."

This shit scares the living fuck out of me
America first bitch.

It was pretty cool to see a few Pats fans leave their team in protest. I would have done the same for any of my teams too. Really hard to support that garbage.

For now those guys are my brothers. You allowed in the house now Gata (just make sure to take off your dirty ass shoes).

except for Tabris

Legit sad to see so many guys go. But if understand and of course fully support your decision. I wish you all the best man, go kick some butt.

except for Tabris

Good luck man

bionic77

except for Tabris

Wish you the best bro.

Remember not to focus on the end result but the process. Find joy in that and you will accomplish whatever you want to.

Good luck and come back once you are chiseled like a roided out WWE star.

America first bitch.

It was pretty cool to see a few Pats fans leave their team in protest. I would have done the same for any of my teams too. Really hard to support that garbage.

For now those guys are my brothers. You allowed in the house now Gata (just make sure to take off your dirty ass shoes).

The only good thing about all this, brother.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

except for Tabris

Good luck man

I bounce between about 215 to 280 and even 300 every few years myself (back up to 275 now...). Losing weight can be a difficult lifelong challenge.

except for Tabris

Good luck friend and I hope you succeed in everything, hopefully you come back sooner than later :)

Tom Penny

except for Tabris

Good luck

Trump got 2 million less votes than Romney. Hillary got 6.5m less votes than Obama '12 and 10m less than Obama '08. I think the race/gender stuff is way overplayed. Dems stayed home b/c Hillary was a terrible candidate

Yeah the dems deserve to burn for putting up such a terrible candidate. For years voters have been saying that they dont want any more Washington fat cats, and the Dems still picked the fatest of the fat cats that there is. It makes no sense to me. Her campaign seemed to be proud about how they raised $1.3 bn, and how they had record donations from Wall Street, but I bet that turned a lot of Americans off.

bionic77

MIchelle Obama is the only one who can save us. She has to run.
Michelle is a normal person who hates politics and losing her privacy.

You ain't never hearing from that wonderful woman again.

Also, amazingly a lot of people in this country hate her for many reasons. Tells you a lot about this shithole most of us call home.

Also Fuck Tom Brady
I feel like we are almost unanimous on this...

Time to root for injury and all the bad things in the world! We did it!

The only good thing about all this, brother.
Tragedy and suffering always brings people closer together.

Honestly I liked joking about Brady and Bill yesterday when I thought Hillary had this but this shit hurts so much I can't even joke about those racist sack of shit Trump supporters. The pain is real!

Milchjon

Left/liberal/centrist America needs to stop blaming Hillary and start blaming themselves.

The constant "she's shit as well, but.../I wanted Bernie.../Might vote 3rd Party..." stuff did as much damage as anything Trump supporters did.

It completely devalued Hillary as a credible candidate, to a degree that was completely disconnected from her actions.

You treated Democracy like a game where you can just pout it out, and now you're stuck with pretty much the worst candidate possible.

And no amount of Hillary-blaming will undo that.

PS: Best of luck, TheFatOne.

Draxal

Left/liberal/centrist America needs to stop blaming Hillary and start blaming themselves.

The constant "she's shit as well, but.../I wanted Bernie.../Might vote 3rd Party..." stuff did as much damage as anything Trump supporters did.

It completely devalued Hillary as a credible candidate, to a degree that was completely disconnected from her actions.

You treated Democracy like a game where you can just pout it out, and now you're stuck with pretty much the worst candidate possible.

And no amount of Hillary-blaming will undo that.

PS: Best of luck, TheFatOne.

Bull, she lost Wisconsin a blue state that voted for Sanders in the primary. She never visited there once in the general election.

She fucked up.

bionic77

Yeah the dems deserve to burn for putting up such a terrible candidate. For years voters have been saying that they dont want any more Washington fat cats, and the Dems still picked the fatest of the fat cats that there is. It makes no sense to me. Her campaign seemed to be proud about how they raised $1.3 bn, and how they had record donations from Wall Street, but I bet that turned a lot of Americans off.
Don't you dare let America off the hook.

This was not about Hillary, this was not about shit hole small towns, this was definitely not about emails, this was about who we are as a fucking country.

These assholes had 16 fucking months with this clown, most of it was filled with one embarrassment after another. Not a single fuckface who cast for Trump was uninformed about who he was as a candidate or person. There re probably literally 100 reasons he should have been disqualified for office, most of which we are all intimately aware of because of how much media coverage he got. We knew exactly what we were doing and did it anyways because that is who we are right now. Gata is 100% right. Fuck America is the real slogan right now for me because they put this shitshow in the white house and gave him control over the entire federal government.

Lets stop pretending this was an accident because our friends and families are decent people who would never let this happen. Just because you and our circle is educated, polite and are not miserable sacks of shits doesn't mean that that is true for the rest of America.

This is who we are as country right now. We have to start to recognize that. Now is not the time for blame. Now is the time to own up to who we are. And right now are a unquestionably a shitty ass country. I better not hear anyone criticizing other shitty counties because we lost that right last night when we elected Trump.

Milchjon

Bull, she lost Wisconsin a blue state that voted for Sanders in the primary. She never visited there once in the general election.

She fucked up.

Doesn't matter. Nothing she did should have mattered once the candidates were clear.

She made mistakes, of course. She wasn't a great candidate.

But America decided that an utter fuckboy candidate was better than a not great candidate.

That's not on Hillary. That's on America.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I'm trying to find some silver lining in all of this.

I listened to Trump's acceptance speech and I felt a little hope that this might not be the end of the world. His words were a lot more measured and calm than his usual rhetoric. I hope beyond hope that that is how he conducts himself as the POTUS.

I guess I'm waiting for the big pivot and there were glimpses of that in that speech.

Gobias

Banned
So who do we turn to?

Braxton-Miller.jpg

I don't even know anymore.

Also Fuck Tom Brady

The most surprising thing of all.

I listened to Trump's acceptance speech and I felt a little hope that this might not be the end of the world. His words were a lot more measured and calm than his usual rhetoric. I hope beyond hope that that is how he conducts himself as the POTUS.

I guess I'm waiting for the big pivot and there were glimpses of that in that speech.

He could pivot by not filling his cabinet with lunatics, but it looks like that isn't going to happen.

Draxal

Silver lining is that the DNC will have to do alot of soul searching.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Braxton-Miller.jpg

I don't even know anymore.

The most surprising thing of all.

Literally every Pats/Brady fan here distanced themselves from Brady and Belichick.

I think they'll go back eventually hopefully because they'll agree with me that linking politics and sports is dumb.

Doesn't matter. Nothing she did should have mattered once the candidates were clear.

But America decided that an utter fuckboy candidate was better than a not great candidate.

This country cast less votes for the Republican candidate than they did in the last election. How is that not a rejection of Trump? The problem was that people who voted for Obama rejected Clinton. If Trump had come out and gotten more votes than Romney you'd have a point, but he didn't. By all appreciable means he did worse than Romney in the polls. It just paled in comparison to how poorly Clinton was received.

At least we'll have something when Hamm burns down the planet.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
At least we'll have something when Hamm burns down the planet.

You guys are going to have to build more dikes.

And Missouri is about to be like Texas.

Texas will be....Saudi Arabia? Surface of Mercury?

At least we won't starve in the first world. Third world is going to be so damn fucked though.

Hindl

Problem is his cabinet and Congress is going to be filled with GOP nutcases. And they will ram through all of their shit. Which, to be fair, isn't apocalyptic, but it basically erases 20 years of progress. Any current Republican is bad, Trump is just worst.

It'll be interesting to see how the GOP governs. For years they outright refused to govern and just spent all their time obstructing. Now there's nothing stopping them from doing what they want. If it blows up in four years, they need to be held accountable. I can bet they'll try to pin it on Obama, but hopefully our press corps does a better job then they fucking did this time around

ShaneB

I'm going to get back to watching more CFL and celebrate the Grey Cup.

Go Canada!

edit: Best of luck in your endeavors TheFatOne.

You have a point but she could of at least put in some effort in instead of coasting to the finish line. The old turtle and the hare story right? Blame on everyone in my opinion. You dont get this type of fuckery without a collective shit show performance from all parties involved.

Country of 300 million just fucked it up for a world of 7 billion. God what the fuck!

This country cast less votes for the Republican candidate than they did in the last election. How is that not a rejection of Trump? The problem was that people who voted for Obama rejected Clinton. If Trump had come out and gotten more votes than Romney you'd have a point, but he didn't. By all appreciable means he did worse than Romney in the polls. It just paled in comparison to how poorly Clinton was received.

Exactly yesterdays election was a rejection of Hillary way more then it was an acceptance of Trump. People are so sick and tired of reading about corporate profits hitting record highs every year while the average person is struggling. The Dems where so blinded by Hillary's gender that they overlooked all of her negatives and it blew up in their face. The Dems need to find someone that is able to reach the middle class next time. And also dont pick a VP that thinks that banks have to much regulation. Her VP was so insanely awful.

Hindl

The worst thing is that she's going to win the Popular vote by about 2-3 Million votes. But those 110K votes between WI, MI, and PA are all that mattered

Milchjon

That's what I'm saying though.

In no sane country, she SHOULD have been received that badly.

When there's only two choices, and the other choice is Trump, ANY decision but voting Clinton is about as close to objectively wrong as you can get in an (opinion-based) two-party democracy.

Gobias

Banned
Literally every Pats/Brady fan here distanced themselves from Brady and Belichick.

I think they'll go back eventually hopefully because they'll agree with me that linking politics and sports is dumb.

Paying attention to an athlete's political views is an obvious route of disaster, but it seems unavoidable. Athletes have always been propped up as role models in this country whether they deserve it or not. Sure, I want to just watch the sport but it's so hard when so many of their personalities are so present. Like, I tend to be able to separate the art from the artist when it comes to people like directors or musicians, but that is because you don't really see or notice them often. Also, taking into account how so many football players seem like total pieces of shit regardless of politics and it just makes it harder to just cheer them on because they are on your team. It's a hard thing.

MechDX

Exactly yesterdays election was a rejection of Hillary way more then it was an acceptance of Trump. People are so sick and tired of reading about corporate profits hitting record highs every year while the average person is struggling. The Dems where so blinded by Hillary's gender that they overlooked all of her negatives and it blew up in their face. The Dems need to find someone that is able to reach the middle class next time. And also dont pick a VP that thinks that banks have to much regulation. Her VP was so insanely awful.

I saw this mentioned in one of the OT threads last night:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEHekdQSiXg&feature=share

Michael Moore nailed last night months ago. Basically predicting to a T how Trump could win.

Tom Penny

Not me. I'm not white and didn't vote so bring on the hate.

Top Bottom