• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 10 |OT| - The Dream is Dead.

I kinda want to, but Chan....

Chang is a sleeper agent whose job is to make Raiders fans look bad, ignore him.

I loved Hillary Clinton, I thought she would make a great president. But she was a flawed candidate, and Democrats don't come out to vote if they don't feel inspired. They won't come out to vote against the opponent. She was flawed, and normal voters didn't trust her scandals and issues. Hopefully the Democrats learned their lesson.

I've learned a lesson too. I learned that Democrats find white supremacists less troublesome than casting a vote.

bionic77

crazy how i just lost all interest for football

and sports really

this week sucks
Join me at the Switch launch!

Also, come by the house to try my new arcade cabinet when I get it in late January or February.

2016 is almost over guyz. Things are going to be great!

Fox318

Did you guys see this article from Micheal Moore about why Trump will win the election? It is crazy how he predicted everything exactly how it would happen. To bad none of the dems listened to him.

He lives in those areas where Trump targeted and Clinton ignored or was despised because of her being perceived as a criminal.

Look at the map

http://www.nytimes.com/elections/results/president

Hillary lost by because she couldn't turn voters out and in these small towns she didn't campaign for them. It wasn't that she lost those areas its was the margins. Had those smaller districts went 60-40 instead of 90-10 or 70-30 Hillary wins.

Hell her campaign stops were filled with celebrity endorsements like Katey Perry for example most of whom those people in the midwest view as elites.

Trump got less votes than both of his predecessors. He was going to get those votes regardless - that's the Republican base.

The problem was that Hillary didn't get the votes her predecessors did. She was a shit candidate who thought she could coast to a win. Yes, it is entirely her and her party's fault.

Hillary tried to run the same campaign Obama did that won in 2012.

While they obviously miscalculated that is still a fucking copout and I am not letting America off the hook. This is not Hillary's fault. It is her fault that she lost but that is not what is bothering people right now.

We obviously live in a very divided country and people have very different views of what they want from Washington. But if you are not a white man (i.e. gay, black, muslim, indian, asian, etc) what hurt is not that Trump is president. What really hurts is that so many of your fellow Americans did not give two fucks about casting a vote for a racist and bigoted candidate. Moore is right that we live in a bubble and if you live in a city that progressive bubble is your life. To have that shattered and to have that feeling that your fellow citizens don't respect your right to happiness is deeply disturbing. I am still not sure how to take this because a lot of white people are so fucking clueless about anything other than their own little bubble.

Shits scary.

Which is why we need to focus on 2017 and the Nintendo Switch! You get a portable and a home console for the price of one console! And it comes with Mario Kart and shit!

It does hurt, but I think everyone involved in this election needs to step back and start taking a look at things from across the aisle. I bet there were a ton of voters that found Trump disgusting but felt that he was the only person who could actually fix their problems, and that it was just as hurtful to them that they thought liberals were completely ignoring their plight. There's a lot of healing that needs to be done on the rift that was created this election season between urban liberals and poor rural residents. I get the anger at how they voted, I didn't want Trump to win. But I grew up in rural America, and fled it as soon as I was able for the city, culture, and progressive attitudes. I still remember that the people out there were largely good people though, and they voted how they did because they thought it was best for their survival.

I'm just really bothered by how much demonization there was between these two groups this election season. It's depressing.

bionic77

:lol

I love how we are already looking for excuses of what just happened on Tuesday.

America just voted a fucking white supremacist (based on his words and campaign, it is possible this is all just words but that is all we have to go on) into office and gave him the keys to the nation with both branches of the legislature.

Buts lets blame Hillary because that is just such a difficult choice to make.

I would rather stick with my current strategy of ignoring it because otherwise I won't be able to do anything except rage at my fellow Americans for choosing this path.

Switch time baby! I can't wait for Zelda whatever! Its going to be the best!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
edit: bionic it's time for you to get a gaming pc and a vive. Escape into awesome VR gaming!

It does hurt, but I think everyone involved in this election needs to step back and start taking a look at things from across the aisle. I bet there were a ton of voters that found Trump disgusting but felt that he was the only person who could actually fix their problems, and that it was just as hurtful to them that they thought liberals were completely ignoring their plight. There's a lot of healing that needs to be done on the rift that was created this election season between urban liberals and poor rural residents. I get the anger at how they voted, I didn't want Trump to win. But I grew up in rural America, and fled it as soon as I was able for the city, culture, and progressive attitudes. I still remember that the people out there were largely good people though, and they voted how they did because they thought it was best for their survival.

I'm just really bothered by how much demonization there was between these two groups this election season. It's depressing.

Based on what I've been reading, that healing can only happen when the right abandons it's social views. The people in the cities feel like the people in the country hate them and vice versa.

We were literally heading there about a month ago when it was going to be an overwhelming democratic victory but now "Trumpism" is going to shape the future of the Republican party and the dream of a split party is dead. It'll be at least another decade before we can get back to the politics of the 70s and 80s.

People are understating how much of a rock star Obama was. Its really my takeaway from the election.

Yeah the fact that democrats only vote when they want to be part of a god damn "snapchat worthy" social movement is what's ridiculous.

Fox318

crazy how i just lost all interest for football

and sports really

this week sucks

Yeah I'm with you.

Unless somebody smart comes along and figures out how to motivate people to vote I don't see anything changing for a while.

And I'll be even more angry in 2 years when everyone who is up in a Tizzy right now doesn't vote in midterms then for the next 10 years the map is set and there is nothing to be done.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
so, how about that Packers/Titans game

should be exciting

Packers coaching staff hard at work to fix our problems!

azL5j5.gif

bionic77

so, how about that Packers/Titans game

should be exciting
Did you hear about the Switch friend?

I hope Nintendo makes a fake football game with thinly veiled references to each team. Like WaLuigi's New York Rockets! Or Luigis's Wisconsin Cheesers! Mario's Pittsburgh Metallurgists!

Its coming my friend and it will be glorious!

Trump got less votes than both of his predecessors. He was going to get those votes regardless - that's the Republican base.

The problem was that Hillary didn't get the votes her predecessors did. She was a shit candidate who thought she could coast to a win. Yes, it is entirely her and her party's fault.

All election the media kept talking about how important battle grounds states would be and that Wisconsin was going to play a big part in determining the race, and yet Hillary couldnt be bothered to even spend one day in the state. It is madness. She should have been in all those key states campaigning as hard as she could. She, and the Democratic leadership, totally took those votes for granted and it blew up in their faces. The fact that Trump almost swept all the swing states shows how much better of a campaign he ran. Hillary ran like 10 times as many commercials I believe, and yet I cant remember a single one of hers. The Trump add with the Redskins was great, and the one where they had Hillary's face frozen in the weird smile while talking about how she was just for the elite was great as well. I really thought that the Dems were way more media savy usually but this election Trump killed it in that regard. Dems need to fire everyone involved in this disaster and start again with all new people in 2 years.

Based on what I've been reading, that healing can only happen when the right abandons it's social views. The people in the cities feel like the people in the country hate them and vice versa.

We were literally heading there about a month ago when it was going to be an overwhelming democratic victory but now "Trumpism" is going to shape the future of the Republican party and the dream of a split party is dead. It'll be at least another decade before we can get back to the politics of the 70s and 80s.

Yeah the fact that democrats only vote when they want to be part of a god damn "snapchat worthy" social movement is what's ridiculous.

Well, the rights social views are fucking stupid. I just don't think those social views explain this election disaster.

Well, the rights social views are fucking stupid. I just don't think those social views explain this election disaster.

The sports talk show that I listen to Vegas last night did all politics instead, and what they did was they wanted anyone who voted for Trump to call in and explain why. I listened for like 40 minutes and every single caller mentioned how fed up they were with the establishment. The Dems really miscalculated how people would perceive Hillary, they kept trying to push her experience as a positive but for most people it just meant that she was a DC insider who didnt care about them.

Pepiope

Yeah I'm with you.

Unless somebody smart comes along and figures out how to motivate people to vote I don't see anything changing for a while.

And I'll be even more angry in 2 years when everyone who is up in a Tizzy right now doesn't vote in midterms then for the next 10 years the map is set and there is nothing to be done.
Trump should be all the motivation Dems need to go out and vote. It's embarrassing.

Did you guys see this article from Micheal Moore about why Trump will win the election? It is crazy how he predicted everything exactly how it would happen. To bad none of the dems listened to him.

Both Moore and Bill Mather have been screaming for months that Trump can win. Moore nailed the rust belt voting issue to a tee.

On the good news front, PS4 Pro all hooked up!

People are understating how much of a rock star Obama was. Its really my takeaway from the election.

The Obama coalition wasn't a Democrat coalition...it wa an Obama coalition through and through.

Greg

How bout that Packers running game
might as well start Hundley and put Rodgers at RB now

Packers coaching staff hard at work to fix our problems!
I would say this is the week we beat up another bad opponent following a loss to a decent opponent and everyone thinks things are fixed...

but that was supposed to be last week

burn it all
Did you hear about the Switch friend?

I hope Nintendo makes a fake football game with thinly veiled references to each team. Like WaLuigi's New York Rockets! Or Luigis's Wisconsin Cheesers! Mario's Pittsburgh Metallurgists!

Its coming my friend and it will be glorious!
I don't think I've even played the last 2 Nintendo systems? or any of the handhelds since... GBA?

Trump should be all the motivation Dems need to go out and vote. It's embarrassing.

That's not how voting works. Trump was all the motivation Dems needed not to vote for him. They still need a reason to vote, someone they believe in. Apathy did the dems in this elections.

Tbh, the labor contingent of the Democratic party is not necessarily socially progressive, there's definitely some vestigial racism there.

Don't get me started on this shit. For the life of me I can't understand why a plurality black city like Philly is so crazy for the unions when the local construction unions so massively underrepresent blacks. It's an old white boys club to the detriment of poor blacks, who nonetheless still support those unions.

bionic77

I don't think I've even played the last 2 Nintendo systems? or any of the handhelds since... GBA?
I didn't play the Wii U. I did have a Wii, which had some amazing games actually.

I am pretty sure I will spend a lot more time on the arcade than any system but we need something to come together on. The Switch is as good of a thing as anything else.

Pepiope

That's not how voting works. Trump was all the motivation Dems needed not to vote for him. They still need a reason to vote, someone they believe in. Apathy did the dems in this elections.
In general, sure. This was not a normal election cycle. Trump is not Bush, McCain, or Romney.

Keeping a racist out the White House should be all the motivation a person needs to go out and vote for the other candidate. I'm embarrassing and pissed off that 29% of Latinos voted for him.

Our new VP believes in fucking conversion therapy.

Greg

I didn't play the Wii U. I did have a Wii, which had some amazing games actually.

I am pretty sure I will spend a lot more time on the arcade than any system but we need something to come together on. The Switch is as good of a thing as anything else.
let's come together on some classics like Kirby's Adventure and Faxanadu

The GBA was such an amazing system, never got into the DS.
was there 1 or 2 Metroid games
and 2 or 3 Castlevania games

that's all I remember playing on it, but it was worth it

In general, sure. This was not a normal election cycle. Trump is not Bush, McCain, or Romney.

Keeping a racist out the White House should be all the motivation a person needs to go out and vote for the other candidate. I'm embarrassing and pissed off that 29% of Latinos voted for him.

A ton of my Chinese in-laws voted for him. I don't think as many people viewed him as overtly racist as you'd think.

yeah those were great games and Super Mario Advance didn't leave my system for like a year, plus so many RPGS (Golden Sun was awesome)

bionic77

The GBA was such an amazing system, never got into the DS.
DS is legit one of the best systems of all time. Up there with the PS2 and SNES for sure.

Also proof that hardware means nothing without the games. DS was not powerful but it had an amazing battery and an epic and deep library or amazing games in pretty much every genre.

I am in!

The sports talk show that I listen to Vegas last night did all politics instead, and what they did was they wanted anyone who voted for Trump to call in and explain why. I listened for like 40 minutes and every single caller mentioned how fed up they were with the establishment. The Dems really miscalculated how people would perceive Hillary, they kept trying to push her experience as a positive but for most people it just meant that she was a DC insider who didnt care about them.

Well yeah, if they can operate a phone they have enough brain cells to not go an air and shout about torturing Arabs, lunching black people and deporting Mexicans.

Whatever, time to play some Xbox. Have you muppets got NHL yet or what, Kayotix and I are about to wreck shit but a third person wouldn't go amiss.

A ton of my Chinese in-laws voted for him. I don't think as many people viewed him as overtly racist as you'd think.

People are OK with racism as long as its not aimed at them, even if they are minorities themselves. Shit, there are Muslims who voted and campaigned for Trump because they feel like they're 'the good ones'.

Pepiope

How they view him and what he actually is are two different things. Most people who voted for him didn't believe he committed sexual assault either. So many people have blinders on.

Greg

yeah those were great games and Super Mario Advance didn't leave my system for like a year, plus so many RPGS (Golden Sun was awesome)
ohhh, I did play Golden Sun too!

but I think it was something like my only save was right before a boss, and there was no place to backtrack and level? got tired of dying to the boss and having to go through the whole process because I thought it wasn't possible, so I quit

pretty sure it was early in the game too which is sad

bionic77

People are OK with racism as long as its not aimed at them, even if they are minorities themselves. Shit, there are Muslims who voted and campaigned for Trump because they feel like they're 'the good ones'.
That is what is so painful for any minority group or liberal about this election.

Everyone wanted to believe that was not the case and that we were all in this together. That we were past that. The wake up call was incredibly tough for all of us to take.

We were wrong though and in reality a foolish racist fairytale or having to vote along party lines was enough for people to sell out everyone of color, every religious minority and all women.

Get fucked America.

I have moved on to the next thing.

The Nintendo Switch! Unlike America this let won't any of us down!

Spinluck

Bionic if you throw a Switch launch party, you'll actually have to sit down and play a game for more than 20 minutes.

I will also provide delicacies via Spin Catering.

All election the media kept talking about how important battle grounds states would be and that Wisconsin was going to play a big part in determining the race, and yet Hillary couldnt be bothered to even spend one day in the state. It is madness. She should have been in all those key states campaigning as hard as she could. She, and the Democratic leadership, totally took those votes for granted and it blew up in their faces. The fact that Trump almost swept all the swing states shows how much better of a campaign he ran. Hillary ran like 10 times as many commercials I believe, and yet I cant remember a single one of hers. The Trump add with the Redskins was great, and the one where they had Hillary's face frozen in the weird smile while talking about how she was just for the elite was great as well. I really thought that the Dems were way more media savy usually but this election Trump killed it in that regard. Dems need to fire everyone involved in this disaster and start again with all new people in 2 years.
You know what candidate would have been perfect in 2020?

Bernie Sanders.

Draxal

Illegal immigration is such a weird topic. There's genuine resentment from some legal immigrants to these "line cutters". And some more established first gen, or second generation can't fucking stand "fob" immigrants.

Spinluck

This has always been the case. A lot of people are still super uncomfortable talking about race. And by people I mean white people.

Like you could be cool as fuck with them until shit comes up and they're like "all lives matter." Or "racism only exist because people keep bringing it up," what!? So basically they're saying, "I'm sorry, I'm white, that's YOUR problem."

bionic77

Bionic if you throw a Switch launch party, you'll actually have to sit down and play a game for more than 20 minutes.

I will also provide delicacies via Spin Catering.
The time thing is going to be a problem. We are working on it!

Also, thank you for offering your kind services but I must regretfully decline. Many of our guests have delicate stomachs and special dietary considerations and cannot simply eat from the regular eat off a garbage can menu that you are rightfully so famous for. You are of course invited and we do expect our copies of The Force Awakens.

Top Bottom