• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 10 |OT| - The Dream is Dead.

cdyhybrid

ANNslNp.gif

Fuck the Pats.

I need a team to root for, for a while.

So far I'm considering the Cali teams including the future Vegas Raiders.

I was just gonna roll with the Browns to be with my friends for a bit, but seeing Trump running the state is pretty damning.

I need a team to root for, for a while.

So far I'm considering the Cali teams including the future Vegas Raiders.

I was just gonna roll with the Browns to be with my friends for a bit, but seeing Trump running the state is pretty damning.

You are already Dutch Raider, whether you know it or not. It is our duty to uphold Al's legacy of tolerance, diversity and cheating. Welcome aboard.

Most important thing the left can do is chill, try to calm their nerves, and figure out appropriate countermeasures for any horrible shit the republicans actually might try to do (always makes sense to be prepared).

There's a chance that the Republicans come apart at the seams early on in his term, in a similar (but probably more entertaining) way to how the Dems couldn't stay in line through 2009 and 2010.

Doubt it.

Republicans are a lot of things, but spineless isn't one of them. They're going to drain their majority dry. Democrats were too scared about the future to make moves (which ultimately cost many of them their jobs, the very thing they were worried about) thereby wasting any advantage they had. The Republicans will not make the same mistake.

Vyer

Term limits on congress, banning lobbying for five years? Banning international lobbyists? I don't see how you can be against those things.

I never said there wasn't a shitton I hated too. Just surprised I liked anything.

I don't know if banning lobbying is anything but a general 'appeal to the masses' type quote. accountability or limits is a better solution. It's not like we havent had some good things happen because of lobbying.

Worse to me, just doing a 'five year' ban after government service just sounds like all our lobbyists become those old school status quo folks....or those rich enough already to not worry about what they're doing for that 5 years.

On what grounds you think I can be granted asylum in Canada? even though I am from USA, Can i use my brown skin? and the fear of the orange monster now elected to the presidency..

When Sony did that boring as hell presentation for PS4 Slim and Pro I didn't know if I wanted one but now considering potential 4K/Pro bundles for BF.

WedgeX

Banned
On what grounds you think I can be granted asylum in Canada? even though I am from USA, Can i use my brown skin? and the fear of the orange monster now elected to the presidency..

From the government of Canada:

Your refugee claim may not be eligible for referral to the IRB if:

• You have been recognized as a Convention refugee by another country to which you can return;
  • You have already been granted protected person status in Canada;
  • You arrived via the Canada-United States border;
  • You are not admissible to Canada on security grounds, or because of criminal activity or human rights violations;
  • You made a previous refugee claim that was found to be ineligible for referral to the IRB;
  • You made a previous refugee claim that was rejected by the IRB; or
  • You abandoned or withdrew a previous refugee claim.

bionic77

Just marry a hot chick in Vancouver and pay her back in sex to thank her for the marriage visa.

This is a foolproof plan and is strong evidence that I am probably a real lawyer and not some dude in the library who just posts here all day.

Just marry a hot chick in Vancouver and pay her back in sex to thank her for the marriage visa.

This is a foolproof plan and is strong evidence that I am probably a real lawyer and not some dude in the library who just posts here all day.

If I'm going that route I'm going to Europe. Scandinavian, Swiss maybe. The other option is going full ex-pat and opening up a coffee shop/ bookstore for backpackers in Guatemala.

I had that, i was dating this beautiful Indian Canadian woman, she wanted marriage, I didn't, she also wanted me to move to Canada, she's married now...FML...the fucking irony now i am ready to live in Canada and give up my American citizenship in a heart beat..

bionic77

If I'm going that route I'm going to Europe. Scandinavian, Swiss maybe. The other option is going full ex-pat and opening up a coffee shop/ bookstore for backpackers in Guatemala.
If I did not have a family the moving to the middle of nowhere and living the simple, slow paced life sounds incredibly appealing in the current environment.

Truthfully though America has had a lot of periods like this with civil unrest and uncertainty. It is a lot easier to read about this shit than it is to live through it.

I for one am going to try and avoid the news and OT for the next few weeks. Ignorance is the answer to the world we live in. Blissful, wonderful, never heard anybody, ignorance.

Guys the Switch announcement is like 45 days away. Who is in with me?

If I did not have a family the moving to the middle of nowhere and living the simple, slow paced life sounds incredibly appealing in the current environment.

Truthfully though America has had a lot of periods like this with civil unrest and uncertainty. It is a lot easier to read about this shit than it is to live through it.

I for one am going to try and avoid the news and OT for the next few weeks. Ignorance is the answer to the world we live in. Blissful, wonderful, never heard anybody, ignorance.

I'm thinking about getting one for my daughter. However she isn't even two yet so I will hold off for a year or two. I am traveling a ton lately though so I may pick one up for myself if that continues.

bionic77

I'm thinking about getting one for my daughter. However she isn't even two yet so I will hold off for a year or two. I am traveling a ton lately though so I may pick one up for myself if that continues.
Get one bro.

EVERYTHING IS JUST FINE EVERYBODY!

Don't read the news, go to OT or leave your house. Just play the new Nintendo thingy. Thats the answer to your problems in life!

dionysus

Yaldog
I'm in. That thing is perfect for me. Powerful portable gaming with a decent size screen for gaming on my business trips. Also marrying Nintendos portable and console output on one platform! Yes Please!

bionic77

I'm in. That thing is perfect for me. Powerful portable gaming with a decent size screen for gaming on my business trips. Also marrying Nintendos portable and console output on one platform! Yes Please!
2016 was the worst year in a long time.

2017 is going to start with something good happening in football and shortly after that we are going to get the perfect Nintendo platform.

Its going to happen guys. Not like a Cleveland fairytale. Its really going to happen!

Soon as my semester ends I'm playing psvr until I need medical attention, I'll have rando on standby if need arises

tmdorsey

2017 is going to start with something good happening in football and shortly after that we are going to get the perfect Nintendo platform.

Its going to happen guys. Not like a Cleveland fairytale. Its really going to happen!

Or it could start with something absolutely horrible if we have a Pats/Cowboys Superbowl. :-|

dionysus

Yaldog

What good is going to happen in football? I just hope we get a superbowl that doesn't involve the Pats, Broncoes, or Seahawks.

Hindl

An offensive shootout would be nice.

Vikings/Broncos would be the worst.

That was part of it, but the other reason was that in the specific case of a Pats-Cowboys SB, yeah those are two franchises with massive fanbases and a storied history of success. Speaking objectively, removing the history of the teams from the equation, it would probably even be a good game. But it would be typical and something we're used to. I know the Cowboys haven't been a big deal for nearly 20 years, but people still remember the 90s. And consider that outside of their fanbases they're two of the most hated franchises in the league. The Raiders and Falcons have both been pretty bad lately, weren't supposed to be that good this season, and both are from cities that have been starved of championships in recent years. Plus they already played each other and it was a great game.

bionic77

What good is going to happen in football? I just hope we get a superbowl that doesn't involve the Pats, Broncoes, or Seahawks.
You are asking me to spoil the surprise that I cannot even fully explain?

You will just have to wait and find out like the rest of us!

I will be getting my arcade around the time of the Super Bowl too.

Things are looking up boys. They are looking very good indeed!

Hindl

It's uncanny how hard he nailed that, and amazing how Clinton's campaign and voters both took shit for granted.

The more disappointing part for me is that it's coming out now that Bill Clinton was pleading with the campaign to head into the rust belt states and attempt to relate to the voters, and he was rejected. He knew what to do, but they got too wrapped up in data.

I loved Hillary Clinton, I thought she would make a great president. But she was a flawed candidate, and Democrats don't come out to vote if they don't feel inspired. They won't come out to vote against the opponent. She was flawed, and normal voters didn't trust her scandals and issues. Hopefully the Democrats learned their lesson. Hopefully they blow up and start over, and hopefully we still have a country capable of being salvaged in 2020. Starts in 2018 with the midterms

bionic77

Hillary tried to run the same campaign Obama did that won in 2012.

While they obviously miscalculated that is still a fucking copout and I am not letting America off the hook. This is not Hillary's fault. It is her fault that she lost but that is not what is bothering people right now.

We obviously live in a very divided country and people have very different views of what they want from Washington. But if you are not a white man (i.e. gay, black, muslim, indian, asian, etc) what hurt is not that Trump is president. What really hurts is that so many of your fellow Americans did not give two fucks about casting a vote for a racist and bigoted candidate. Moore is right that we live in a bubble and if you live in a city that progressive bubble is your life. To have that shattered and to have that feeling that your fellow citizens don't respect your right to happiness is deeply disturbing. I am still not sure how to take this because a lot of white people are so fucking clueless about anything other than their own little bubble.

Shits scary.

Which is why we need to focus on 2017 and the Nintendo Switch! You get a portable and a home console for the price of one console! And it comes with Mario Kart and shit!

Doubt it.

Republicans are a lot of things, but spineless isn't one of them. They're going to drain their majority dry. Democrats were too scared about the future to make moves (which ultimately cost many of them their jobs, the very thing they were worried about) thereby wasting any advantage they had. The Republicans will not make the same mistake.

This is my fear as well. In a way I am hoping Trump the democrat will shield us from the extreme right agenda. Realistically tho I am expecting a quid pro quo type of working relationship where they will give him something and then he'll give them what they want.

Line_HTX

Favre: "They've got just as good a chance and probably will win ... their division."

At least someone still has faith in A A Ron.

Top Bottom