• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 10 |OT| - The Dream is Dead.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Taylor Decker 'trending in the right direction' protecting Matthew Stafford's blind side

ALLEN PARK, Mich. -- He struggled at first and it was expected. The Detroit Lions put Taylor Decker at left tackle as soon as they drafted him in the first round this spring and never moved off of it.

Midway through his first season in the league, it looks as though that plan will work. The Lions needed to upgrade their offensive line in the offseason after Matthew Stafford was sacked again and again the past two years and the run game couldn’t find any holes. So they took Decker, then Graham Glasgow in the third round; the pair now staffs the left side of Detroit’s offensive line.

In Week 9 against Minnesota, Decker got one of his tougher tests, facing Everson Griffen. And Decker and the offensive line did well, holding the Vikings to just one sack (Griffen got it in overtime), and opening holes for the run. It’s just part of the progression Detroit and Decker have made this season.

It’s something Decker believes has been coming weekly as he sees more varied pass-rushers. There’s also another factor: When Ezekiel Ansah has been healthy, Decker has to deal with him daily in practice. That’s offered a continuous look at how to handle one of the fastest rushers in the NFL.

“Absolutely, yeah. I’ll say it many times, every single week I’m going to see a good pass-rusher, but Griffen is obviously one of the better guys in the league,” Decker said. “It was a big challenge and, you know, that’s what tackles do. We have to come in and play against guys like that.

So where can Decker grow from here? He’s still a rookie and there are plenty of areas in which he can improve. That’s good for the Lions, since he’s starting to establish himself as the team’s left tackle of the present and future.

Decker has become one of the centerpieces of a young and developing offensive line that has become a surprising strength this season in Detroit.

http://www.espn.com/blog/detroit-li...ction-protecting-matthew-staffords-blind-side

Bitanator

Steven Jones and Jerry saying "I'm not speaking for Romo, but if asked I'm sure he would be okay with being backup for Dak"

Which is the equivalent of them saying yeah Romo, you are going to be backup and we don't care if you like it or not.

As long as Dak keeps winning, I already accepted Romo not playing this year, I'm fine with Dak and have my full faith in his ability to lead and win games, but he is just not fun to watch play QB like Romo, sucks he won't get an opportunity to play at all. I figured this week was the last week for him to start, and he wont even be active for the game.

cdyhybrid

Steven Jones and Jerry saying "I'm not speaking for Romo, but if asked I'm sure he would be okay with being backup for Dak"

Which is the equivalent of them saying yeah Romo, you are going to be backup and we don't care if you like it or not.

As long as Dak keeps winning, I already accepted Romo not playing this year, I'm fine with Dak and have my full faith in his ability to lead and win games, but he is just not fun to watch play QB like Romo, sucks he won't get an opportunity to play at all. I figured this week was the last week for him to start, and he wont even be active for the game.
Send Romo to Cleve

I was this close to buying NHL 17 but forget it now you big meanie.

EZcc3sp.gif

Damnit, I was going to pick up a PS4 tonight after work, but then I forgot.

Looks like my professional gaming career has been delayed.

Before you come at me, Bionic, don't worry, I will make the Switch to the official NFL-GAF console of choice in a few months when it comes out. Zelda + Mario forces my hand, there's really nothing I can do

Before you come at me, Bionic, don't worry, I will make the Switch to the official NFL-GAF console of choice in a few months when it comes out. Zelda + Mario forces my hand, there's really nothing I can do
Boy you really dodged a bullet there.

Mindlog

X-Arm has disappointed me less than football
Arrival spoilers.
Much like my title
the language is unbound by time. X-Arm may very well represent our last great hope. X-Arm prosperity for 3000 years!

Unrelated
It has been brought to my attention that I have had as much alcohol in my system the past 4 days as the past 4 months. I don't know what to do with that information.

Go Bucs!

bionic77

The NFL Switch movement is open to accept other consoles. Not every meal needs to be a perfectly cooked steak. Sometimes a man wants to eat a bowl full of mayonnaise (not me). Enjoy your mayo but remember to save some room for the steak.

I will see you at launch.

#ReturnToGlory

I've seen three already. One of which I saw last year.

The fiancé loves the fuck out of some hallmark channel
Leave her... your brain will melt..

Remember that time people had a chance not to elect a fascist man-child and went "nah, that sounds like a laugh actually"
That doesn't even want the job anyway..

That bitch wants to stay in Trump Tower and commute.. and just hold rallies all the time..

The witch hunt to determine who's owners or players support Trump is dumb and pointless.

Just let people enjoy sports, they need it right now.

bionic77

There are a lot of fucking idiots. I'm still shocked and disgusted
Remember that M Night movie where a bunch of people wanted to escape the horrors of the world we live in so they made up their own one in PA and lied to all the kids so no one would ever leave?

I thought the movie was a little dumb at the time but now it makes a lot of sense.

Who is with me? And where should we start this new society?

Narag

Remember that M Night movie where a bunch of people wanted to escape the horrors of the world we live in so they made up their own one in PA and lied to all the kids so no one would ever leave?

I thought the movie was a little dumb at the time but now it makes a lot of sense.

Who is with me? And where should we start this new society?

Can we pretend it's the 90s instead of 19th century?

bionic77

The witch hunt to determine who's owners or players support Trump is dumb and pointless.

Just let people enjoy sports, they need it right now.
A lot of these libtards are too weak to accept a openly racist and bigoted society. They need to learn their maths and see that we won this country fair and square.

Put on that Brady jersey and tell me you like it.

A lot of these libtards are too weak to accept a openly racist and bigoted society. They need to learn their maths and see that we won this country fair and square.

Put on that Brady jersey and tell me you like it.

I could easily put on a Roethlisberger jersey, but go ahead and keep yourself in denial if it allows you to continue supporting your team.

bionic77

I could easily put on a Roethlisberger jersey, but go ahead and keep yourself in denial if it allows you to continue supporting your team.
Didn't watch football yesterday and not sure I am even going to watch it on Sunday. I did not even play in our football suicide pool at the office and it was just down to me and 2 others with a decent pot.

The shock will wear off eventually and shit will return to normal but don't be surprised if people handle or see things differently then you.

Football doesn't seem that important or appealing to me at the moment. I say that even with owners who supported Obama and Hillary. I can't even muster energy to shit on the Pats. I joked about Brady backing Trump on Monday. Now it doesn't seem very funny.

You are not wrong to seek an escape in football but if others don't find it fun right now there is nothing wrong with that either.

Didn't watch football yesterday and not sure I am even going to watch it on Sunday. I did not even play in our football suicide pool at the office and it was just down to me and 2 others with a decent pot.

The shock will wear off eventually and shit will return to normal but don't be surprised if people handle or see things differently then you.

Football doesn't seem that important or appealing to me at the moment. I say that even with owners who supported Obama and Hillary. I can't even muster energy to shit on the Pats. I joked about Brady backing Trump on Monday. Now it doesn't seem very funny.

You are not wrong to seek an escape in football but if others don't find it fun right now there is nothing wrong with that either.

I know everyone is just joking around, trying to lighten things up. I'm pretty numb to everything as well. I can't have much fun with anything, football included.

The narrative that there are pro/anti Trump NFL teams is just a bit too ridiculous. Our whole society is full of people who support trump. It's still just a really difficult thing to understand...

Top Bottom