• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 12 |OT| Shanksgiving

Hindl

Romo, with complete disregard for his well being, flings himself at the DB and knocks the ball out! Zeke picks it up and runs into the end zone! Romo's back is broken in 3 places! Cowboys win!!!
romo1.jpg

Except his lower half is missing

Man, lower level tickets at around the 20-30 yard line are $140 on the ticket exchange right now. Should I bite on this?

Do it. Primetime and probably the best chance for Wentz to light it up for the rest of the season

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
The 0-12 Browns have scored MORE POINTS than the #Texans so far this season.

Is this true????

Yes, but it's rather misleading since the Browns haven't had their bye yet. Since the Texans are only 3 points behind, they'll likely pass the Browns this week.

That said, there is a decent chance that the Browns remain ahead of the Rams and Bears by the end of their bye week (Bears are 19 points behind, Rams are 27).

Man, lower level tickets at around the 20-30 yard line are $140 on the ticket exchange right now. Should I bite on this?

I once sat on in the lower level for an Eagles game at the link and it was terrible. people complained every time we stood up and I had to watch the game on the screen since we could only see one side of the field. I much prefer being up high.

Zeke

PHI, Giants, Seattle (PHI with a more efficient passer) are teams that present the biggest challenges to the Cowboys and scare me the most. I am gettng kinda stoke for the playoffs though going to be fun.
Eh I believe Dallas can take Seattle out. Dallas is built around the run and no team has been able to stop it. Hawks are middle of the pack in run D. As long as Dallas keeps playing their brand of football and clock control this team can go toe to toe with anyone. Teams can slow the run game down early but no one has been able to do it for an entire game.

I once sat on in the lower level for an Eagles game at the link and it was terrible. people complained every time we stood up and I had to watch the game on the screen since we could only see one side of the field. I much prefer being up high.

200 level tickets are $100. I was looking at these tickets in section 104 behind the Eagles bench though. For all of the years I've been a football fan I've never actually been to the stadium for a game, sadly.

Bitanator

Dallas needs to be fearful of facing the Seahawks, Falcons and Giants/Redskins

Big play offenses will carve this D down to a little chode, while the Giants are the only team to beat them this year, you don't want to play either division foe more than twice, they are tough. People want that first seed but Dallas home field advantage is an advantage for the other team, Cowboys are road warriors, the home record is Browns worthy

j-wood

Really glad the Titans let Cox go. He's been absolute garbage this year. Can't do shit at CB.

Lets see what Reed is made of and if he gets a roster spot next year.

I have a feeling Miami will lose in Baltimore this Sunday.

They'd better not.

Ratbirds games are killing me this season. The Rats have no offense. None. I mean, aside from the odd fluke chuck play Flacco is stunned out there. He is awful. Kyle Boller was better.

That defense and special teams though...grr. Where the hell did Brandon Williams come from? And effin Justin Tucker. Aargh.

200 level tickets are $100. I was looking at these tickets in section 104 behind the Eagles bench though. For all of the years I've been a football fan I've never actually been to the stadium for a game, sadly.

If you have never gone before definitely go and get there early so you can check out the parking lot. Some of the best experiences of my life have been tailgating before Eagles games.

MAH. MUTHA. FUCKEN. DOLPHINS!!!!!!
VICTORY MONDAY X 6!!!!!!

Miami has the Dolphins
The Greatest Football Team
We take the ball from goal to goal
Like no one's ever seen
We're in the air, we're on the ground
We're always in control
And when you say Miami
You're talking Super Bowl

'Cause we're the...

Miami Dolphins,
Miami Dolphins,
Miami Dolphins Number One.
Yes we're the...
Miami Dolphins,
Miami Dolphins,
Miami Dolphins Number One

WE. DID. IT.
#FINSUP

squicken

Once again I was really impressed with Miami. That is not a good roster, but Gase has them figuring out how to win. They were such a soft team under Philbin. They still need lots of changes, including QB, but Gase represents the first threat in a long time to the Patriots hegemony

Zeke

Dallas needs to be fearful of facing the Seahawks, Falcons and Giants/Redskins

Big play offenses will carve this D down to a little chode, while the Giants are the only team to beat them this year, you don't want to play either division foe more than twice, they are tough. People want that first seed but Dallas home field advantage is an advantage for the other team, Cowboys are road warriors, the home record is Browns worthy
The death star has been rocking this year and louder than I can ever remember even going back to Texas Stadium minus the glory days of the 90's.

Interesting stat
Ben vs Eli
Ben leads 2-1
none of the homes teams have won, this is the 4 match up and lets hope that trend continues..

Kinda curious but not having Forsett hurting them this year?

Forsett hasn't been good in two years, last time our line was healthy.

They'd better not.

Ratbirds games are killing me this season. The Rats have no offense. None. I mean, aside from the odd fluke chuck play Flacco is stunned out there. He is awful. Kyle Boller was better.

That defense and special teams though...grr. Where the hell did Brandon Williams come from? And effin Justin Tucker. Aargh.

No offense at all.

Brandon Williams has been a stud, I was touting him last season and posting videos of his wonderful singing voice as well. He was my guy last year who I expected to blow, and this year it's been Matt Judon. He's getting better and stays making plays. When Doom and Suggs are gone, he'll be getting more press.

Brandon Williams outsings Tucker

squicken

That Bears game was one the damnedest things I have seen in awhile. I never would have thought YH's boy Barkley would ever have a good game. He had never thrown a TD pass and had like 7 INTs in 70 attempts. But he was money yesterday, while his WRs dropped 10 passes, seemingly like 8 of those wide open in the endzone. The last drive had one brutal drop and a very catchable 4th down pass.

On one hand the Titans are a fun team but games like yesterday makes it hard to take them seriously,

That Bears game was one the damnedest things I have seen in awhile. I never would have thought YH's boy Barkley would ever have a good game. He had never thrown a TD pass and had like 7 INTs in 70 attempts. But he was money yesterday, while his WRs dropped 10 passes, seemingly like 8 of those wide open in the endzone. The last drive had one brutal drop and a very catchable 4th down pass.

On one hand the Titans are a fun team but games like yesterday makes it hard to take them seriously,

Damn that is shocking. Barkley with the Eagles was the worst thing I had ever seen in my life. No zip at all on his passes, panicked at the first sign of pressure, and just looked like he didnt belong in the NFL at all.

squicken

It's a shame the Titans are going to be stuck with Mularkey. With a better coach they'd be something scary

He's not really the problem, except for getting too conservative late in games. That's like 29 other coaches so it's hard to get too worked up about it. But his big issue is his defensive staff. Dick LeBeau just doesn't have it any more. Same with Capers and Horton. Maybe the game has passed by the old Blitzburgh guys

Syrinx

I still remember when Matt Barkley was the #1 college recruit and Kiper saying he thought Barkley would be a future #1 overall pick.

Funny how things change.

WR's drafted in the first 3 rounds of the 2015 draft:

1st Round

Rec Yards TDS

Amari Cooper(4) 130 1913 8

Kevin White(7) 19 187 0

Devante Parker(14) 64 979 5

Nelson Agholor(20) 50 547 2

Breshad Perriman(26) 20 280 1

Phillip Dorsett (29) 39 589 2

2 Round

Devin Smith(37) 09 115 1

Dorial Green-Beckham(40) 55 797 6

Devin Funchess(41) 47 739 8

3rd Round

Tyler Lockett(69) 74 989 6

Jalelen Strong(70) 28 292 3

Chris Conley(76) 48 553 1

Sammie Coats(87) 21 436 2

Ty Montgomery(94) 43 376 2

Funny that Agahlor is even close to being the worst in this group, Cooper is on a whole different level, and Lockett was an amazing steal. Funny how close Nelson and DGB are in terms of production.

Interesting stat
Ben vs Eli
Ben leads 2-1
none of the homes teams have won, this is the 4 match up and lets hope that trend continues..

Really wanted that 2008 game. Ben was on his bullshit annual one-game-every-year bedshit, but we were still one bad snap from our emergency snapper (James Harrison) from winning that game.

Interesting stat
Ben vs Eli
Ben leads 2-1

The game depends entirely on what Giants offense takes the field. If its the same one that went out against the Browns (yeah we scored 27 but thats a mirage given how many times we punted) - take the L now. The defense will be worn out by the second half between Bell and Brown thanks to complete offensive ineptitude and being on the field all day long.

The Steelers D should be a good match-up for us offensively. Perhaps not putting Sterling on a bye week in favor of All Pro Roger Lewis would help? Oh and using more of those two tight end formations in the running game as opposed to defaulting back to 11 personnel and getting a yard with no push would be helpful too! We gained 30+ yards of the 56 we ran for in the game against the Browns on two plays when we went into that two TE formation.

Steelers at home are a different animal offensively. Their also desperate for a win to maintain pace in the NFC North having lost one to the Ravens already. I think we lose and I think we have a more favorable match-up against the Cowboys at home the week after. Yeah, best team in football blah blah blah but this defensive line was built to stop the Cowboys run game, our secondary is better than it was week 1 and division match-ups between the Giants/Cowboys are always close affairs.

Really wanted that 2008 game. Ben was on his bullshit yearly one game every year bedshit, but we were still one bad snap from our emergency snapper (James Harrison) from winning that game.
I say it often but its still one of my favorite games I've watched in the last 10 years. Just two great teams beating the ever loving shit out of one another. It helps that we won of course.

so I wanted to browse GameSTOP to look for a couple of xmas presents for my nephew...ended up at GameSPOT and took me way to long to realize I was on the wrong website...I'm so old :(

Farooq

Banned
Eh I believe Dallas can take Seattle out. Dallas is built around the run and no team has been able to stop it. Hawks are middle of the pack in run D. As long as Dallas keeps playing their brand of football and clock control this team can go toe to toe with anyone. Teams can slow the run game down early but no one has been able to do it for an entire game.

What metric are you using for the Hawks run defense? They have a better run defense than Philly going by last weeks DVOA.

Dallas' brand of football still requires Dak to convert on 3rd downs. He has done an amazing job so far but his game against the Eagles makes me nervous. If Philly had a better offense that night they win the game. Seattle's offense is much better than Philly's.

Zeke

Barry Church practiced today and will play against the vikes. That's a big boost to the defense I just hope MO can make a comeback at some point this season.

cdyhybrid

From @hawkblogger:

Pete calls out Bevell a bit this morning. "Wish we would have stuck with the run game instead of trying to solve the pass."

Thank you Pete 🙌👏👊

Although all the play calls go through your headset, Pete. You gotta put your foot down at some point!

It's a shame the Titans are going to be stuck with Mularkey. With a better coach they'd be something scary
It's more on needing more D. The D is back and they can barely hold on to leads. Mularkey has done a great job. We just need more defensive players.

Zeke

What metric are you using for the Hawks run defense? They have a better run defense than Philly going by last weeks DVOA.

Dallas' brand of football still requires Dak to convert on 3rd downs. He has done an amazing job so far but his game against the Eagles makes me nervous. If Philly had a better offense that night they win the game. Seattle's offense is much better than Philly's.
Hawks run D is 14th tied with the vikes both are giving up 100 a game. Ravens, Steelers, packers are all ranked ahead of them.

Again, its as if week 1 never happened. Your running backs were held to 86 yards. Zeke had a 2.6 YPC average. I'd say that's pretty much slowing down the running game all game long.

Zeke

Again, its as if week 1 never happened. Your running backs were held to 86 yards. Zeke had a 2.6 YPC average. I'd say that's pretty much slowing down the running game all game long.
Ok congrats on a week one win against two rookies making their career debut. Clearly Dallas is the same team they were week one and the giants have their number after one game, I stand corrected.

Top Bottom