• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 12 |OT| Shanksgiving

Romo's not coming here to get it.

6aRBX8Z.png

PLEEEEEEEEEEAAAASSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEE??

it's kind of funny when reporters admit a question is dumb and pointless before asking, then want people to be mad at the player/coach for treating the question as dumb and pointless.

DMczaf

it's kind of funny when reporters admit a question is dumb and pointless before asking, then want people to be mad at the player/coach for treating the question as dumb and pointless.

If you're gonna be a smart ass to dumb questions, at least be a good one (like Pop)

Farooq

Banned
I would tag him again and draft a QB. I don't think he is the driving force of that offense. He benefits from a lot of good skill players and a top 5 OL. I think he and Prescott are showing that there a lot of QBs out there that can steer a loaded offense to great production. There's maybe 7 or 8 guys really worth $20m+ a year. Every one else should be playing QBs on their rookie deals and spending the rest on rest of offense

Where do you stand on the Romo debate? Does your jinx influence the controversy? How powerful is your jinx? Can it do Jedi Mind Tricks? Can it force a FO to collectively agree to a terrible decision?

squicken

Where do you stand on the Romo debate? Does your jinx influence the controversy? How powerful is your jinx? Can it do Jedi Mind Tricks? Can it force a FO to collectively agree to a terrible decision?

I actually don't dislike the Cowboys. I'll legit be cheering for them against SEA. In that game, if I were a Cowboys fan, I would want Romo over Dak. But I also know that Romo is gone after this year, and Dak will be the QB in 2017. So I would stay with Dak. I don't trust Romo to stay healthy for even the rest of the year. And I wouldn't bench my QB of the future when there is such positive energy around and within the team right now. And it is not a done deal that Dak can't beat Seattle

Harbaugh didn't bench Alex Smith. He waited until Smith got a concussion. Dallas needs an injury to Dak for the pretext of going with Romo, if that is really what they want to do.

And I totally get it for fans of Romo. He has been very underappreciated by fans and media. For fans of his it has been annoying to deal with the QB winz crowd over the years. Now that there is a great team in place around him, he doesn't get to reap the rewards of a potentially great Super Bowl season. Romo has millions of dollars so I don't really feel sorry for him, but for his fans it is a huge bummer. At least Peyton fans got the thrill of him winzing his way to a SB last year

squicken

@richarddeitsch
Most watched NFL games in 2016:
1. DAL-WASH: 35.1M viewers
2. DAL-PIT: 28.9M
3. DAL-GB: 28.0M
4. DET-MIN: 27.6M
5. DAL-NYG: 27.5M

@richarddeitsch
Richard Deitsch
Yesterday's Dal-Wash game was the most-watched reg season game in Fox history. Det-Min is CBS’s most-watched NFL telecast this year.

America's Team

SS4Gogita

Henshin!
So, I'm going to my first ever non-preseason game (and I don't even really count those since I was working concessions for most of it) on Sunday in Tampa. I just want it to be a competitive game, that's really all I'm asking for.

I know :(

Farooq

Banned
I actually don't dislike the Cowboys. I'll legit be cheering for them against SEA. In that game, if I were a Cowboys fan, I would want Romo over Dak. But I also know that Romo is gone after this year, and Dak will be the QB in 2017. So I would stay with Dak. I don't trust Romo to stay healthy for even the rest of the year. And I wouldn't bench my QB of the future when there is such positive energy around and within the team right now. And it is not a done deal that Dak can't beat Seattle

Harbaugh didn't bench Alex Smith. He waited until Smith got a concussion. Dallas needs an injury to Dak for the pretext of going with Romo, if that is really what they want to do.

And I totally get it for fans of Romo. He has been very underappreciated by fans and media. For fans of his it has been annoying to deal with the QB winz crowd over the years. Now that there is a great team in place around him, he doesn't get to reap the rewards of a potentially great Super Bowl season. Romo has millions of dollars so I don't really feel sorry for him, but for his fans it is a huge bummer. At least Peyton fans got the thrill of him winzing his way to a SB last year

You make great points as always. I would be inclined to agree with you, but I really don't think Dak can get past Seattle. The throwing windows close so quickly, that I think Dak will get punished if he is late.

Interesting you bring up Kaep and Smith, it felt like Kaep was the future for the 9'ers at one point, and kind of amazing how we can look back at their decision and say the 9'ers made the wrong choice. Not that I am comparing 9'ers situation to the Cowboys, just wondering if we will get a definitive answer to this situation.

Side mention for Cowboys-GAF, if I have been a dick it is not my intention. I have an uncle who is not doing to well, might not make the year. Biggest Cowboys fan I know. Watching football keeps his spirits up, I just wanted him to see one more SB win before he passes. I just figure Cowboys best shot is with Romo, and that is why I have been passionate about it. Not that arguing on an internet message board matters but whatever.

If Dak goes all the way, I'll eat the biggest crow with a smile on my face.

Slo

New TV hooked up. Samsung has really improved their interface compared to the one I bought 2 years ago. Integrates really nicely with a directv genie.

Top Bottom