• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 13 |OT| This is not the Greatest NFL Thread it's Only a Tribute

the tie is too tight, it's cutting off circulation.
No need for circulation.

068a8933-96af-45e4-a166-c608e977208f.jpg

Why must you be like this?

What happened to the old Ninja?

He would be in line with me and DM for the Switch launch. What happened to that guy? That guy got it. The current version of Scooter will probably be in line for Uggs while me and the rest of NFL GAF enter the next step of gaming with the Switch.

:(

Nintendo and Kid Rock go together like ketchup and mayo.

Can't muster enthusiasm for your team when they have the best record in the AFC and are heading towards a #1 seed in the playoffs... Pull yourself together, dweebo! God forbid the day the Pats actually have a bad record...

I've been slacking on my premier league watching this season. If Chelsea is leading I guess I made the right call.

It has nothing to do with their record. It's just everything on the side that bothers me.

They are the seasoned, battle-tested playoff team and the Dolphins aren't. Makes sense. This game will tell us a lot about how much the Dolphins have really grown this year.

Yeah I expect us to keep it close but the defense to finally cost us a game, unless the offense can score 40+ it won't be enough this time. 31 was almost too little against the 49ers

McKnight, 28, was shot about 3 p.m. Thursday (Dec. 1) at the intersection of Behrman Highway and Holmes Boulevard in Terrytown. A witness, who declined to give her name, said she saw a man at the intersection yelling at McKnight, who was trying to apologize. The man shot McKnight more than once, the witness said. She said he shot McKnight, stood over him and said, "I told you don't you f--- with me." Then the man fired again, she said.

Released after that eye witness account? WTF

Yeah I expect us to keep it close but the defense to finally cost us a game, unless the offense can score 40+ it won't be enough this time. 31 was almost too little against the 49ers
40+? If the Ravens can put up that many on the Dolphins they might go 0-5 the rest of the season, haha.

I'm expecting a fairly low scoring game.

Fox318

The fact that he fired for a second time should be all that's needed to charge him.

The shooter was no longer in any danger at that moment and didn't need to kill him to defend himself against a man he was standing over.

The right to defend yourself does not mean you have the right to commit murder.

If somebody tries to break into my house and I'm able to incapacitate him in some manner it doesn't give me a right to shoot him in the spine or kneecaps afterwards no matter how pissed and scared I might be.

bionic77

The fact that he fired for a second time should be all that's needed to charge him.

The shooter was no longer in any danger at that moment and didn't need to kill him to defend himself against a man he was standing over.

If somebody tries to break into my house and I'm able to incapacitate him in some manner it doesn't give me a right to shoot him in the spine or kneecaps afterwards no matter how pissed and scared I might be.
Road rage is not comparable to someone breaking into your house.

That said I am avoiding this story because I don't need more sadness in my life, but it sounds like clear cut first degree murder. Based on how ass backwards Louisiana is I would imagine they are one of the states that still has the death penalty and that is probably where this one is going.

Prosecutor is going to want to go for the conviction because this is going to be a high profile case in that state. You can make a real political career out of this.

Pepiope

If someone broke into my house then I'm shooting until i don't see them move anymore. You shouldn't ever shoot to injure someone. That just looks like your life wasn't in real danger.

If he was in danger he should be shooting to kill, but that doesn't seem like that was the case based on that eye witness account.

They are the seasoned, battle-tested playoff team and the Dolphins aren't. Makes sense. This game will tell us a lot about how much the Dolphins have really grown this year.

You're nuts. This is not the same Ravens. I watch them every week and can't even grasp how they are a top defense in the league. The offense is bottom three. The only highlights this season was taking a safety and Justin Tucker.

Hindl

If someone broke into my house then I'm shooting until i don't see them move anymore. You shouldn't ever shoot to injure someone. That just looks like your life wasn't in real danger.

If he was in danger he should be shooting to kill, but that doesn't seem like that was the case based on that eye witness account.

This is more a case of you shoot at them after they break in, they stop in their tracks and are obviously not a threat, and then seconds later you go up to finish the job. That's no longer defending yourself, that's an execution

bionic77

note to self: don't enter pepoope's house
As a general rule you should not expect anything good to happen if you break into anyones house in America.

In Europe you probably get sex and pot brownies but in America we are free and considering how many guns this country has and how afraid we are of anything I think there is a high probability of you getting shot at.

Fox318

Road rage is not comparable to someone breaking into your house.

That said I am avoiding this story because I don't need more sadness in my life, but it sounds like clear cut first degree murder. Based on how ass backwards Louisiana is I would imagine they are one of the states that still has the death penalty and that is probably where this one is going.

Prosecutor is going to want to go for the conviction because this is going to be a high profile case in that state. You can make a real political career out of this.

Its gonna be really public.

If someone broke into my house then I'm shooting until i don't see them move anymore. You shouldn't ever shoot to injure someone. That just looks like your life wasn't in real danger. if he was in danger he should be shooting to kill, but that doesn't seem like that was the case based on that eye witness account.

With regards to breaking and entering and something where your life is on the line you have the right to defend yourself till you are free from that threat. I have no moral qualms with somebody killing somebody who is directly threatening your livelihood but there is a line.

The issue with this case is the man was free from the threat of danger the second he stood over him and shot him.

MechDX

Brian T. Smith ‏@ChronBrianSmith 50m50 minutes ago
Warm-weather #Texans are 6-1 in games when temperature was under 35 degrees at game-time kickoff. Last win was Mallett's debut, 2014 in CLE.

Interesting but meaningless stat but that Browns game was great! Brady Bowl I!

CT1L9Ub.jpg

bionic77

With regards to breaking and entering and something where your life is on the line you have the right to defend yourself till you are free from that threat. I have no moral qualms with somebody killing somebody who is directly threatening your livelihood but there is a line.

The issue with this case is the man was free from the threat of danger the second he stood over him and shot him.
I agree with you 100% on the use of force but I am generally going to side with the homeowner if someone breaks into their house in the middle of the night. Obviously if it can be shown that the person in the house was baiting someone or KNEW they could let the person leave without killing them it is murder, but in general I would imagine there has to be a shit load of fear for most people if their house was broken into. I know I have kids and I would be freaking the fuck out.

Changing gears, I thought GAF prohibited talk of pirating games? I just saw a thread on gaming age where someone is posting about playing through Nintendo games on his RetroPie. I guess he did not explicitly say that he is pirating it, but at the same time it is pretty obvious he is.

You're nuts. This is not the same Ravens. I watch them every week and can't even grasp how they are a top defense in the league. The offense is bottom three. The only highlights this season was taking a safety and Justin Tucker.
Coach and QB are a huge part of the culture of a team. I'm not saying they are literally the same as the Ray Lewis Ravens but some of the DNA is still there. I hope you're right, though!

Hunter S.

In many states, it is safer to shoot the theif dead in your house than it is to shoot them to injure. The robber can sue you in this country if you shoot to injure. I am mostly talking about the "make my day law," in Colorado. I am 100.8 % sure it exists in Texas too.

Pepiope definitely shooting today. Look out for that roll up DM.

Top Bottom