• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 13 |OT| This is not the Greatest NFL Thread it's Only a Tribute

RBH

i

Barring a miracle, the San Diego Chargers are expected to exercise the team's option to move to Los Angeles in 2017, sources told ESPN's Jim Trotter.

During the NFL owners meetings in January, in which the league approved the relocation of the Rams to Los Angeles, the Chargers were granted the option to relocate to L.A. with a deadline of Jan. 15, 2017.

Chargers chairman Dean Spanos has to alert the league that he intends to exercise that option by next month's deadline.

The Chargers received only 43 percent approval on Measure C in November. The team's $1.8 billion plan proposed raising hotel taxes from 12.5 percent to 16.5 percent to secure $1.15 billion in bonds to help pay for the stadium project.

The citizens' ballot initiative required two-thirds of the voting public within city limits to approve the project, an extremely high bar for the team to reach.

"Dean has said that he wants everyone to be able to focus on the remainder of the Chargers' season, and so [he] won't be making any final decisions until after the season is over," said Mark Fabiani, the point person on the stadium situation for the Chargers. "That hasn't changed."

The Chargers have a tenant-lease agreement with Rams owner Stan Kroenke that lowers the team's risk because they do not have to borrow money for construction of the $2.6 billion project.

The Rams and Chargers would jointly share revenue such as naming rights, suites, sponsors and advertising. The teams would be on their own to sell season tickets and personal seat licenses.

Kroenke has motivation to complete a deal with the Chargers, because he cannot begin selling personal seat licenses until reaching a decision on whether the Chargers or Raiders will relocate to Los Angeles.

However, the risk for Spanos is that the franchise would be on the hook for a $650 million relocation fee paid over 10 years, determined during the January owners meeting in Houston.

The Chargers also would have to purchase land and construct a practice facility, which would cost tens of millions of dollars.

NFL owners discussed the Raiders moving to Las Vegas during a committee meeting in New York in November. Raiders owner Mark Davis has told the league he plans on filing for relocation to move his franchise to Las Vegas in January.

The Raiders' and the Chargers' stadium situations will be up for discussion at a December NFL owners meeting in Dallas.
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...rs-exercise-team-option-move-los-angeles-2017

Line_HTX

As long as Morrigan gets confirmed in MvCI, this world will be OK.

I'm looking at you, sf2fanatic and WesternHeretic. Yeah, you bitches.

Hindl

Yes you really should and yes you should play Left Behind, too.

Knack hate is silly. It's not some mind blowing game or anything but it was a perfectly acceptable little launch platformer. I had fun with it with my oldest daughter and I'm perfectly find with a sequel existing.

Windjammers I sort of just scratched my head on though.

I don't hate Knack it's a fine game. It just seems like one of those one off B tier games from the PS2 era that usually don't get sequels.

Sony conference was pretty good though, something for everyone

bionic77

A known pussy grabber gets made POTUS and now Tiger's good again.

hmmm
Tiger never stopped being good. His body broke.

Trump is on the American people who seem to suck worse than the Jets. I think we continued to progress because we imported cool people but these shitheads will soon make sure that stops and that eventually all of America sucks as much as the red states.

In the meantime we can at least go out with a smile while playing the Switch! I guarantee it will get you laid by a real person*!

* Limited time offer. Floyds and Floyd types not eligible.

bionic77

Switch will save America.
America might be beyond saving but I can say that at the very least it will save your souls!

I just hope we can survive a few months of the America they imagined in the 1980s. I want to live at least long enough to play the Switch. I think lawyers and roided up crazies did well in those horrible depictions of the world (which now seem prophetic) so hopefully I am safe.

Should have bunkered up like ez told us to. He was right all along...

Mindlog

I want my Crackdown 3

:(
Word.
Indeed though I'm betting it ends up being a possible Scorpio launch game at this point. :/
Yup. If America is still around I'll probably be getting one of those Scorpions.
Zelda looks neat, but I remembered South Park is coming out in the Spring. That's enough animu for me RPG wise.

Also load times are still on the long side, but PS4 XCOM 2 is OK now if you don't already have it on PC.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1m1 minute ago

Patriots are placing TE Rob Gronkowski on IR, per @FieldYates. He is officially done for season.

Bitanator

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1m1 minute ago

Patriots are placing TE Rob Gronkowski on IR, per @FieldYates. He is officially done for season.

Herniated disk I would hope he would not try to come back like Watt, feel bad for him dude gives it all.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
The series never gets the reactions but I fucking love that they're bringing over all that Yakuza

Straight into my veins!

Top Bottom