• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 14 |OT| You Don't Own Me

bionic77

For 3 hours.
How long do you play without a break?

If it gets 4 hours that seems like a long ass time to play high end console games on the go. If you need to play even longer than that (and honestly with the games coming out I could see this being a real problem that doesn't really exist on the Xbox or PS4) you can just buy a USB battery pack and continue playing via the same.

Farooq

Banned
I was reading an old article on Witten's 1000th reception. Some things stood out.

The majority of Witten's receptions come on a 10-yard hook route. It's called the Y-option.

"It allows him to go up and do whatever he wants,'' Romo said. "He has great instincts. He's probably the best who has ever run that route, and I don't think there's really a question about that.

"He understands the leverage. He has great, quick feet in small space. He has a big body and is a big target, and he knows how to position himself to make the defender feel leverage a different way. He understands how to get the defender off-balance right before he's going to cut, and that's a rare trait.

"At the same time, he sees what the quarterback sees in the pre-snap and post-snap alignments, and just about nobody does all of that.''

Witten doesn't just put himself in his cleats. He puts himself in the quarterback's cleats. Linehan marvels at the extensive route tree the tight end handles, calling him "the best at it I've been around.''

A prime example came in January's wild-card game against Detroit. On fourth-and-6 in the final quarter, Romo hit Witten for a 21-yard gain. Six plays later, the Cowboys scored the winning touchdown.

Witten went to Romo's home afterward, and the two talked about the details of the play for an hour. Romo calls that night the favorite postgame conversation of his career.

"That's the play we're talking about that he runs better than anybody,'' Romo said. "Season on the line. Defense runs something different than you expect, so you change the play. Jason adjusts. He hasn't run it that way in what had to be five years. But I'd seen him do it in training camp a few years back, and he did it in a game once eight years ago. He knew that was the only way to get open.

"It was a little risky because it hadn't been done in such a long time. But me and him had been together for such a long time, he made it seem seamless.

"Jason makes those things look more normal than any tight end I've ever seen.''

Lol at Witt going back to Romo's house to talk about a play for an hour.

Edit: Link to an older article gives a little more detail on Witten and option routes from Chris Brown (2013). http://grantland.com/the-triangle/jason-witten-master-of-the-option-route/

Article quote, more at the link.

Although hardly new, option routes and related route conversions have only recently come to dominate NFL offenses. The vaunted West Coast offense was the most popular attack in the league for roughly two decades and gave receivers relatively little flexibility to adjust to defenses. Those offenses still feature the ideals of Bill Walsh’s creation, but almost every pass play in the NFL sees at least one receiver — and often two or more — reading the defense and adjusting his route on the fly.

While many offenses feature route conversions that require three or four receivers each reading the coverage and making a decision based on specific keys, Witten does most of his damage with the original read-the-defense pass play — the option route. Compared to route conversions, an option route is actually pretty basic: The outside receivers run some sort of deep or clear-out route while an inside receiver, such as a running back or tight end like Witten, is given plenty of freedom to get open underneath.

Despite its backyard beginnings, there are specific coaching points on an option route. The first thing Witten must do is identify the defender over him and attack that defender’s leverage on his release from the line, typically by running directly at him. By running right at that defender — which is usually a linebacker or safety — Witten forces the defense to reveal how it is playing him. There are basically two things that can happen: The defense will either play zone or man-to-man. This does not always mean that what Witten identifies is literally what the defense has called, particularly in an NFL with increasingly complicated coverages, but by classifying them this way Witten is able to cut through the confusion and defeat whatever technique he faces.

bionic77

Bionic, why don't you like America? Xbox is American as Apple Pie
Donald Trump is going to be the President of America and was voted in by a large contingent of people who are averse to science and many of whom are hateful bigots. Our country is an embarrassment right now and is moving in entirely the wrong direction on pretty much any issue you want to pick. It looks like we will soon be a net negative to the world.

I think the better question is why are you such a fan of America and does MS really want to be associated with such a shitty country?

So, I was watching that YouTube rewind video. I recognized maybe 5 of the people in it, including the Rock, Trevor Noah and carpool karaoke British dude.

I'm so out of touch and old. #RIP

@ArmandoSalguero 12s13 seconds ago
Clyde Christensen asked when his OL will be back and whole: "Telling the future isn't one of my strengths."

I will say this coaching staff is refreshing compared to the last few ones we've had.

gutshot

So, I was watching that YouTube rewind video. I recognized maybe 5 of the people in it, including the Rock, Trevor Noah and carpool karaoke British dude.

I'm so out of touch and old. #RIP

What about Hodor? You had to have recognized Hodor?

Also the Damn Daniel and Water Bottle flip were really Vine memes. Youtube trying to steal the credit just like the scummy channels that rehosted them smh.

Duke basketball is good again so I have no further use for football.

But I hear Kuechly is practicing again. That's really the wrong move. The Panthers going 7-9 maybe isn't worth him risking his health

BigAT

why does my hip hurt

everything is the worst

I tweaked my back yesterday...from a cough.

But I've had a bad back since I was 16, so it's definitely not an age thing. It's fine. Everything is fine and great.

zJa8kX.gif

Zeke

KC's field is frozen, gonna be seeing players slipping and sliding all over the place tonight. I'm hyped!

But I've had a bad back since I was 16, so it's definitely not an age thing. It's fine. Everything is fine and great.

That blows dude. I've never had a bad back in my life, but last night after the gym I noticed a bit of soreness. I'm going to have to watch my form during squats/deadlifts a little more carefully next gym day. I think it was the deadlifts that killed me.

Bread

Banned
AT needs to get on that Greg workout plan

Fun fact: Greg is actually over 70, he just has the body of a 20 year old

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Every day this thread turns more into an AARP ad

Just got a life insurance plan through New York Life. I got $50,000 in term life insurance. Didn't have to take a medical exam and all I had to do was answer three simple questions.

BigAT

I herniated a disc when I was 16, so I've known the feel of being an Old for a while now.

That blows dude. I've never had a bad back in my life, but last night after the gym I noticed a bit of soreness. I'm going to have to watch my form during squats/deadlifts a little more carefully next gym day. I think it was the deadlifts that killed me.

Consider yourself lucky. Back pain is the absolute worst when it's bad. It's completely crippling.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Damn...we are all falling apart :(

I was thinking about music this morning.

I remember back in 1993, and thinking about how old Led Zeppelin was for me. I recall thinking "lord this music is so old...it's good but old". I grew up listening to Pink Floyd, Foghat, Wishbone Ash, and stuff like that. Mostly early 70's rock type stuff.

It occurred to me today that teens probably view stuff like fucking Rammstein, System of a Down, Rob Zombie, Nirvana, etc. as really old music. We're not too far off from fucking emo being played on classic rock stations, which is a genre that I hated because all the damn "kids" were listening to it and it was horrible!

The world is about to get really weird and surreal.

Greg

my chest cracks almost every time I sneeze now

shoulder pops every time I roll it back

cool

I herniated a disc when I was 16, so I've known the feel of being an Old for a while now.

Consider yourself lucky. Back pain is the absolute worst when it's bad. It's completely crippling.
that's rough... hurt my back 3 times, but nothing 'serious'

once was really bad and I couldn't twist or bend at all, the others just constant pain... shit was actually depressing

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis

I remember back in 1993, and thinking about how old Led Zeppelin was for me. I recall thinking "lord this music is so old...it's good but old". I grew up listening to Pink Floyd, Foghat, Wishbone Ash, and stuff like that. Mostly early 70's rock type stuff.

It occurred to me today that teens probably view stuff like fucking Rammstein, System of a Down, Rob Zombie, Nirvana, etc. as really old music. We're not too far off from fucking emo being played on classic rock stations, which is a genre that I hated because all the damn "kids" were listening to it and it was horrible!

I consider that old. lol

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I get a little knee pain every now and then but that's it. Probably because I'm 6'3" 270 these days....on yet another weight loss plan.

My back went "out" for like an hour two years ago and it was one of the more excruciating feelings. The only thing worse is when you get the super-painful-nearly-blackout-cold-sweat-have-to-lay-on-the-floor-mid-shitting-shits.

I consider that old. lol

Yeah well dog years and all

Never fuck around with the back.

I can tell you guys as a PI attorney that doctors can't do shit once you back gets messed up. Always make sure to lift properly and if you ever get sore then baby the fuck out of it until you get better (and make sure to yoga and stretch the fuck out of it once it does get better to protect yourself in the future).

Yeah it's a weird muscle group that you they recommend people working out to help strengthen but it's like "do it right". Kinda scares me when I do back exercises but I just try to go low weight and high reps.

bionic77

Never fuck around with the back.

I can tell you guys as a PI attorney that doctors can't do shit once you back gets messed up. Always make sure to lift properly and if you ever get sore then baby the fuck out of it until you get better (and make sure to yoga and stretch the fuck out of it once it does get better to protect yourself in the future).

I feel so old at work all the time, a lot of the coworkers I talk to are still in their early twenty's...and never get a ton of references from 80s-90s movies/music/tv shows...and then of course I never understand half the shit they are talking about :/

my chest cracks almost every time I sneeze now

shoulder pops every time I roll it back

cool

that's rough... hurt my back 3 times, but nothing 'serious'

once was really bad and I couldn't twist or bend at all, the others just constant pain... shit was actually depressing

I hurt my lower back taking a 12 pack of soda out of the grocery cart yesterday. Had to take 3 Aleve

Just got a life insurance plan through New York Life. I got $50,000 in term life insurance. Didn't have to take a medical exam and all I had to do was answer three simple questions.

Yeah...I think it's time we all went to the retirement home

Edit: I have back pain, hip pain, neck pain and knee pain when it gets cold or I do high impact work outs (which I now avoid)

I played a lot of sports when I was younger and I'm paying for it now :(

zJa8kX.gif

I slept wrong one night last week and when I got up my lower right back was killing me. I couldn't even put weight in that area and getting comfortable to lie back down was a chore. Took a few days for the discomfort to subside.

Top Bottom