• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 14 |OT| You Don't Own Me

gspec

People don't realize all the stuff Romo had to deal with over years to make this team competitive especially running Garrett boring predictable offense. Last year, exposed this team flaws without romo but this team get some success without him this season then throw him under the bus by not giving him his starting job back.

I have been saying that the problems with dallas offense for the last 9 years was going to show up and it did. Tony had to learn over the years how to win games with this offense. Now dallas is starting over with this learning process with Dak.

J@hranimo

Banned
ZpRoaPx.gif

Bronx-Man

Banned
Fuck it, let's just have a 36 year old with multiple back surgeries and 2 playoff wins be our starter until 2020. That's what the armchair GM's keep saying is the right move.

Fuck it, let's just have a 36 year old with multiple back surgeries and 2 playoff wins be our starter until 2020. That's what the armchair GM's keep saying is the right move.
If the Cowboys are smart, they will start Romo until he breaks, while preparing Dak to take the reins for that eventuality.

Luckily, it seems like they are not smart.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Complete garbage game for both offenses. I would say literally the worst I have seen this season from both but the Giants managed to actually be worse last week than this one.

The shining star of the game is Janoris Jenkins who has been worth every penny as Collinsworth said multiple times. Dez targeted 9 times, 1 completion but that turned into the FF. Dude has been a game changer and the 1A corner needed for Spags' defensive system to work.

Frankly I am shocked the Cowboys did not run more screens or take more deep shots while matched up in 1 v 1 due to all of the blitzing. The Cowboy OL allows for Dak to have the time.

Also, watching Tyron Smith is a thing of beauty. Forget about when CC highlighted him, but he was out of this world all night, textbook on that last drive when Vernon almost got there.

Fuck it, let's just have a 36 year old with multiple back surgeries and 2 playoff wins be our starter until 2020.

I mean to be fair, Dallas fans thought the exact same thing from January to September this year, with every single part just as accurate the whole time as it is now

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Or just how about someone who can throw the ball.

I'm not an expert or anything though.

Bronx-Man

Banned
I mean to be fair, Dallas fans thought the exact same thing from January to September this year, with every single part just as accurate the whole time as it is now

Yeah, but then we went out and found an elite qb. Stifling his greatness for the NFL equivalent of a '76 Impala where you can barely get the engine to start anymore is an awful idea on every level. It's like starting Favre over Rodgers when A-Rodge proved he had the stuff.

There is no reason to bench Dak now unless he continues to perform at tonight's level.

Cowboys still will most likely lock up the number 1 seed

Agree with 1.

No team should be willing to play Romo. Sometimes you need to prevent guys from ruining the rest of their lives.
Agreed, though it's not clear if that applies to Romo or not. If he's not healthy enough to play, he's not healthy enough to play. But that's a doctor problem if they're clearing him to play when he shouldn't.

Nick Collins wanted to play again, but thankfully (and unsurprisingly) no team would clear him.

There is no reason to bench Dak now unless he continues to perform at tonight's level.

Cowboys still will most likely lock up the number 1 seed

You forget what Jerry Jones said this week? that man loves him some Romo, Jones jr is probably trying to convince his father not to bench Dak...

Bitanator

Yeah, but then we went out and found an elite qb. Stifling his greatness for the NFL equivalent of a '76 Impala where you can barely get the engine to start anymore is an awful idea on every level. It's like starting Favre over Rodgers when A-Rodge proved he had the stuff.

Did you just in the same train of thought call Dak an elite QB then compare the situation to Rodgers and Farve?

Dak has played like shit the past three weeks, if Dallas fans want a chance at the Superbowl this year it is not through Dak, it is through Romo.

Oh god we're gonna get a ton of cowboys should bench Dak articles now aren't we?

Well your owner kinda open his mouth and expressed his love for Romo, and how he want to get him involved...probably would have been some small talk about it but Jones did this to all Cowboys fan..

If y'all think this is Daks first bad game...you might need to reevaluate how you look at QB performances, Not only does Romo win this game...he doesn't even need a last min drive to do it.

You ride him until he either wins you the owl or gets hurt. It's nice that Dak is good and you got a future QB but this team is in win now mode and they won't win shit with Dak this year.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Y'all know damn well the minute Tony throws a TAINT in the last 30 seconds of the NFCCG, everyone of ya gonna go "I KNEW IT, TONY CHOKES AGAIN, SHOULD'VE GONE WITH THE HOT HAND"

...unless...that's what everyone is counting on happening...

anigif_enhanced-buzz-17292-1383249588-29_o8kh9p.gif

If y'all think this is Daks first bad game...you might need to reevaluate how you look at QB performances, Not only does Romo win this game...he doesn't even need a last min drive to do it.

You ride him until he either wins you the owl or gets hurt. It's nice that Dak is good and you got a future QB but this team is in win now mode and they won't win shit with Dak this year.

They've won 11 games with Dak your point is moot, they are winning with him, did I step into the twilight zone where were 2-11?

Zeke

Welp that didn't take long

Well your owner kinda open his mouth and expressed his love for Romo, and how he want to get him involved...probably would have been some small talk about it but Jones did this to all Cowboys fan..
Exactly why I said I hope Romo bounces after the season as much as it hurts to say

Top Bottom