• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 14 |OT| You Don't Own Me

Bronx-Man

Banned
Dak Prescott is an elite QB and one off game is not going change that.

Maybe if he threw 5 picks in one game he'd be considered elite??? That's how it works for the other NFC teams, right?

wa7Hw1L.jpg

Pretty great, friend. Pretty great.
He played about as well today as he did during that super bowl win. To bad the D and the running game couldn't cover for him today.

God forbid we bench a rookie QB for 1.4 years before he permanently takes over the team. Oh we must be fair to Dak. Big deal, he isn't going anywhere, Tony has very limited time left, use him while you have him. The plan was never to play Dak right away, he's already got more experience than expected at this time in his career.

Use your Veteran, his time is running out. Can't believe that's controversial.

Personally I felt the Rams fans made a small statement today on how they felt about Fisher. You can almost hear the play calling and all the communication between the players meaning fans gave no fcks.

God forbid we bench a rookie QB for 1.4 years before he permanently takes over the team. Oh we must be fair to Dak. Big deal, he isn't going anywhere, Tony has very limited time left, use him while you have him. The plan was never to play Dak right away, he's already got more experience than expected at this time in his career.

Use your Veteran, his time is running out. Can't believe that's controversial.

You don't bench him after 1 terrible game. He's 11 and fucking 2 that were even discussing this is a joke, like seriously. Are you guys actually football fans or do you just come in here yelling about the next flavor of the week. If he continues to struggle then fine, 11 freaking wins out of 13 and were talking about switching QB's, I'm really baffled.

You don't bench him after 1 terrible game. He's 11 and fucking 2 that were even discussing this is a joke, like seriously. Are you guys actually football fans or do you just come in here yelling about the next flavor of the week. If he continues to struggle then fine, 11 freaking wins out of 13 and were talking about switching QB's, I'm really baffled.

Ok I'm being trolled then right? I'm in an emotional state after losing my QB so I can't tell.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Fine, start Tony. When he costs us a game from injury or a pick six in the 4th like he always does, I don't wanna hear a goddamn thing from anyone here.

Fine, start Tony. When he costs us a game from injury or a pick six in the 4th like he always does, I don't wanna hear a goddamn thing from anyone here.

He doesn't though...Romo is far more clutch then people realize...I know he's had bad throws and usually during Prime Time which get magnified so much more than usual but seriously...go look at his tape. Romo is one of the top QBs in the league...easily.

Bronx-Man

Banned
For years Tony gets mocked as a turnover machine and a shitty qb by people all over espn, fb, and twitter, but now he's a super bowl-level QB?

What world have I entered? Is this what Trump has done to our collective mindset? Is this the post-truth era?

Ok I'm being trolled then right? I'm in an emotional state after losing my QB so I can't tell.

How are you being trolled? I don't understand the logic of benching a QB that has a team at 11-2. Every one is so ready to make a changes every week for what. We lost by 3 points in a game away from home, it's not the end of the world.

I'm not too worried about the regular season, it's the playoffs that I'm thinking of. You can't throw Romo into the divisional round without playing a games, he needs these next few weeks to get prepared. I just don't see Dak winning an owl, he's a freaking rookie.

I want a guy that can sling a 30 yarder on 3rd down if the situation calls for it and from early in the season I've been saying this. I haven't seen Dak capable of that.

For years Tony gets mocked as a turnover machine and a shitty qb by people all over espn, fb, and twitter, but now he's a super bowl-level QB?

What world have I entered? Is this what Trump has done to our collective mindset? Is this the post-truth era?

I mean what's going on now is the same exact thing that happened with Romo. Loved him, but once he screwed up people were looking for someone else. If it was up to those people it would be a different QB every week.

Pepiope

How are you being trolled? I don't understand the logic of benching a QB that has a team at 11-2. Every one is so ready to make a changes every week for what. We lost by 3 points in a game away from home, it's not the end of the world.
The logic is that DAL has a legit shot at a SB this year, and it just isn't going to happen with Dak. I love that they're keeping him in, I don't want to see them win. The smart move is to go to Tony though.

Bronx-Man

Banned
He doesn't though...Romo is far more clutch then people realize...I know he's had bad throws and usually during Prime Time which get magnified so much more than usual but seriously...go look at his tape. Romo is one of the top QBs in the league...easily.

I'm just not sure if he can still play at that level anymore. Too many injuries, too many surgeries, hasn't played a full game in a year.

Because you are using the TEAMS record as justification for keeping Dak when he hasn't been playing well for a few weeks at least and you have a much better QB on the bench with far bigger upside. Since you insist on using QB wins, if Romo had started tonight Cowboys are 12-1, Romo is REALLY REALLY good and better than Dak, you bench Dak because Romo gives you the best chance to win.

You probably shouldn't take to heart the evaluations of ESPN and random people on twitter....that would probably help a lot right there.

I'm just not sure if he can still play at that level anymore. Too many injuries, too many surgeries, hasn't played a full game in a year.

Let's find out because if he does you have a shot at an owl....if you keep Dak you simply don't.

I'm not too worried about the regular season, it's the playoffs that I'm thinking of. You can't throw Romo into the divisional round without playing a games, he needs these next few weeks to get prepared. I just don't see Dak winning an owl, he's a freaking rookie.

I want a guy that can sling a 30 yarder on 3rd down if the situation calls for it and from early in the season I've been saying this. I haven't seen Dak capable of that.

He's thrown plenty of deep balls. I'm not even saying Dak is a better QB then Romo, I love Romo, but you cabt bench someone when the team is 11-2, I mean come on.

Because you are using the TEAMS record as justification for keeping Dak when he hasn't been playing well for a few weeks at least and you have a much better QB on the bench with far bigger upside. Since you insist on using QB wins, if Romo had started tonight Cowboys are 12-1, Romo is REALLY REALLY good and better than Dak, you bench Dak because Romo gives you the best chance to win.

You probably shouldn't take to heart the evaluations of ESPN and random people on twitter....that would probably help a lot right there.

Let's find out because if he does you have a shot at an owl....if you keep Dak you simply don't.

His stats hold up too, what in the heck is going on in here. Have you watched at all this season? 102.7 rating

http://www.nfl.com/player/dakprescott/2555260/profile

The logic is that DAL has a legit shot at a SB this year, and it just isn't going to happen with Dak. I love that they're keeping him in, I don't want to see them win. The smart move is to go to Tony though.

How do you guys know it's not gonna happen? They've won 11 games out of 13 with him, against tough defenses no less. The smart move is to stick with what got you there, not switch a QB cause they lost by 3 points to the Giants.

mreddie

Well, the Giants won

Eagles are pretty much out

Skins think they can sneak in.

Please, let the NFC East burn into a cinder by Christmas. If the Eagles can't make it, no one should...except the Boys who are already in.

His stats hold up too, what in the heck is going on in here. Have you watched at all this season? 102.7 rating

Yes I watch every cowboy game as well as my Dolphins and I also read through all the film breakdowns, I don't really care for individual stats without context, give me film review all day long. Dak misses a lot of throws, fails to read defenses that Romo would carve up in his sleep. This isn't a hit on Dak though...because he's a rookie, it's expected. But you're severely limiting yourself with Dak on offense.

I wish I could keep this up but I have to finish my homework and study for finals Tuesday. I'll just say (like I've been saying all season) if Cowboys want an Owl you need to start Romo now, past this week and it might be too late.

Bitanator

Dude you are calling out Cowboys fans for being fake because we are pointing to a reality of Dak playing like crap the past three weeks and you go on a regurgitate a espn talking point about Romo not being clutch in the fourth like a fake fan would do...

Um, those opinions are from people who are not fans of the Cowboys, unless you are so dense you hold them at their word on the QB of your team for the past ten years. For years Tony has been getting disrespected by people who hate on the cowboys and uninformed Dallas fans.

You call somebody out and ask if they even watch the games, then proceed to post the most useless stat for a QB. Dak is actually playing really well overall this year, but the past three weeks he is obviously struggled. QB rating is a shit stat, hell he had 100 rating last week, anybody with eyes who watched could tell you it was his worst game by far until tonight.

And it's funny cause all of sudden they are fans of Romo, before all this Romo got shat on constantly, but now he's the savior of a team that's 11-2.

Who shit on him? Non Dallas fans or fair weather fans?

So what's the best stat to use then? If wins don't count and rating doesn't count, then what is it?

Sorry one final thing,

Film Review.

Seriously find a few people who breakdown each Cowboy game and you'll start to get an idea of what to look for on your own and you won't need stats without context to form an opinion on a QB. That's the only way to properly get an idea of how a player (in any position) is doing. The NFL (unlike other sports) Just can't be broken down into stats, there are 22 players on the field at any one time, so many things happen that affect every player and every play that you can't put it into a single stat.

I haven't seen you around here before so I hope you won't get frustrated with us and join us, sometime we manage to stop making fun of each other and we'll post really good information/film reviews/break downs. I post them each week about the dolphins even though nobody probably reads them.

Dude you are calling out Cowboys fans for being fake because we are pointing to a reality of Dak playing like crap the past three weeks and you go on a regurgitate a espn talking point about Romo not being clutch in the fourth like a fake fan would do...

Um, those opinions are from people who are not fans of the Cowboys, unless you are so dense you hold them at their word on the QB of your team for the past ten years. For years Tony has been getting disrespected by people who hate on the cowboys and uninformed Dallas fans.

You call somebody out and ask if they even watch the games, then proceed to post the most useless stat for a QB. Dak is actually playing really well overall this year, but the past three weeks he is obviously struggled. QB rating is a shit stat, hell he had 100 rating last week, anybody with eyes who watched could tell you it was his worst game by far until tonight.

Who shit on him? Non Dallas fans or fair weather fans?

What am I supposed to post then? Wins aren't good enough to post, rating isn't good enough to post. He's struggled the past 3 weeks, who's to say Romo wouldn't have either. I mean come on stats back it up and wins back it up, what else is there that's left?

And mostly fair weather fans

Top Bottom