• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 14 |OT| You Don't Own Me

For the QB position, I've never heard a compelling argument against EPA as the stat to use. It's dependent on the rest of the offense -- so what? So is the QB position itself.

Sorry one final thing,

Film Review.

Seriously find a few people who breakdown each Cowboy game and you'll start to get an idea of what to look for on your own and you won't need stats without context to form an opinion on a QB. That's the only way to properly get an idea of how a player (in any position) is doing. The NFL (unlike other sports) Just can't be broken down into stats, there are 22 players on the field at any one time, so many things happen that affect every player and every play that you can't put it into a single stat.

I haven't seen you around here before so I hope you won't get frustrated with us and join us, sometime we manage to stop making fun of each other and we'll post really good information/film reviews/break downs. I post them each week about the dolphins even though nobody probably reads them.

I pop in every once in a while, but I don't really like to discuss this stuff too much. Romo of the 2014 season of course is a better QB then Dak, I'm not even questioning who is, but you can't just throw him in there after a year of not playing a snap in a regular season game.

Bitanator

What am I supposed to post then? Wins aren't good enough to post, rating isn't good enough to post. He's struggled the past 3 weeks, who's to say Romo wouldn't have either. I mean come on stats back it up and wins back it up, what else is there that's left?

And mostly fair weather fans

Dak is actually leading or in top five in most categories this season, he is playing beyond well which is why we are at this point. These games are catching up with him, the offense has stalled for three weeks, his decision making is all over the place and tonight looked worse than his debut game.

I'm thinking of Superbowl this year, if Dak cannot snap out of this funk then Dallas fans can kiss that thought goodbye. I'm going to ride with him still here I know what he brings the team when he is on his game, and to be honest this is the first game where I was not confident he would get it done in the fourth. I have seen him win anyway you can slice it, but three weeks of ugly play has me nervous of Dallas chances if it continues

Bitanator

Sean Lee had 18 tackles tonight. The man was a wrecking ball. Impressive as hell.

PFF did not even have him above 80, bullshit... He had so many impact plays it was insane how in tune he was, their grading on him this year is so unfair, proof that they are full of shit

ZaCH3000

When is Linehan going to open the play book? I have been watching the same offense for 13 games. I am getting the impression Dallas does not game scheme week to week.

You would think after 13 weeks Linehan will draw up plays aligning with Dak's strengths. The offense rarely bootlegs, calls RB misdirection, is predictable with play action, fails to take advantage of LBs in QB spy coverage by running receivers in mid to deep cross routes, take advantage of 6 man blitz packages with 3 and 5 step drop backs on quick slant routes with the option of going deep with a receiver down the seam, etc.

I am holding onto hope that the Cowboys have been waiting for a loss to open up the offensive play book.

Dak is actually leading or in top five in most categories this season, he is playing beyond well which is why we are at this point. These games are catching up with him, the offense has stalled for three weeks, his decision making is all over the place and tonight looked worse than his debut game.

I'm thinking of Superbowl this year, if Dak cannot snap out of this funk then Dallas fans can kiss that thought goodbye. I'm going to ride with him still here I know what he brings the team when he is on his game, and to be honest this is the first game where I was not confident he would get it done in the fourth. I have seen him win anyway you can slice it, but three weeks of ugly play has me nervous of Dallas chances if it continues

I don't think about the Superbowl because we're not even there, we may be one and done. We have a bunch of other obstacles to tackle first before my mind even goes there.

PFF did not even have him above 80, bullshit... He had so many impact plays it was insane how in tune he was, their grading on him this year is so unfair, proof that they are full of shit

Well, I'm mean we all already knew that. Very few in this thread give PFF any real credence for a reason.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
It's kind of blowing my mind that after all the shit I gave Rodgers this sesaon, along with most other Packer fans on this board, the dude might end up winning the MVP if they win out. He's having one hell of a second half of the season.

Mrbob

I mostly like Wentz except for that game losing sack concerns me. I understand the tackle got burned but Wentz didn't feel the pressure at all. Don't like the QB attribute of low pocket presence.

Packers won...

but every other team they needed to lose ended up winning as well

and Rodgers is a gimp again

is TLG everything you wanted?!

Rodgers seems to throw the ball better as a gimp though. He should stay injured every season.

Eleuin

It's kind of blowing my mind that after all the shit I gave Rodgers this sesaon, along with most other Packer fans on this board, the dude might end up winning the MVP if they win out. He's having one hell of a second half of the season.

he was the worst qb in football at some points so nah

LJ11

I know, I look at it and laugh I just can't believe they can watch that game and not see him as one of the best players on the field tonight

He was nasty in the run game. Did he have any penalties? Wonder if they dinged him in pass coverage. Whatever, he had a good game.

MechDX

image_zpsf6rw48fi.jpeg

source.gif

What am I supposed to post then? Wins aren't good enough to post, rating isn't good enough to post. He's struggled the past 3 weeks, who's to say Romo wouldn't have either. I mean come on stats back it up and wins back it up, what else is there that's left?

And mostly fair weather fans

To me Dak has looked mediocre most of the season. It's hard to judge a player when the offensive line is running through defenses with the best RB in the league behind it. That will leave you a lot of time to make a lot of easy throws. Nobody knows if Romo is actually healthy, so there's no sense of putting him out there. But we've seen over the years that Romo can get it done with less talent.

Kinda feel bad for Romo: they finally have a really really good team and his health gave out on him. Never understood the people hating on him. Unreal QB playing in a mediocre team for most of his career. Then you have Eli with two SB wins, which is unbelievable when you see how mediocre he is. He was doing everything in his power to give that game to Dallas.

Wasn't just Eli/Dak stinking up the place today...
Russell Wilson, Drew Brees and Ben Roethlisberger combined for 1 TD, 11 interceptions.

Hindl

I mostly like Wentz except for that game losing sack concerns me. I understand the tackle got burned but Wentz didn't feel the pressure at all. Don't like the QB attribute of low pocket presence.

Rodgers seems to throw the ball better as a gimp though. He should stay injured every season.

He's had remarkable pocket presence for the most part, that was just the 4th string RT putting up no effort

How come Wentz doesn't get posts like these? I wonder why...

Because wentz doesn't have Dallas' receivers, running game, or the top ol that has also been remarkably healthy. The last wentz sack came against the 4th string RT. Chill Dak is great, he's just hitting the rookie wall

KaYotiX

Banned
Seeing Green Bay shit on Seattle made my day. Just saw the highlights :)

Just a shame they might not even make the playoffs without help. Crazy how different the team has looked, don't think anybody wants to see them in the playoffs if they get there.

Bitanator

Wish this loss did not have to come from the Giants just due to the fuckery that now can ensue, but glad we don't have to face the possibility of the 15-1 curse that has killed the dreams of everyone besides the 49ers.

who knows could be the catalyst for our dream year. Have to lock it up against two good teams next, I think Dak will bounce back enough to get it done

CzONBQ9WgAE-D9W.jpg:large

Shows how well he has done so far, but these past three weeks have been ugly ducks from him, needs to get back to being comfortable in the offense

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Is it just me or are the Cowboys on national or somewhat national TV every week? I don't even have cable any more and I feel I have seen almost every game. Two straight Thursday games and two straight Sunday nighters along with the Sunday night game to start the season and I think another Sunday night game against the Eagles along with all of their game of the week 4 PM games on Fox.

Bottom line for me is that Dak is out here managing the game behind the best OL in the league, the second best running game in the league, and a defense that has turned out to be pretty good.

Cam Newton completed 37% of his passes yesterday. Ouch

He's only completed 54% of his passes on the season.

Bad OL play aside, he's been ABHORRENT this year. He was better 2 years ago when the oline wasn't much better and he was playing battered and bruised every week.

BigAT

Sean Lee had 18 tackles tonight. The man was a wrecking ball. Impressive as hell.

I forget the exact numbers, but there was some point yesterday where Lee had personally ended like 5 out of first 6 Giants drives with plays on third down. It was insane.

It's funny, I woke up this morning with all the negative feelings I typically have after a bad loss. Still can't believe they managed to pull that out despite having only 84 yards of offense at the half, 3 turnovers, and basically just a single big offensive play the entire game. Defense was just phenomenal yesterday.

I feel really bad for Shane Vereen. He worked extremely hard to get back and by all accounts was incredibly excited this entire week to be out on the field again, then suffers a concussion in his first play back. You could tell immediately how frustrated he was.

Striker

Very happy about the win. I don't even care the offense played as sloppy as they did. The FA pickups: Snacks, Jenkins, and Vernon have been massive dividends. It's one thing to have coaching, but you need the right players in those schemes and often times talented ones to put your group over the top. Spags has that. Thought Okwara was impressive too considering he did not get a lot of snaps prior to JPP going out.

Morning, friends.

Had to recheck their schedule, but completely forgot the Cowboys were coming in last night on extra days rest. Makes the Giants defensive performance last night more astounding in hindsight.

BigAT

Cam Newton completed 37% of his passes yesterday. Ouch

He's only completed 54% of his passes on the season.

Bad OL play aside, he's been ABHORRENT this year. He was better 2 years ago when the oline wasn't much better and he was playing battered and bruised every week.

It's not hard to understand. You think anyone that dresses like this is going to have the self-confidence to fit a ball into tight coverage?

CzcJeY7XAAAWVQF.jpg:large

Morning, friends.

Had to recheck their schedule, but completely forgot the Cowboys were coming in last night on extra days rest. Makes the Giants defensive performance last night more astounding in hindsight.

The cowboys offense played like dog shit after the bye week too. It's like, having the extra rest and time off is a negative for them

Top Bottom