• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 14 |OT| You Don't Own Me

bigosc2k

Banned
USA Today Ranks the head coach GMs

usatsi_9273188-1-copy.jpg

Howie/dougie came in 29th.

way to fucking high
Chip and Trent deserve to be 32 not 25

DMczaf

Great news about Tannehill. My wife is a Dolphins fan so she'll be ecstatic.

I am feeling very confident about the Dallas game. The only way it doesn't happen is if the D comes back down to earth, which is of course a real possibility, but with all the takeaways... I think we'll punish Dak.

Honestly this is the best team we've had since maybe 2005?

the confidence. The cutdown on mistakes. The swag of our QB. Getting pressure with just our front 4.

Doing it

Via Andy Schwartz of CSNPhilly.com, long snapper/magician Jon Dorenbos is out for the rest of the season after undergoing surgery to repair his broken wrist.

Rookie running back Wendell Smallwood and offensive lineman Matt Tobin are also likely headed for season-ending injured reserve with knee injuries, and coach Doug Pederson said safety Jaylen Watkins (finger) could be joining them.

Running back Darren Sproles is also in the concussion protocol after taking a hard hit while waiting to field a punt.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-three-for-the-season-including-jon-dorenbos/

If the Eagles get one more win this season Pederson will have a better rookie coaching record than Andy Reid.
So you are saying that Reid's record is safe? Also reid took over a terrible team, and he play Douglas his qb for most of the season. Reid did a great job and it was clear things were heading in the right direction after that first year. Doug is really struggling, 2-8 in his last 10 with several losses directly on him.

So you are saying that Reid's record is safe? Also reid took over a terrible team, and he play Douglas his qb for most of the season. Reid did a great job and it was clear things were heading in the right direction after that first year. Doug is really struggling, 2-8 in his last 10 with several losses directly on him.

Hate to break it to you, but Pederson also inherited a terrible team. Literally the worst WR corps in the history of the franchise. And Doug would have preferred to play Bradford most of the season. Reid did do a great job as HC, but his first year record didn't show it much. The two are very similar thus far, and hopefully that will prove to be true in the future. I also think the Eagles will win at least one more game before the season is over, on top of that, so Pederson will probably have a better rookie coaching record. The worst he can do is tie the rookie coaching record of the best HC the Eagles have ever had.

Hate to break it to you, but Pederson also inherited a terrible team. Literally the worst WR corps in the history of the franchise. And Doug would have preferred to play Bradford most of the season. Reid did do a great job as HC, but his first year record didn't show it much. The two are very similar thus far, and hopefully that will prove to be true in the future. I also think the Eagles will win at least one more game before the season is over, on top of that, so Pederson will probably have a better rookie coaching record. The worst he can do is tie the rookie coaching record of the best HC the Eagles have ever had.
Eagles were not a terrible team at all at the end of last year. They needed to improve the ol, wrs, and secondary. They did improve the ol, but Howie did nothing for wr, and he gave away Rowe and all the dB's signings have been terrible. Doug cost them the giants and cowboys games directly with his terrible decisions, he has also shown that he is incapable of calling plays. Things are trending downwards not upwards and that is a bad sign.

Eagles were not a terrible team at all at the end of last year. They needed to improve the ol, wrs, and secondary. They did improve the ol, but Howie did nothing for wr, and he gave away Rowe and all the dB's signings have been terrible. Doug cost them the giants and cowboys games directly with his terrible decisions, he has also shown that he is incapable of calling plays. Things are trending downwards not upwards and that is a bad sign.

They were a terrible team at the end of last year. They had a losing record despite being in one of the weakest divisions in the NFL last season and being relatively healthy and having less offensive line issues. Their defense was even more putrid than it was this year. Also, putting those two losses solely on Pederson is absolutely ridiculous. The team also would have won if the WRs didn't drop passes constantly or if the defense hadn't shit the bed against Dallas in the 4th quarter. It's just silly. I don't think things for the Eagles are trending downward at all. Wentz is getting better, which is really all that matters this season. Expecting Howie to fix all of the problems Chip created with the roster in one offseason is ridiculous. He fixed two of them, the QB and the OL (when Lane Johnson isn't a suspended moron). Hopefully next year he can fix one or two other position groups. Preferably CB and WR, but I wouldn't mind if he fixed the LBs and RBs as well.

Belichick the top GM?

List is garbage.

No list is combined coach/GM, the cheat being the top is still ridiculous due to the cheating but they are saying the Pats have the best combination of coaching and GMing.

Speaking of GMing, Vinny Curry was on the field yesterday for 15 snaps. So even though he was healthy he only played like 1/5 of the defensive plays. Curry's making $1 million this year, $9 million next year and $11 million in 2018. The Eagles can get out after 2018 with "only a minimal acceleration of dead money — $4 million after 2018 or $2 million after 2019." Of all the bad contracts howie has given out this might actually be the worst. I mean at least Ertz did something yesterday.

No list is combined coach/GM, the cheat being the top is still ridiculous due to the cheating but they are saying the Pats have the best combination of coaching and GMing.

Speaking of GMing, Vinny Curry was on the field yesterday for 15 snaps. So even though he was healthy he only played like 1/5 of the defensive plays. Curry's making $1 million this year, $9 million next year and $11 million in 2018. The Eagles can get out after 2018 with "only a minimal acceleration of dead money — $4 million after 2018 or $2 million after 2019." Of all the bad contracts howie has given out this might actually be the worst. I mean at least Ertz did something yesterday.

Yeah Curry is a huge disappointment. It's a bad contract. I don't think he's as good in a 4-3 defense as he was in a 3-4. I'm hoping they can trade him to a team that needs a pass rusher because he's shown he can get at QBs in the right scheme. They also need to jettison Barwin, sadly.

Top Bottom