• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 14 |OT| You Don't Own Me

Bread

Banned
We need Blarry now. Any chance the Ravens are actually really good and beat the Pats this week? We need anyone else to get the #1 seed in the AFC this year. Bill cant bug every other stadium in the NFL, especially not like he has the Pats stadium bugged. I wonder if the Pats do win the SB this year if the cheat will have Trump come out and grab the trophy with him? No doubt he will be on the sideline with him during the SB.
Pats will go up 26-10

Ravens will come back and make it 26-23

Flacco will get the ball with 2 minutes left and throw a pick to Harmon

He had to play at that insane level he started out at in order to have a chance, considering he missed four games. He has come back down to earth.
His numbers are still great, he just isn't getting TDs because of Blount.

Dishwalla

Banned
I think the Raiders can still win the West, they can take it back as soon as next Sunday if we win and KC loses. All three of the Chiefs remaining games are very lose-able games for them, especially now with that big hole on defense they have after losing DJ.

Of course all three of the Raiders games are lose-able too, but I think we'll be fine. Would not be surprised if we still won the division. Believe in Mariota.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
So hilarious news.

Our VP of marketing took a bunch of us out for lunch today because we did a few videos for the company. He ended up talking to me and said he really thinks I should be doing voiceover work because I have a good voice I guess.

Sounds interesting but told him not like I'd know where to even begin for something like that. He then tells me he might have a few contacts and will get back to me.

So if he puts me in contact with some people sure let's try this out, not like there's anything to lose right? If not ah well.

Gobias

Banned
So hilarious news.

Our VP of marketing took a bunch of us out for lunch today because we did a few videos for the company. He ended up talking to me and said he really thinks I should be doing voiceover work because I have a good voice I guess.

Sounds interesting but told him not like I'd know where to even begin for something like that. He then tells me he might have a few contacts and will get back to me.

So if he puts me in contact with some people sure let's try this out, not like there's anything to lose right? If not ah well.

Is it voice over work for hentai?

So hilarious news.

Wait...so this isn't you? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTunhRVyREU

So hilarious news.

Can't wait to hear you as the voice of Solid Snake my friend.

I think the Raiders can still win the West, they can take it back as soon as next Sunday if we win and KC loses. All three of the Chiefs remaining games are very lose-able games for them, especially now with that big hole on defense they have after losing DJ.

Of course all three of the Raiders games are lose-able too, but I think we'll be fine. Would not be surprised if we still won the division. Believe in Mariota.

Just got to wait and see. AFC West is too good. Hell, even the Chargers are best bad team this year.

Bread

Banned
you could audition for breadstream ads, consumers are souring on boban's voice. they're saying that it "makes them feel weird".

you could audition for breadstream ads, consumers are souring on boban's voice. they're saying that it "makes them feel weird".
tumblr_nxwzgvgb171qzh561o3_500.gif

Line_HTX

So hilarious news.

So you're going to be in some commercial where you'll say "FIGHT ME"?

Bread

Banned
i'm upset that Jimmy Fallin didn't have me on to stream Zelda live

we are now boycotting his show until they have me on!

#BreadcottFallin

So hilarious news.

yasssssss

Kave gonna become a star :''''3

bionic77

Raiders lost and Carr played like shit, it happened past your bedtime last night so can't blame you.

Brady hasn't played great either the past few weeks, I think he's out of the running.
That actually helps Carr. But he has to finish strong.

They can't win without him whereas the Pats can win with anyone behind center as long as they cheat.

Syrinx

Steve ReedVerified account
‏@SteveReedAP
Daryl Williams, David Mayo and Charles Johnson are OUT for Panthers. Mario Addison, Luke Kuechly, Kurt Coleman, Daryl Worley questionable.

Ehh whatever

Let's talk about the growing sentiment in some quarters of Panthers Nation that Kelvin Benjamin actually makes the Panthers' offense worse.

Huh? you all say.

Benjamin is a physical freak. He's bigger and stronger than most guys at his position, runs like a gazelle, and catches everything within 3 feet of him.

In a lot of ways, he's the WR version of Cam Newton.

Benjamin is lazy and occasionally disinterested. He'll whine and complain when things don't go his way, he'll check out of plays where he's not the intended target, sometimes quitting his routes all together and not giving his QB an extra option to keep plays alive. I've never seen a receiver get called for as many holding penalties in run block situations as he is, mainly because he lacks the form to be a good blocker and the desire to improve himself in ways that don't involve catching the football.

In a lot of ways, he's the WR version of Cam Newton.

I find it hard to blame EVERYTHING on him (this season has been a catastrophic breakdown on every level of the offense), but Cam absolutely looked more comfortable last year when he was forced to spread the ball around to guys like Ginn and Brown and Funchess as opposed to this year where he's trying so hard to get Benjamin the ball and keep him interested in plays.

What you just described actually seems fairly common.

I mean, Matthew Stafford lost Calvin Johnson this past offseason and is arguably playing the best football of his career. But it makes sense in that NFL offenses are most effective when the defense has to account for everybody on the field on every play.

This has been a major focus of Dirk Koetter's coaching of Jameis Winston. He has stressed to him time and time again not to lock onto Mike Evans and use him as a crutch as often as he does. You can see him do this early on in games, and it's when he's most prone to turn the ball over. When he starts getting the ball to Cameron Brate, Adam Humphries, Russell Shepard, etc., that's when he and the offense start to click. And this makes Evans better also since now he has more soft coverages and one-on-one matchups.

I hesitate to say losing these guys makes teams better, though. I think with Benjamin, this problem shows a weakness with Cam and/or Mike Shula relying on him too much and/or Ron Rivera and his staff's ability to coach Benjamin into a more complete and focused player and make him understand that spreading the ball around helps him, not hurts him.

Farooq

Banned
He's actually been making some nice throws recent weeks. He has steadily improved all season really.

Yeah he has. The biggest problem he has right now is when he perceives pressure and he doesn't throw with great balance. He also throws a little high on deep digs.

jbug617

Banned
So hilarious news.

the new voice of Animu.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
So hilarious news.

Sounds like a fun opportunity.

Certainly adds to your creative background I suppose!

MechDX

FINALLY got my Christmas lights up. Yeah it's late but I've been working a lot combined with a newborn....

Merry Christmas you fuckers

Waits for Dutch to post the Clark Griswold pic....

Shitting the bed in the highest profile game Oakland has played in a decade does not help Carr.

While he was shitty, his receivers were possibly even worse. His adjusted completion percentage will look a little better.

It really won't matter if he finishes strong, which I think he will. The team needed a game like this before they go into the playoffs. It will end up being a good learning experience, and better now than in January. They have 10 days to heal up and are getting Mario Edwards and Aldon Smith both back and fresh for the playoffs.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Lions waived TE Brandon Pettigrew from Reserve/Non-Football Injury.

Been meaning to ask what happened with him?

Injuries. We drafted him in 2009 at #20 with a pick we acquired from trading Roy Williams to the Cowboys. He was a very solid run blocker and was decent when healthy as a Receiver but never lived up to that #20 pick that was supposed to be a security blanket for Stafford when we drafted him in the same draft.

Farooq

Banned
That pick could have been Clay Matthews. Imagine prime Matthews and prime Ware. Or it could have been Alex Mack/Max Unger and provided protection for Romo. Jerry is the worst.

Top Bottom