• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 15 |OT| We didn't do it

Bread

Banned
What is considered exciting?

The TD pass to Brandon Lafell against the Ravens 2 years ago in the playoffs? The TD pass to Kenbrell Thompkins against the saints? TD to Jules in the Super Bowl! Urlacher Juke? Flea flicker in 07 against the Steelers?
See it's not even worth responding, they aren't changing their minds.

bionic77

I'm just asking what you're standards are, I would rank all those as exciting plays. I guess a random lucky deep throw is exciting if you're a shit team?

https://youtu.be/iBJqYb25PyQ <- Thompkins TD
https://youtu.be/taUAxRrGpCc <- LaFell TD
https://youtu.be/Ic19dXhpR-E <- Flea Flicker against Steelers
https://youtu.be/f_b8hQ6sIm0 <- 99 yard pass to Welker

I could find more if you want to have more material to jerk off too behind you IKEA desk.
None of those plays is spectacular.

The first two are very good throws where he has plenty of protection and delivers a ball that really an NFL qb us support to deliver. The 2nd one was more impressive than the first but it is a throw we have seen almost every starting qb make. I have even seen Cleveland qb's make both of those throws.

The 3rd play is an exciting play but not really because of Brady. The receiver was 20 yards open and the ball was underthrown but it made no difference because of how badly the Steelers bit on it.

The last one was just a throw to someone in stride.

These are not spectacular plays. Its a qb with a clean pocket delivering the ball. You can argue that it was more impressive because of the pressure involved with some of them, but there was nothing inherently amazing about the throws or the qb play. If you want to see a truly spectacular throw from a qb go look up some of Peytons deep passes in his prime. I have not seen anyone who can replicate his ridiculous timing and accuracy in breaking down cover 2 before or since then. It was like a videogame.

Also, don't ever say that I buy furniture from IKEA like some Tabris. I won't hesitate to throw hands. My knees are not hurting at this exact moment so that makes me a dangerous man (at least until tomorrow when they will probably hurt again).

Pepiope

I will agree with anyone if what they say is true. Mark Eckel has been killing howie as well the last few weeks on his podcast. I am just super happy to see the media start to turn on him. Hopefully they can get into Luries head and get him to rid us of this curse sooner rather then later. No one in the history of football has been given longer to build a playoff winner and failed every single year. This guy has been in the front office since Reid was here. 3 different head coaches, zero playoff wins and he just skates by.
Are you just going to pretend that he had much power while Reid was here?

Are we pretending that Chip didn't run the show here either?

This is the first time where he's completely in charge, and he had a very successful off-season.

Is Dak regressing:

Game
CMP%
YDS
TD
INT

12/11
@
Giants

12/1
@
Vikings

11/24
vs
Redskins

Three straight games under 200 yards, I would think this would be cause for concern. I really do wonder if the Cowboys will play Romo week 17 if they have everything clinched by then as a bit of an audition.

jmdajr

Is Dak regressing:

Game
CMP%
YDS
TD
INT

12/11
@
Giants

12/1
@
Vikings

11/24
vs
Redskins

Three straight games under 200 yards, I would think this would be cause for concern. I really do wonder if the Cowboys will play Romo week 17 if they have everything clinched by then as a bit of an audition.

Brock is jealous

Is Dak regressing:

I hope Dallas goes down by 3 scores to the bucs by halftime so they put Romo in

bionic77

Is Dak regressing:

Game
CMP%
YDS
TD
INT

12/11
@
Giants

12/1
@
Vikings

11/24
vs
Redskins

Rookie wall.

Same thing happened to Ben.

Dak at least has Zeke to carry him.

dionysus

Yaldog
A rookie QB regressing after sufficient amount of tape is available to DCs is almost guaranteed. Defenses figure out what kind of pressure they are good against and what kind they can't handle, figure out small tells, figure out situational tendencies, etc. Sophomore slump is a real thing for QBs.

Pepiope

Wentz may break the record for most passing yards in a season. He just needs 702 in 3 games. He may also be our first 4K yard passer. OH YA!

Pepiope

You're acting like those stats suggest something good.

Where does he rank on ypa
You give Tom Brady our receivers, and injured line and tell me where he would rank with ypa.
Probably would be #1, he'd find some way to cheat.

Football is so much more fun when you have a QB.

Farooq

Banned
Is Dak regressing:

Game
CMP%
YDS
TD
INT

12/11
@
Giants

12/1
@
Vikings

11/24
vs
Redskins

He has faced two of the top defenses in the NFC. His numbers were bound to go down.

None of those plays is spectacular.

The first two are very good throws where he has plenty of protection and delivers a ball that really an NFL qb us support to deliver. The 2nd one was more impressive than the first but it is a throw we have seen almost every starting qb make. I have even seen Cleveland qb's make both of those throws.

The 3rd play is an exciting play but not really because of Brady. The receiver was 20 yards open and the ball was underthrown but it made no difference because of how badly the Steelers bit on it.

The last one was just a throw to someone in stride.

These are not spectacular plays. Its a qb with a clean pocket delivering the ball. You can argue that it was more impressive because of the pressure involved with some of them, but there was nothing inherently amazing about the throws or the qb play. If you want to see a truly spectacular throw from a qb go look up some of Peytons deep passes in his prime. I have not seen anyone who can replicate his ridiculous timing and accuracy in breaking down cover 2 before or since then. It was like a videogame.

Also, don't ever say that I buy furniture from IKEA like some Tabris. I won't hesitate to throw hands. My knees are not hurting at this exact moment so that makes me a dangerous man (at least until tomorrow when they will probably hurt again).

Only truth now: the Pats have a great system, but it really isn't Brady who makes it go. Brady is a very good cog within the system, but the system itself starts at the line of scrimmage. Belicheat's entire scheme is based on controlling LoS.

It's why you have guys like Blount, BJGE, White--mediocre RBs anywhere else--excelling in NE. Thinking back, it's really only Curtis Martin who might be considered a perennial Pro Bowler/future HoFer at RB from NE. Basically, plug in just about anyone and they'll run through gaping holes created by that OL for 5/6/7 yards.

That sets up short distance 2nd and 3rd downs, which allows Brady to zip the ball to the fast, little, scrappy dude (exhibit A: Edelman, exhibit B: Welker, exhibit C: Troy Brown) who can run his little 2-3 yard underneath crossing pattern (with help from pick plays/interfering TEs/etc).

Brady typically has all day to throw the ball. But as has been said, Brady is 180-52 (77% win pct) in regular season games. Without him they're 14-6 (70%).

Bottom line: in the system the Pats run, Brady makes the team 7% better than they are without him.

Gronk is the real difference here, by the way. He's a matchup nightmare. But again, even without him, the game isn't being won by Brady or Edelman or Blount, it's being won at the line of scrimmage. And just like Trump, Bill won't mention them because he wants you to focus on Blount, on Gronk, on Edelman, on Brady. He's making you focus on individual players, when he is winning the game with his OL playing as a unit.

Also, on defense, the Pats play completely differently between the 20s than they do inside the RZ. Their entire goal is to hold you to FGs while they score TDs.

When Denver beat NE in the AFCCG, it was because they won in the trenches. They controlled the LoS, kept it to 3rd and long, hit Brady because he had to allow for longer routes. Miller destroyed their RT (can't remember his name).

Find the team that can not only get to Brady but can stop the run game, control the LoS, and you have the team that can take them. And even then, it's gonna be close. Also, don't fucking kick FGs. The only time you kick a FG against the Trumpriots is if there are 5 seconds left in the game and a FG wins it for you. That's it. Otherwise, go all Madden on them and go for TDs.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Ripcoil is a pretty neat online multiplayer VR game...futuristic 1v1 frisbee duels.

Online VR Ping Pong needs to happen already.

Dolphins special teams coordinator Darren Rizzi said he was “offended” and “taken aback” by allegations from Arizona coach Bruce Arians that the Dolphins mimicked a snap count that resulted in an ugly missed extra point by Cardinals kicker Chandler Catanzaro in the first quarter of last week’s game.

And then Rizzi turned wiseguy.

“Now to be honest with you, I don’t know one of the three he was talking about because they missed three,”
Rizzi said of Catanzaro, who missed a field goal, missed an extra point and had another extra point blocked and returned for two points by the Dolphins.

“So the very first one they had three guys jump offside and the play really should have got shut down by the officials. If you go back and watch the play their long snapper, left guard and left tackle all moved and they really should have shut the play down, so I don’t know if that got the rhythm a lit bit off.

“And the other two, he hit the upright on one, and we returned the other one for two (points).”

Arians made his allegation to Alex Marvez, radio host and NFL Insider for The Sporting News, and Bill Polian, the ex-NFL general manager, on Sirius XM NFL Radio.

Rizzi, who also serves as the Dolphins’ assistant head coach, didn’t hear Arians’ claim firsthand.

“Someone brought it to my attention last night,” Rizzi said Wednesday during his weekly media address.

“I can tell you that we didn’t do anything illegal so I’m kind of a little bit taken back by it, and quite frankly a little bit offended by it. It’s really accusing us of cheating, really to be honest with you so I was a little bit offended by it.

“We certainly didn’t do anything illegal. We did our normal field goal block procedure.”

Rizzi then took another shot at the Cardinals regarding the game being played, at times, in a driving rain.

“Other than me making it rain when they had the ball, we didn’t do anything,” Rizzi quipped. “There was nothing that we did that was illegal.”

lol Rizzi taking shots at Arians for being a sore loser

Tom Penny

Only truth now: the Pats have a great system, but it really isn't Brady who makes it go. Brady is a very good cog within the system, but the system itself starts at the line of scrimmage. Belicheat's entire scheme is based on controlling LoS.

It's why you have guys like Blount, BJGE, White--mediocre RBs anywhere else--excelling in NE. Thinking back, it's really only Curtis Martin who might be considered a perennial Pro Bowler/future HoFer at RB from NE. Basically, plug in just about anyone and they'll run through gaping holes created by that OL for 5/6/7 yards.

That sets up short distance 2nd and 3rd downs, which allows Brady to zip the ball to the fast, little, scrappy dude (exhibit A: Edelman, exhibit B: Welker, exhibit C: Troy Brown) who can run his little 2-3 yard underneath crossing pattern (with help from pick plays/interfering TEs/etc).

Brady typically has all day to throw the ball. But as has been said, Brady is 180-52 (77% win pct) in regular season games. Without him they're 14-6 (70%).

Bottom line: in the system the Pats run, Brady makes the team 7% better than they are without him.

Gronk is the real difference here, by the way. He's a matchup nightmare. But again, even without him, the game isn't being won by Brady or Edelman or Blount, it's being won at the line of scrimmage. And just like Trump, Bill won't mention them because he wants you to focus on Blount, on Gronk, on Edelman, on Brady. He's making you focus on individual players, when he is winning the game with his OL playing as a unit.

Also, on defense, the Pats play completely differently between the 20s than they do inside the RZ. Their entire goal is to hold you to FGs while they score TDs.

When Denver beat NE in the AFCCG, it was because they won in the trenches. They controlled the LoS, kept it to 3rd and long, hit Brady because he had to allow for longer routes. Miller destroyed their RT (can't remember his name).

Find the team that can not only get to Brady but can stop the run game, control the LoS, and you have the team that can take them. And even then, it's gonna be close. Also, don't fucking kick FGs. The only time you kick a FG against the Trumpriots is if there are 5 seconds left in the game and a FG wins it for you. That's it. Otherwise, go all Madden on them and go for TDs.
Must be why Brock is GOAT along with the other QBs that run Erhart Perkins offense. Coaches work 80 + hours a week and are so dumb they don't use an offense that any QB can be elite in.

Even the Browns?

This was BG doing it in the Xbox Madden franchise last year:

NiXdJJ2.gif

Lost Oddysey is up for free on the Xbox market place. It is also BC.

https://marketplace.xbox.com/Product/Lost-Odyssey/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8024d5307fa

I bought it on disc for a couple of quid when it was announced as BC. Could have spent that money on Irn Bru instead :(

Thanks for the heads up. I bought a used copy of LO on amazon and it came in a Street Fighter 4 case, 3 discs moving freely. I put one of discs in another game's case and I can't remember which game case it was, so I never got around to finishing it.

You only need the first disc if you're playing it on Xbone.

Hindl

He has faced two of the top defenses in the NFC. His numbers were bound to go down.

Exactly. And that's after spending most of the season playing weaker defenses, not that he hasn't been impressive. Next year should be really interesting for Dak and Wentz. NFC East plays the AFC and NFC West, which between the 8 of them has 4-5 top tier defenses

Top Bottom