• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 15 |OT| We didn't do it

Started watching a documentary about crime in Philly and this has me going :jnc already

RQHoTpZ.gif

bionic77

Exactly. And that's after spending most of the season playing weaker defenses, not that he hasn't been impressive. Next year should be really interesting for Dak and Wentz. NFC East plays the AFC and NFC West, which between the 8 of them has 4-5 top tier defenses
Dak had a ton of time against the Giants. He just totally shit the bed.

He was making bad throws and even worse decisions. You can't credit the defense when the qb has time and a guy open and instead throws directly into double coverage. Not unless there is some exotic scheme designed to trick rookie. I don't think it was the scheme I think Dak just took a huge shit on the field.

Must be why Brock is GOAT along with the other QBs that run Erhart Perkins offense. Coaches work 80 + hours a week and are so dumb they don't use an offense that any QB can be elite in.

Apparently you can't read. It's not the fucking QB. It's controlling the LoS. And no, not every team can do that.

However, if you give ANY starting QB in the league 3/4/5 seconds to throw the ball, then they will all succeed.

Pepiope

Dak had a ton of time against the Giants. He just totally shit the bed.

He was making bad throws and even worse decisions. You can't credit the defense when the qb has time and a guy open and instead throws directly into double coverage. Not unless there is some exotic scheme designed to trick rookie. I don't think it was the scheme I think Dak just took a huge shit on the field.
People are finally starting to see the light.

Dak is shit. Romo would shred defenses with that line and a competent run game.

Tom Penny

Apparently you can't read. It's not the fucking QB. It's controlling the LoS. And no, not every team can do that.

However, if you give ANY starting QB in the league 3/4/5 seconds to throw the ball, then they will all succeed.
Brady has been getting rid of the ball in about 2.5 seconds for years. Thank God he's getting 3-5 every play.

bionic77

People are finally starting to see the light.

Dak is shit. Romo would shred defenses with that line and a competent run game.
Romo is made of glass at this point.

2016 Romo may not be 2013 Romo. How long as it been since he has been that Romo? One year? Two?

Also, Dak is clearly the future. You might ruin his confidence for good if you bench him right now.

It is a tough decision. Glad I don't have to make it. The biggest decision I made today was what to get for lunch (lamb platter from a Syrian restaurant, I choose poorly, way too heavy for lunch).

Romo is made of glass at this point.

2016 Romo may not be 2013 Romo. How long as it been since he has been that Romo? One year? Two?

Also, Dak is clearly the future. You might ruin his confidence for good if you bench him right now.

It is a tough decision. Glad I don't have to make it. The biggest decision I made today was what to get for lunch (lamb platter from a Syrian restaurant, I choose poorly, way too heavy for lunch).

Hmmm now I want greek for lunch

You are essentially watching a video on what poverty and racism does to a population. It's a sad state, but at least violent crime here is drastically down. Now it's on to the opiod epidemic.

Yeah, I don't blame any of the people in these areas for turning to crime when they don't have too many options to earn a living. Theroux did another one about meth addiction in Fresno which I haven't watched yet, might watch that next.

Such bullshit....

You gonna have an Xbone in time for Madden to turn up free on EA Access? Might start another league when it goes into the vault.

None of those plays is spectacular.

The first two are very good throws where he has plenty of protection and delivers a ball that really an NFL qb us support to deliver. The 2nd one was more impressive than the first but it is a throw we have seen almost every starting qb make. I have even seen Cleveland qb's make both of those throws.

The 3rd play is an exciting play but not really because of Brady. The receiver was 20 yards open and the ball was underthrown but it made no difference because of how badly the Steelers bit on it.

The last one was just a throw to someone in stride.

These are not spectacular plays. Its a qb with a clean pocket delivering the ball. You can argue that it was more impressive because of the pressure involved with some of them, but there was nothing inherently amazing about the throws or the qb play. If you want to see a truly spectacular throw from a qb go look up some of Peytons deep passes in his prime. I have not seen anyone who can replicate his ridiculous timing and accuracy in breaking down cover 2 before or since then. It was like a videogame.

Also, don't ever say that I buy furniture from IKEA like some Tabris. I won't hesitate to throw hands. My knees are not hurting at this exact moment so that makes me a dangerous man (at least until tomorrow when they will probably hurt again).

You're so full of shit. You need a shit line, broke down protection, a blind WR and a lucky heave into the endzone for it to be a exciting play? Unless you're Peyton, then not having those things is okay? What about Brady his throws to Moss? Or is that all on Moss?

Bread

Banned
You're so full of shit. You need a shit line, broke down protection, a blind WR and a lucky heave into the endzone for it to be a exciting play? Unless you're Peyton, then not having those things is okay? What about Brady his throws to Moss? Or is that all on Moss?
dutch pls, don't even give them the attention they crave!

Brady has been getting rid of the ball in about 2.5 seconds for years. Thank God he's getting 3-5 every play.

Again, that's driven by a system that uses short, safe passes instead of runs (Brady is very accurate under 10 yards) or getting 4-6 yards on that first down. You can dink and dunk your way down the field, with the occasional Gronk running down the seam play. It's all setup by control and short plays. It's why you won't find a ton of amazing QB plays out of Brady. He's a safe QB. The system is built on safe QBs making safe plays.

Bill would have pulled his hair out with guys like Ben, Wussle or Favre. The system he has in place is made for someone (anyone almost) to make the simple, safe play over and over and over and over and over and over and over. It's a machine. Brady fits into it nicely. The machine starts at the LoS and controlling it. If that breaks down, the whole machine falls apart.

Edit - I mean seriously, can you imagine Brady behind Seattle's OL? Every single play from the Hawks is Wussle running for his life and making something happen.

bionic77

Weird how you need me to explain to you how a play is exciting.

And regarding Moss, the two most prolific scoring offenses of all time have one thing in common and it is not Tom Brady. Every fucking thing Leveon Bell does is exciting. But only a Pats fan would post Ben handing off to Leveon or giving him a dump pass and list that as one of Ben's signature or spectacular plays.

Line_HTX

NFL Research ‏@NFLResearch 12m12 minutes ago

Last 4 non-rookies to complete less than half their passes in 4 straight team games:

Derek Anderson
Tim Tebow
Mark Sanchez
Cam Newton

Cam is washed up confirmed.

Tom Penny

Again, that's driven by a system that uses short, safe passes instead of runs (Brady is very accurate under 10 yards) or getting 4-6 yards on that first down. You can dink and dunk your way down the field, with the occasional Gronk running down the seam play. It's all setup by control and short plays. It's why you won't find a ton of amazing QB plays out of Brady. He's a safe QB. The system is built on safe QBs making safe plays.

Bill would have pulled his hair out with guys like Ben, Wussle or Favre. The system he has in place is made for someone (anyone almost) to make the simple, safe play over and over and over and over and over and over and over. It's a machine. Brady fits into it nicely. The machine starts at the LoS and controlling it. If that breaks down, the whole machine falls apart.

Edit - I mean seriously, can you imagine Brady behind Seattle's OL? Every single play from the Hawks is Wussle running for his life and making something happen.
Steelers run the Pats offensive system

Bread

Banned

And regarding Moss, the two most prolific scoring offenses of all time have one thing in common and it is not Tom Brady. Every fucking thing Leveon Bell does is exciting. But only a Pats fan would post Ben handing off to Leveon or giving him a dump pass and list that as one of Ben's signature or spectacular plays.
Yup and it requires the same amount of QB skill to hand it off/throw dump offs as it does to throw bombs to Moss too.

Zeke

Is Dak regressing:

Game
CMP%
YDS
TD
INT

12/11
@
Giants

12/1
@
Vikings

11/24
vs
Redskins

Three straight games under 200 yards, I would think this would be cause for concern. I really do wonder if the Cowboys will play Romo week 17 if they have everything clinched by then as a bit of an audition.
Nonsense. Like farooq said he's faced two top nfc defenses, calm your tits.

Tom Penny

Ben's greatest accomplishment was winning a SB with a 22 QB rating. It will never be matched again.

Line_HTX

Judy Battista ‏@judybattista 9m9 minutes ago

Rooney believes no vote on any relocations would come before March, too much work to do before then if any team applies.

Buys the cities enough time, I guess.

bionic77

Ben's greatest accomplishment was winning a SB with a 22 QB rating. It will never be matched again.
His greatest accomplishments are actually surviving the car crash when he was not wearing a helmet on his motorcycle and maybe even more impressive was that he was never arrested for being such a horrible dirtbag (allegedly).

You're pretty dumb for a smart guy.

Steelers run the Pats offensive system

Eh, not exactly. But yes, a lot of teams have adopted the short pass in place of run offense. The Pats don't do nearly the number of bubble screens Todd Haley runs. The Steelers don't run nearly as many <5 yard crossing routes. The Pats don't run nearly the number of "Ben gonna launch this shit deeeeeeeep" plays.

And again, I'm not here to argue that Ben is better than Brady. My point is that Brady is a safe QB playing behind an OL that controls the LoS and allows for safe, short plays that eat yards and ToP. Is he the best QB at doing that? He certainly fits into the Pats system at a rate that is 7% better than any other QB in that system, from what we know. Is he the best QB of all time? Pats fans will argue yes, everyone else will argue no.

And regardless of what Pats fans think, the team, the coach and the QB have all been fined or suspended for cheating. That reek is gonna follow them throughout their careers.

Spinluck

How the fuck is Brady throwing an easy 15yd pass to Welker who runs the length of the field a career highlight for Brady... Lol

Gigglepoo

The way DeflateGate II is going down is incredible. Two footballs were found to be under-inflated but Mara says "Much ado about nothing." Preposterous.

Top Bottom