• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 15 |OT| We didn't do it

WedgeX

Banned
TexansCycle.jpg

HDjpJCb.gif

Mindlog

NFL should do one last Thursday night game after Week 17: Browns-49ers with the first pick in the draft on the line. I'd watch.

https://twitter.com/MichaelDavSmith/status/811182769137188864

Two men enter, one man leaves!!
That would be the Thursdayest Thursday Night ever. Offensive shootout full of spectacular plays. We're talking '06 Rose Bowl.

Go crazy Mech. It's fun when your team does well.

However, after our teams lose I am petitioning the league to replace football with reruns of Yo Mama as hosted by the celebrated Wilmer Valderrama.

MechDX

Ah yes, "if I ever meet you in person ill fuck you up"

Remember it like it happened yesterday

I was in a seriously dark place then. I have never mentioned it here and I'm pretty sure only one person here knows about it. I openly apologized to TDR as well

I was in a seriously dark place then. I have never mentioned it here and I'm pretty sure only one person here knows about it. I openly apologized to TDR as well
Haha, I only bring it up in jest! My bad, no hard feelings buddy. Glad things seem to have improved since then.

Please don't hurt me.

haha jk jk

But for real...

Bread

Banned
texans fans are certainly the most unhinged of all of us

we got angry little line screaming at anything taller than him and mech, the poor soul, wasting his money on transformers toys.

BigAT

To be fair Mack is the better player.

That was never in question. The whole point of that mock draft, as was reiterated several times beforehand, was to select who your team was realistically going to select at their spot. It wasn't about picking the best player available, it wasn't even about who you thought your team should take.

Everyone knew the Texans were taking Clowney at #1 that year. Mech picked Mack anyway and fucked up the draft for everyone else.

#mechwaswrong

MechDX

So if Savage finishes strong what happens next year? Can the Texans get out of Assweiler's contract?

26 million to cut, 19 to keep. The combined salaries of Savage/Oz is still within the league average of combined QB on the roster of all salaries for all 32 teams. They could also do a restructure and trade.

Change money to a bonus lowering his yearly salary. Someone would have to want him though......Im looking at Cleveland to be honest. My boy BG deserves a QB like Oz

we all know you don't have any kids mech

I nicknamed by boys Bread and Boban. Whenever they act up I just ignore them

26 million to cut, 19 to keep. The combined salaries of Savage/Oz is still within the league average of combined salaries for all 32 teams. They could also do a restructure and trade.

Change money to a bonus lowering his yearly salary. Someone would have to want him though......Im looking at Cleveland to be honest. My boy BG deserves a QB like Oz
I can't see anyone trading for him after this season... It's gonna be awkward for everyone when he's there making bank riding the bench all year.

MechDX

I can't see anyone trading for him after this season... It's gonna be awkward for everyone when he's there making bank riding the bench all year.

Eh. RG3 did it in Washington. Crazy league and you never know what can happen. Didnt think we would get anything for Schaub after 2013's disaster but they got a 6th round pick for him and his salary.

Crazy thing is McClain reported Savages and Osweiler's wives have become best friends while here. AWKWARD! Wonder if they were at the game together on Sunday when the stadium lost its mind when Savage was inserted.

Hindl

Eh. RG3 did it in Washington. Crazy league and you never know what can happen. Didnt think we would get anything for Schaub after 2013's disaster but they got a 6th round pick for him and his salary.

Crazy thing is McClain reported Savages and Osweiler's wives have become best friends while here. AWKWARD! Wonder if they were at the game together on Sunday when the stadium lost its mind when Savage was inserted.

Interesting stat relating to the QB contracts:

ProFootballTalkVerified account
‏@ProFootballTalk
The Texas NFL teams could be paying a combined $1.23 million to starting QBs in 2017, $30 million to backups

Funny how that works

And surprise! Switch thread on gaming side has gone into full meltdown territory

MechDX

Interesting stat relating to the QB contracts:

Funny how that works

And surprise! Switch thread on gaming side has gone into full meltdown territory

Jayson Braddock ‏@JaysonBraddock 13h13 hours ago
Dak Prescott
Drafted Round 4 Pick 135 (2016)

Tom Savage
Drafted Round 4 Pick 135 (2014)

This means something!

If I go to Gaming I'll probably hear stuff about FF15 and/or Doom not being GOTY, and I don't need that or Switch negativity in my life combined with all the other negative forces in this world

Love yourself

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Ah yeah, in a three way tie the Packers win out I guess. I was thinking if the Vikings and Packers are head to head and the Lions lose out

Edit: So the Packers aren't completely fucked if they lose to Minnesota, but they'd still need some help
The Packers are fucked for different reasons if they lose to these Vikings.

Top Bottom