• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 15 |OT| We didn't do it

Bread

Banned
me when the mainstream liberal media gets smacked down by breitbart

giphy.gif

Never let fear define who you are. Taking chances is much less scary than the regret of not taking chances.

Ummm. Cool?

Guess I will try some different lunges in my routine. More colorful gear as well.
#YOLO #NEVERGIVEUP #GOHARD #BROCK!

Didn't notice she had posted words....

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 15s15 seconds ago

Dolphins are signing former Texans QB TJ Yates, per source.

j-wood

The dream is dead Texans-GAF.

Dolphins are signing former Texans QB TJ Yates, per source.

Gunna lose to the bengals now!

Mindlog

BOOM

Cause this Sunday night, We'll feel alright
The party is here on the Bay side
So I reach for my 40 and I turn it up
Uber coming by to get us home from the club
Hit the shore 'cause I'm faded
Honeys in the street say, "Winston, yo we made it!"
It feels so good in my hood tonight
The summertime skirts and the guys in Kani
Carolina haters forgot about the drive-by
You gotta get your groove on, before you go get paid
So tip up your cup and throw your hands up
And let me hear the party say

🍾

Bread

Banned
Gil Brandt ‏@Gil_Brandt 14s15 seconds ago
After last night, Tom Brady is 7-0 when facing No. 1 defenses: W-L: 7-0 Comp %: 66.1 Pass YPG: 344.4 TD-INT: 15-4 Rating: 102.1
ridiculous

Milchjon

No Gronk and against a very good defense. Brady lit it up. Have to respect the year he is having. He may dink and dunk but he does it better than anyone ever has

Difference to the last few years is that it's not only dink and dunk and any successful deep pass doesn't feel like mostly luck.

What's a good source for air yards per attempts? Would like to have a comparison for him over the years since Moss.

Farooq

Banned
I said the Cowboys were doing it on Sunday. I was wrong.

PSA: Edible highs last a really long time. I was high the next morning, what a mistake.

Has anyone seen a writeup of how this years drafted players are holding up? I was thinking the Eagles draft was pretty good, but I haven't seen any articles about the subject in general. I guess this is typically something that comes after the season. For the Eagles, the biggest problem with their draft is that they all got injured.

ROUND 1 Carson Wentz QB

GOAT QB

ROUND 3 Isaac Seumalo OG

Has actually had a really good season as a rookie backup OG and has started now with all of the injuries. He had a pretty damn good PFF grade in his last start and I think he'll be an every day starter at guard. PFF ranked him in the top ten players of the week.

ROUND 5 Wendell Smallwood RB

I think he's been pretty good for a 5th round pick. He's averaged 4.1 yards per carry. He hadn't had a ton of play time as he was third on the depth chart after Mathews and Sproles. His big problem is mostly pass protection, and hopefully he can be coached up on that. Seems like a decent backup RB. Unfortunately he is now on IR.

ROUND 5 Halapoulivaati Vaitai OL

Another solid pickup for offensive line. During the Chip Kelly era Lane Johnson was the sole draft of an offensive lineman. This was a departure from the Andy Reid era focus on linemen. This year the team needed to pick up help in this department and they may have found their future right tackle going forward with Vaitai. Incredible value for a 5th round pick. He had a shaky first half against Ryan Kerrigan in his debut start, but by the second half of that game he was very solid, and was solid in all of his starts until his injury against Seattle. With Johnson coming back from suspension soon, I doubt Vaitai gets another start this season, but it's nice to know we have a likely successor at the position.

ROUND 6 Blake Countess CB

Blake Countess is currently on the active roster of the RAMs. While the team didn't find room for him on the roster, the guy did make it to a roster, so I can't say it was wholly bad. Maybe Rams fans can tell us whether he is good or trash.

ROUND 7 Jalen Mills S

Trash. Sort of. He played CB and Safety in college and was pretty successful. He's showed some good work in a few games this season, but has also shown so bad pretty frequently too. They say CB is one of the hardest positions to make the jump to in the NFL so I'm not writing him off. I think he'll be good depth at the CB position but is nowhere close to a #1, and still pretty far from a #2 CB. They've been playing him as nickle though, and he's actually looked much better there.

ROUND 7 Alex McCalister DE

I literally don't even know who this is. Apparently he went on IR during the preseason.

ROUND 7 Joe Walker

Tore his ACL in a preseason game. He was apparently a lock to make the roster before this happened, and was supposed to be the first backup behind Jordan Hicks. I guess we'll see if the promise holds true next season.

All in all only two players in this draft look like they weren't at least promising to the organization. Doesn't seem to be that bad a draft. It looks like this draft will yield 3-4 every day starters for the Eagles.

I'm interested to see other teams takes on how the new players are doing.

Has anyone seen a writeup of how this years drafted players are holding up? I was thinking the Eagles draft was pretty good, but I haven't seen any articles about the subject in general. I guess this is typically something that comes after the season. For the Eagles, the biggest problem with their draft is that they all got injured.

ROUND 1 Carson Wentz QB

GOAT QB

ROUND 3 Isaac Seumalo OG

Has actually had a really good season as a rookie backup OG and has started now with all of the injuries. He had a pretty damn good PFF grade in his last start and I think he'll be an every day starter at guard. PFF ranked him in the top ten players of the week.

ROUND 5 Wendell Smallwood RB

I think he's been pretty good for a 5th round pick. He's averaged 4.1 yards per carry. He hadn't had a ton of play time as he was third on the depth chart after Mathews and Sproles. His big problem is mostly pass protection, and hopefully he can be coached up on that. Seems like a decent backup RB. Unfortunately he is now on IR.

ROUND 5 Halapoulivaati Vaitai OL

Another solid pickup for offensive line. During the Chip Kelly era Lane Johnson was the sole draft of an offensive lineman. This was a departure from the Andy Reid era focus on linemen. This year the team needed to pick up help in this department and they may have found their future right tackle going forward with Vaitai. Incredible value for a 5th round pick. He had a shaky first half against Ryan Kerrigan in his debut start, but by the second half of that game he was very solid, and was solid in all of his starts until his injury against Seattle. With Johnson coming back from suspension soon, I doubt Vaitai gets another start this season, but it's nice to know we have a likely successor at the position.

ROUND 6 Blake Countess CB

Blake Countess is currently on the active roster of the RAMs. While the team didn't find room for him on the roster, the guy did make it to a roster, so I can't say it was wholly bad. Maybe Rams fans can tell us whether he is good or trash.

ROUND 7 Jalen Mills S

Trash. Sort of. He played CB and Safety in college and was pretty successful. He's showed some good work in a few games this season, but has also shown so bad pretty frequently too. They say CB is one of the hardest positions to make the jump to in the NFL so I'm not writing him off. I think he'll be good depth at the CB position but is nowhere close to a #1, and still pretty far from a #2 CB. They've been playing him as nickle though, and he's actually looked much better there.

ROUND 7 Alex McCalister DE

I literally don't even know who this is. Apparently he went on IR during the preseason.

ROUND 7 Joe Walker

Tore his ACL in a preseason game. He was apparently a lock to make the roster before this happened, and was supposed to be the first backup behind Jordan Hicks. I guess we'll see if the promise holds true next season.

All in all only two players in this draft look like they weren't at least promising to the organization. Doesn't seem to be that bad a draft. It looks like this draft will yield 3-4 every day starters for the Eagles.

I'm interested to see other teams takes on how the new players are doing.

Tunsil has been beasting but he was the top talent in the draft so no surprise there, finally it is the dolphins who benefit from the rest of the leagues fuck up!

BigAT

What's some cool shit I can tell relatives to get me for Christmas? Dota 2 is free, so I'm at a complete loss as to what else I could possibly desire.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://www.ninersnation.com/2016/12...n-full-details-signing-bonus-salary-cap-49ers

In the case of McDonald’s extension, the five-year, $35 million deal is actually three years and $19.7 million. Matt Maiocco got a look at the contract and has learned that the deal is for three years with options for the fourth and fifth seasons.

The deal includes a $7 million signing bonus, which for cap purposes prorates to $1.4 million per season over the life of the deal. If the 49ers do not pick up the fourth year option, they would take a dead money hit of $2.8 million. If they pick up the fourth year option but not the fifth year option, they would take a dead money hit of $1.4 million.

During the first three years of the deal, the cap figures climb from $4.4 million to $6 million to $6.5 million. They are then $7.8 million each of the final two years. Per Maiocco, the deal includes some additional incentives each year. He will receive $75,000 each time he has at least 55 receptions, and another $75,000 each time he surpasses 700 yards. Since he has never reached either mark through his first four seasons, those incentives will be listed as not likely to be earned (NLTBE) and thus do not count against the cap right now. If he reaches the incentives, that money will then count against the cap.

Deal doesn't seem as bad with all the details out.

Top Bottom