• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 15 |OT| We didn't do it

Duxxy3

Don't worry friend, you still got all of Dolphins-Gaf, we are truly the good guys

Edit:

lol

Pats better put in a claim for Hester. Our return people are a joke.

edit: I don't give a shit if he returns the ball. I just want a competent returner that won't give the ball away.

Duxxy3

and there are multiple guys on the roster id rather be back there than those 2

How many of them would Bill be willing to risk though?

Amendola was your 4th receiver that barely saw the field. Cyrus Jones was benched for multiple games.

Do you give the job to White? He was big in the receiving game last night.

Hindl

Has anyone seen a writeup of how this years drafted players are holding up? I was thinking the Eagles draft was pretty good, but I haven't seen any articles about the subject in general. I guess this is typically something that comes after the season. For the Eagles, the biggest problem with their draft is that they all got injured.

ROUND 1 Carson Wentz QB

GOAT QB

ROUND 3 Isaac Seumalo OG

Has actually had a really good season as a rookie backup OG and has started now with all of the injuries. He had a pretty damn good PFF grade in his last start and I think he'll be an every day starter at guard. PFF ranked him in the top ten players of the week.

ROUND 5 Wendell Smallwood RB

I think he's been pretty good for a 5th round pick. He's averaged 4.1 yards per carry. He hadn't had a ton of play time as he was third on the depth chart after Mathews and Sproles. His big problem is mostly pass protection, and hopefully he can be coached up on that. Seems like a decent backup RB. Unfortunately he is now on IR.

ROUND 5 Halapoulivaati Vaitai OL

Another solid pickup for offensive line. During the Chip Kelly era Lane Johnson was the sole draft of an offensive lineman. This was a departure from the Andy Reid era focus on linemen. This year the team needed to pick up help in this department and they may have found their future right tackle going forward with Vaitai. Incredible value for a 5th round pick. He had a shaky first half against Ryan Kerrigan in his debut start, but by the second half of that game he was very solid, and was solid in all of his starts until his injury against Seattle. With Johnson coming back from suspension soon, I doubt Vaitai gets another start this season, but it's nice to know we have a likely successor at the position.

ROUND 6 Blake Countess CB

Blake Countess is currently on the active roster of the RAMs. While the team didn't find room for him on the roster, the guy did make it to a roster, so I can't say it was wholly bad. Maybe Rams fans can tell us whether he is good or trash.

ROUND 7 Jalen Mills S

Trash. Sort of. He played CB and Safety in college and was pretty successful. He's showed some good work in a few games this season, but has also shown so bad pretty frequently too. They say CB is one of the hardest positions to make the jump to in the NFL so I'm not writing him off. I think he'll be good depth at the CB position but is nowhere close to a #1, and still pretty far from a #2 CB. They've been playing him as nickle though, and he's actually looked much better there.

ROUND 7 Alex McCalister DE

I literally don't even know who this is. Apparently he went on IR during the preseason.

ROUND 7 Joe Walker

Tore his ACL in a preseason game. He was apparently a lock to make the roster before this happened, and was supposed to be the first backup behind Jordan Hicks. I guess we'll see if the promise holds true next season.

All in all only two players in this draft look like they weren't at least promising to the organization. Doesn't seem to be that bad a draft. It looks like this draft will yield 3-4 every day starters for the Eagles.

I'm interested to see other teams takes on how the new players are doing.

Yeah even without wentz looks like we at the least got 4 depth players with 3 being future starters. Considering our last3 drafts have produced roughly 1 starter max each it's great. Not home run talent but it's still positive. And add in that for future drafts we'll have Joe Douglas as a head scout, who was with the ravens from 2000-2015 and helped with their continued success.

@BR_DougFarrar

He's faced some top defenses lately, whereas for most of the season they mostly faced lesser defenses. Some regression was bound to happen. Also the giants seem built to fuck with the cowboys

Mindlog

CzlRiRWXEAA4ZPO.jpg:large
In unrelated news Tampa Bay is only the third most sinful city in the state.
5th most lustful in the country.

Top Bottom