• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 15 |OT| We didn't do it

squicken

John Harbaugh will probably have to hire his 7th offensive coordinator this offseason. That's why teams have to hire offensive coaches. Or they end up with junior camper OCs like LAR and BAL have suffered through

I look at their losses and think their offense has cost them more than their defense has. The Giants, Bucs, and Lions game for starters.

Yeah their offense has not been as good this year, and the defense has been better. I just think the Brees/Payton era is done

How can you afford dat juice on your bamen income?
About to sign my scholarship/assistantship for graduate school. So in some ways I am still broke, but in many other senses I'm still broke. But at the same time some might call me Mr. NuMoney. Still adjusting the spending schedule for Switch!
he's not actually at jamba juice, he went to a jimbo juice smh
Lmao
It's 51 days until Super Bowl LI.

Cool.
Football is dead.

Line_HTX

It's 51 days until Super Bowl LI.

Cool.

Czz3NLeUoAAvQ74.jpg

Syrinx

Yeah their offense has not been as good this year, and the defense has been better. I just think the Brees/Payton era is done
The thing about the Saints seems to be that Brees and Payton and co. don't seem to know what to do with themselves if they aren't in a 60+ or at least a 50+ point shootout. Their defensive numbers aren't good but they do step up every now and then (like Sunday. Cameron Jordan was the best player on the field that day, bar none). But when they do, the offense can't get in sync for whatever reason. They just can't put together a complete effort.

Anyway, as a Bucs fan, the sooner I don't have to worry about Brees and co. anymore, the better. And Sean Payton probably won't have any trouble finding a job if he is let go, but frankly, I think they'll hold onto him and Brees for as long as possible since they just haven't given any indication they're ready or willing to move on.

More importantly...

265 days until the 2017 season kicks off!

Can we just jump ahead to that please. I noticed that this upcoming SB is SB LI, LI sounds like lie. I believe that the NFL is trying to secretly prepare us for the result of this upcoming SB to be illegitimate. The Roman numeral is a warning.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Can we just jump ahead to that please. I noticed that this upcoming SB is SB LI, LI sounds like lie. I believe that the NFL is trying to secretly prepare us for the result of this upcoming SB to be illegitimate. The Roman numeral is a warning.

I'm ready to skip to it.

Way better than watching the Cowboys win an Owl.

Pepiope

howies gonna get his some weapons this offseason. I heard that Ruben Randle and Chris Givens are both still available.
I honestly see us drafting a RB and WR high. Signing Jackson for 2/3 years, and a couple other depth moves at WR.

I don't want Jackson, but meh.

It's striking how far behind the rest of the division the Saints have fallen. And that is with Brees. How do they ever catch up? I still think they need to trade Brees and blow it up

Saints should have blown it up 2 years ago.

I think they're going to be content to derp around until Brees retires. They won't be able to build a team with that albatross contract, and whoever does their drafting can't draft defense for shit anyway.

I want nothing to do with DJax. His numbers are in decline he will be another year older. He was always a one trick pony, and once that speed goes forget it.

Agree with you completely. The only way I'd take him is if his contract number is dirt cheap. 3 years $2-3m per year max. Even if he's lost a step he's better than Nelson Agholor. He'd be a good #2 just based on his sure hands and shiftiness. I think he'll get paid more than that so there's not a chance I'd take him.

Hindl

I honestly see us drafting a RB and WR high. Signing Jackson for 2/3 years, and a couple other depth moves at WR.

I don't want Jackson, but meh.

Obviously you don't wanna go into the draft with a set position for each round, but I'd ideally wanna go CB in the 1st, Corey Davis or the best RB in the 2nd, WR/RB in the 3rd, and CB in the 4th. The depth at CB is crazy so I wanna grab two.

Didn't you guys already try Randle?

That's the joke

Some Eagles news:

Perfect! The eagles get a better pick for rounds 2-7 and my boy BG gets two top 10 picks. Only way this can go wrong is if F fucks up and trades the eagles pick for Jimmy G

Agree with you completely. The only way I'd take him is if his contract number is dirt cheap. 3 years $2-3m per year max. Even if he's lost a step he's better than Nelson Agholor. He'd be a good #2 just based on his sure hands and shiftiness. I think he'll get paid more than that so there's not a chance I'd take him.
Might be better to target Dede Westbrook in the draft for that speed

Farooq

Banned
He had a very clean pocket to throw from, he wasn't afraid to scan the field, also the GIants pass rush in that game was horrible, last Sunday though the Giants pass rush was better and gave him less time and messed up the comfort spot in his brain, his timing was off, Giants defense did to him what they did to the mighty Brady in SB 42, they fucked up his internal clock..

I was really just posting the gif to show how Romo is ready to deliver with his reads, so when he sees it he can throw it. Edit: I posted gifs of Montana with a 3-step, 5-step, and a 7-step dropbacks a while back without comment too. It was really just to showcase the footwork.

is this gif implying that reads #1 and #4 were open? lol

No, the gif was taken from a Cian Fahey article.

There is a near-endless supply of plays that can be used to showcase Romo’s skill set and the added elements he will bring to the offense. The best one comes from a 2013 matchup with the New York Giants. Romo shows off ridiculous patience to extend this play within the pocket. While the protection is obviously excellent, you can compare how Romo shifts his feet, shoulders and eyes in this gif with how Prescott moves in the plays above. He stays aware of the pass rush throughout the play and cycles from left to right and back again before reset his feet deeper in the pocket to buy even more time.

At the end of the play, Romo throws Jason Witten open with precision and anticipation. Had he waited for Witten to get open, he would never have released the ball.

I would have linked it but it goes into what Dak cannot do, we already had too much Dak vs Romo talk so I didn't feel like linking the article.

I was really just posting the gif to show how Romo is ready to deliver with his reads, so when he sees it he can throw it.

No, the gif was taken from a Cian Fahey article.

I would have linked it but it goes into what Dak cannot do, we already had too much Dak vs Romo talk so I didn't feel like linking the article.

I was going to link to it yesterday but I didn't get to read it all but essentially that's why Romo needs to start now if Dallas wants the Owl this year otherwise it's not happening.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Rodgers v Brady Super Bowl is still my dream game. I think it'd be an incredibly entertaining matchup to watch.

Outside the Packers, my preferred matchups are something like:

Falcons v Chiefs
Falcons v Raiders
Falcons v Broncos
Falcons v Steelers
Falcons v Texans
Falcons v Titans
Falcons v Dolphins

(Broncos being my least favorite of these)

Or maybe Tampa Bay instead of Atlanta. Hell I'd take Washington also.

The other NFC teams like the Vikings, Seahawks, Giants, and Cowboys can fuck off.

I just can't believe that there would be some huge market for him, after just 1.5 games. But then there are no QBs in this draft, and SF, CLE, and JAX really need QBs

9ers desperately have to do something. They will draft a developmental QB, but they need someone to step in next year and play better. If they have another terrible year everyone will be out of a job.

Bills Expected To Fire HC Rex Ryan After Season, GM Doug Whaley Likely To Return https://t.co/p2SUC0zj5H #Bills https://t.co/j3yFqHWj18

Didn't they tell him "make the playoffs or else?"

I'm assuming they are just about out of it now, but might as well hold onto him for a couple of weeks to finish out the season. Especially once they canned the only other coach on the staff who might have been able to step in (assuming Rob goes with Rex).

I just can't believe that there would be some huge market for him, after just 1.5 games. But then there are no QBs in this draft, and SF, CLE, and JAX really need QBs

Same reason every coach or assistant who works with Belichick immediately has a job in the league somewhere, guaranteed, for at least the next 5 years, with HC interviews promised for at least the next decade after that

Top Bottom