• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 15 |OT| We didn't do it

squicken

For a football team, 72 million dollars is far easier to replace than 2 first round picks.

It's only a 1 and 4 if they miss the playoffs. It's two 1s if they win the SB. There's three ways to view that trade

1) In the abstract, is Sam Bradford worth a 1st and 3rd round pick? Most would say no

2) If you knew that the Vikings were going to be playing 3rd string tackles, backup center, a backup guard, miss Peterson for most of the year, miss Diggs for a couple of games, and get nothing from 1st round WR Treadwell, would you make the trade? Obviously not. You'd trade away every player you could in the face of a lost season

3) In August, after losing Bridgewater, but expecting league average injuries, and expecting the young defense to be special, would you make the trade? To me, this is the proper way to view the trade when evaluating the job Speilman has done

Bradford said he talked to Roseman and Dougie and told his agent to get it done with the Eagles. Philly media has said Lurie told Howie to re-sign Bradford. I think his agent got a read on the market and knew that the Texans were the only team handing out big money, and they wanted Oswillier

oh that's right, I forgot Bradford was available before Eagles re-signed him

Greg Cosell Film Review on Dak Prescott

More film review that highlights the same issues I and others have said for weeks now.

Post all the meaningless stats you want but like always film doesn't lie.

Romo needs to start now if Cowboys hope for a chance in the Playoffs, I get there are health issues and if he's still the same but that's why you need to find out now before it's too late.

Mindlog

Get a single server ninja they work really well.
I got that exact one last year

make a smoothie every day - never had issues
Thank you both. The ninja looks nice and apparently the Hamilton can do it. Secret Santa solved.
I'm doing it!!

Transformers Titans Returns Fortress Maximus for $55 from $140.

My sons are going to lose their minds.

https://twitter.com/DXTex/status/809827841126891520
Nice find. Definitely doing it.

I remember going to one of those stores and finding a Tea Tree/Orange Blossom scented oil. Made the home smell amazing and cleared the sinuses like nothing else. Never found that scent again and no one sells a comparable blend :(

Spinluck

So going into that Mario mobile game thread made me realize some people on GAF really hate positive Nintendo news.

Stay strong my Switch brethren.

Hindl

More film review that highlights the same issues I and others have said for weeks now.

Romo needs to start now if Cowboys hope for a chance in the Playoffs, I get there are health issues and if he's still the same but that's why you need to find out now before it's too late.

What I've been saying. The moment they decided to hold Romo out their chances dropped like a rock. It's amazing the OL has been remarkably healthy aside from Collins, and Leary is probably better as of now anyway. Put Romo in with Zeke and that OL and they'd rip thru the playoffs. Dak even said he knew it was Romos team, he wouldn't have had his confidence or anything hurt at all. But ironically, now that they kept him in, they can't take him out for Romo without actually hurting his confidence. They believed in him, but if they yank him now it would show they don't believe he can take them there anymore.

nope, just the worst.

So the best at the worst?

WE.DID.IT!

What I've been saying. The moment they decided to hold Romo out their chances dropped like a rock. It's amazing the OL has been remarkably healthy aside from Collins, and Leary is probably better as of now anyway. Put Romo in with Zeke and that OL and they'd rip thru the playoffs. Dak even said he knew it was Romos team, he wouldn't have had his confidence or anything hurt at all. But ironically, now that they kept him in, they can't take him out for Romo without actually hurting his confidence. They believed in him, but if they yank him now it would show they don't believe he can take them there anymore.

Which is why they should have done it sooner and even then should still do it now.

Romo's back is a ticking time bomb. If the Cowboys were going to play him the best plan would be work him in slowly the first few weeks, give him one full game before the playoffs, and hope he can knock enough rust off without dying.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
OK it's been 12 hours and I feel like I can talk about the Ryan punt fake maybe bad snap weird bobble knee down then recovery of the not fumble after Ryan was killed outright while Pete Carroll laughed on the sidelines.

Slo

OK it's been 12 hours and I feel like I can talk about the Ryan punt fake maybe bad snap weird bobble knee down then recovery of the not fumble after Ryan was killed outright while Pete Carroll laughed on the sidelines.

Do you think Ryan will be recovered in time to run that play again in a situation where it could have actual impact on the game's outcome?

Bitanator

I think Dak is a pretty strong minded guy, I doubt his confidence would be broken if Romo would start the final two games if Dak pull a stinker again. If anything Dak would grow stronger for it, he just seems that kind of person to me. They will not do that though, Dak is the man till we the end, I've seen him win in all ways this year so I am willing to stay with him, but he needs to prove he can fight back from this bad slump

Dougie was asked by reporters about all the passes Wentz has been throwing lately:

"You never want to ask your rookie quarterback to throw the ball 60 times and then 46 times like he did (last week). It's usually a recipe for disaster," coach Doug Pederson told reporters this week.

Yes doug it usually is. If only someone could have known that before hand.

Dougie was asked by reporters about all the passes Wentz has been throwing lately:

"You never want to ask your rookie quarterback to throw the ball 60 times and then 46 times like he did (last week). It's usually a recipe for disaster," coach Doug Pederson told reporters this week.

Reminds me of Philbins "Yea we need to give Miller the ball more, get him more involved"

*Next Game Miller gets ball 8 times*

Repeat.

I just don't understand the Badford love festival. Dude sucks ass.

2016: 71.2%, 246.2 ypg, 14-3 TD/INT, 98.2 rating

All that with the worst OL in the NFL, no running game either. Bradford is having an incredible year, far better then almost anyone else could have in the same situation.

People who think that Dallas would "roll through" the playoffs with Romo are delusional.

He's a better QB right now, sure. But I've never thought our defense was good enough to win a championship. Name the last team that won with a power run game and mediocre/bad defense, including an abysmal pass rush.

We weren't good enough in 2014, and we're not good enough now. I'm fine with either decision at QB, and just excited that my team isn't a steaming pile of shit.

Hindl

I think Dak is a pretty strong minded guy, I doubt his confidence would be broken if Romo would start the final two games if Dak pull a stinker again. If anything Dak would grow stronger for it, he just seems that kind of person to me. They will not do that though, Dak is the man till we the end, I've seen him win in all ways this year so I am willing to stay with him, but he needs to prove he can fight back from this bad slump

I think at the very least Dak will develop into an above average QB, and with the weapons he has he'll be able to grow without developing bad habits or get shellshocked. I'm sure he could bounce back from it if they benched him for Romo, he'd probably even understand. But the time to do it was when Romo was first ready, Dak was ready to step aside and he'd be ending the season on a high note. In the long run he knows he's the QB so even now he would probably be alright, but being taken out for the veteran when you're 8-1 and looking like a champ vs it happening after a few subpar games ending in a loss will have at least some effect

People who think that Dallas would "roll through" the playoffs with Romo are delusional.

He's a better QB right now, sure. But I've never thought our defense was good enough to win a championship. Name the last team that won with a power run game and mediocre/bad defense, including an abysmal pass rush.

We weren't good enough in 2014, and we're not good enough now. I'm fine with either decision at QB, and just excited that my team isn't a steaming pile of shit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/2zltuy/offensive_and_defensive_ranks_for_superbowl/

http://www.nfl.com/superbowlchamps/defense

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-grades-and-rankings-for-the-past-10-super-bowl-champions/

Seems like the 2011 Giants won with a shitty defense and you guys have a far better offense than they did. In fact looking a little further, Saints, Colts, Packers all won with poor defense.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
2016: 71.2%, 246.2 ypg, 14-3 TD/INT, 98.2 rating

All that with the worst OL in the NFL, no running game either. Bradford is having an incredible year, far better then almost anyone else could have in the same situation.

Having the best year of his life while guiding his team to a .500 record. Trade him to the Browns for 3 firsts!

I think at the very least Dak will develop into an above average QB, and with the weapons he has he'll be able to grow without developing bad habits or get shellshocked. I'm sure he could bounce back from it if they benched him for Romo, he'd probably even understand. But the time to do it was when Romo was first ready, Dak was ready to step aside and he'd be ending the season on a high note. In the long run he knows he's the QB so even now he would probably be alright, but being taken out for the veteran when you're 8-1 and looking like a champ vs it happening after a few subpar games ending in a loss will have at least some effect

This is all great in hindsight, but at the time, the decision to stick with Dak was almost universally applauded.

Even Romo saw the writing on the wall and stepped down.

this_guy

People need to stop assuming that current Romo is the same as 2014 Romo. He hasn't played in almost 2 years and he's 36 years old. We don't know what he would look like, but we do know that Dak is winning games.

How exactly could he have called it differently? Run the ball more when you are down my multiple scores, have a single healthy RB left on the roster, and have 3/5ths of your offensive line onto the 3rd/4th string backups? Sounds like a really great idea. He acknowledged that the best option was a bad option.

People want to act like Doug is the second coming of Andy in the pass/run ratio, but if you look at games in which Eagles have maintained a lead, or kept the score close and have been healthy the run/pass split was close to 50/50 in those cases. It's so dumb when people call for more runs in situations in which it wouldn't work.

BigAT

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/2zltuy/offensive_and_defensive_ranks_for_superbowl/

http://www.nfl.com/superbowlchamps/defense

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-grades-and-rankings-for-the-past-10-super-bowl-champions/

Seems like the 2011 Giants won with a shitty defense and you guys have a far better offense than they did. In fact looking a little further, Saints, Colts, Packers all won with poor defense.

They won with a bad defense and the league's 32nd ranked rushing defense, which is kind of crazy. To be fair, both the defense and rushing attack were great when the playoffs actually started, but Eli's fantastic season was the only reason they made it to the playoffs in the first place.

Bucs about to do it.

How exactly could he have called it differently? Run the ball more when you are down my multiple scores, have a single healthy RB left on the roster, and have 3/5ths of your offensive line onto the 3rd/4th string backups? Sounds like a really great idea. He acknowledged that the best option was a bad option.

People want to act like Doug is the second coming of Andy in the pass/run ratio, but if you look at games in which Eagles have maintained a lead, or kept the score close and have been healthy the run/pass split was close to 50/50 in those cases. It's so dumb when people call for more runs in situations in which it wouldn't work.

What about the games that the Eagles were in and he just abandoned the run even though it was working. Hell the Packers game the Eagles were right in it and they were running the ball well and then just pass pass pass and they were doomed. dougie has been Andy 2.0, just without the good stuff that Reid did. I absolutely went into this year expecting the worst from him, and he has been worse then I expected.

Farooq

Banned

Thanks for sharing. He finished his article with this paragraph.

When we talk about Prescott’s issues, none of them should be unexpected. He’s still a rookie. The concerns you could see from him on his Mississippi State film – not throwing with a firm base, a tendency to drift when throwing to his left, a locked front leg that negatively impacts velocity and at times causes deeper throws to lose energy on the back end – are showing up with more regularity. He will need an offseason to work on these issues, like all other rookie quarterbacks.

What about the games that the Eagles were in and he just abandoned the run even though it was working. Hell the Packers game the Eagles were right in it and they were running the ball well and then just pass pass pass and they were doomed. dougie has been Andy 2.0, just without the good stuff that Reid did. I absolutely went into this year expecting the worst from him, and he has been worse then I expected.

Those games were few and far between. That Packers game I was at. I would argue the run was only mildly working. Wentz had as many yards as Smallwood practically. But more to the point, the defense let the Packers keep the ball for nearly 20 minutes in the second half, so the offense didn't even get a chance to do much when they did have the ball. Plus Matthews was out in that game, and I believe there were some offensive line issues, as that was the game Brandon Brooks was out and it was Seumalo's first start. Back up RB, and backup OL situtation. Still, it was a 38/18 pass/run ratio, so they were running 1/3rd of the time even in a terrible spot. Not that awful.

The Bengals game was worse for the ratio, but they were down 19-0 by half time that game, and then got 10 more points dropped on them in the 3rd quarter. Running in that situation would have been pointless in terms of getting a win. I guess you could argue that they shouldn't have let Wentz pass that much because it was a clear loss and it would be better not to give him that much a burden.

Slo

The point is that Badford's ceiling is good game manager. Tell me why you get rock hard when thinking about him.

ardUuwu.gif

Top Bottom